300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good books to read

So I just finished these books by Danny R. Smith, who's a retired homicide detective from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Read the books in this order : A Good Bunch of Men, Door to a Darkroom and Echo Killers. They are good reads and can get them fairly cheap off Amazon.

https://dickiefloydnovels.com/book-table/
    Last edited by moparfan; 12-30-2018, 11:00 PM.
    I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Thanks. I will suggest Ed Norris’s book: Way down the hole.

A lot of People back up his stories when he was in LE.

Comment

I have read all of Danny Smiths books in one week and really enjoyed them...Being retired from LASD its easier to relate to characters and places he writes about..
      Retired LASD

Comment

• moparfan
        moparfan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah it's funny reading the books because I really get what he's writing about. I know the areas too. I made the mistake of reading them in reverse.

• eagleI
        eagleI commented
        Editing a comment
        I just started on book #3 of the Dickie Floyd series. He really is a good writer!

Many of his characters are based on Deps he has worked with...With a few I am sure they are people I knew or worked with especially the homicide Lt. in the book as I worked with that LT. for years in patrol and he went to homicide about the same time the author did..
      Retired LASD

Comment

• eagleI
        eagleI commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you recognized yourself yet?

Crime and Punishment is my current read. I'm planning to actually finish it this time.

Comment

Thanks for sharing an informative post.

Comment

I just recently finished 'The Tactical Edge: Surviving High Risk Patrol' by Charles Remsberg. It's a bit older, I believed published in the 1980's but a lot of the material is still very relevant and I found myself able to relate to most of it even in today's world. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11039 users online. 463 members and 10576 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X