300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft?

I don't know if this is the right forum, I apologize if it isn't.

Just wonder if any of you play World of Warcraft in your time off?
    I've recently gotten caught up in the game, which I've found isn't just a 'lets play for 20min' as 2 hours go by :-x

Anyone else?

-Haaken

Originally posted by Haaken
    I don't know if this is the right forum, I apologize if it isn't.

Just wonder if any of you play World of Warcraft in your time off?
    I've recently gotten caught up in the game, which I've found isn't just a 'lets play for 20min' as 2 hours go by :-x

Anyone else?

-Haaken
    Oh God Please stay away from that game if you want any life whatsoever!!!

I actually LOST some friends to that stupid game!!! They have lost their Wives or Girlfriends and other Friends!!! I can't stand it!!!

"Hey lets go to a club!"
    "Can't, I have a Run I gotta do."
    "What you doing?"
    "Oh its in WOW! (World of Warcraft)"
    "WTF? Skip it!"
    "No they Need me! I supply the healing!"
    " "
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

heh, i suffer from the counter-strike syndrome.

Comment

I have to agree with Myke, get away while you can. :P
        "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Paying monthly for a game you paid for to begin with is just plain stupid.

So, let's see...Game+Internet Cost+Game Subscription = idiocracy.

Lesson concluded.

Comment

Want a deterrent to playing WoW?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LkCNJRfSZBU

If you couldn't get any geekier. This video is pretty hilarious though. LLLERRROOOYYY JENNNKKINNSSS!!!!!!!!

Comment

i play on the laughing skull server... but i divide my time between xbox and wow primarily.. so i'm not on all the time. i'm not a religious player either.. it passes the time when the family is gone.

Comment

I played that game as a warrior for 2 years... Maintanked pretty much every instance known to mankind, but I've managed to break away recently. Don't make me go back :P

Comment

Oh man, haha. I was playing 70 hours a week at one point. I was a 60 Human Paladin with full T1 armor and half of my T2 suit. I quit when we started to get AQ on farm status. I was so hooked on that. I don't play anymore but when I was, all I could think about was WoW. Talk about a huge time sink. WoW isn't a game that you can just play for a few mins then log off. Well, you can, but you won't have decent gear. I used to spend 5+ hours on raids. We were able to take Onyxia down in 12mins, MC in 4 hours. I can't remember how long we were doing BWL. Anyways, now that my inner nerd has come out, I don't have any regrets about quitting WoW. It was just an absolute social life killer.

Has anyone seen the South Park episode about World of Warcraft? It's absolutely hilarious.
                  Complete write up of the process with the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) - http://forums.officer.com/t187923/

Comment

Originally posted by Mystikal
                    i play on the laughing skull server... but i divide my time between xbox and wow primarily.. so i'm not on all the time. i'm not a religious player either.. it passes the time when the family is gone.

Did you hear about the girl who was selling herself for sex in return for 5000 gold to buy an epic mount? I thought the whole thing was pretty funny.

Either way, I STEER CLEAR of that game. A bunch of my friends play it... and getting them away from it is a PITA.

"Hey guys, lets go eat, I'm starving."
                    "We can't yet, we're in the middle of a raid."
                    "So, just alt+f4 and done."
                    "Can't, the guild needs me."
                    "What for? It's just a game."

An hour passes...

"Ready to eat yet?"
                    "No, we're almost done."
                    "WTF?!?!?!"

If you play WoW... you've downgraded your life to that of a game character. You live it, you breathe it, you sleep it. All they every do is talk about WoW... I'm left out of most conversations. I know enough about that game from listening to them that if I started playing, nobody could call me a n0ob, even as a level 3 character.

My roommate tried the trial version... every time he played I would beat him over the head relentlessly (relax, I used a paper towel tube :P). My dorm room is WoW free and will remain as such until my time here is done. Now, my roommate has resorted to turning off our friends' internet when it's time to eat. They don't like it... but food time does not equal WoW time.

Sorry for the long post... I sincerely hate the game with a fiery passion.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Voirdire
                      Has anyone seen the South Park episode about World of Warcraft? It's absolutely hilarious.
                      And yes, that episode was hilarious.

"MAA!!! BATHROOM!!!!"
                      sigpic

Comment

its not bad if you can use moderation. im a 42 tauren druid.. but its taken me almost a year to get there. i have friends that hit 42 in about a week.. maybe less. i thought that was rediculous. as i said.. i play when the family is gone.. and its moslty because my "guildies" are people I used to work with.. and used to play BF2 with regularly when I was actually employed there.

Comment

Originally posted by GUAMS
                          If you play WoW... you've downgraded your life to that of a game character. You live it, you breathe it, you sleep it. All they every do is talk about WoW... I'm left out of most conversations.
                          Well said!! It's like a DRUG! It doesn't effect just kids! You actually have hardworking professionals who are getting hooked and can't escape this game! You can be a nobody in real life but in the game you are looked up too and admired! Eventually your whole REAL life is devoted to your Character!! Once your in, you seriously can't escape!!!

I can no longer associate with anyone who plays WOW! They speak another language, they have a different mind set, They are no longer normal in my opinion!

I had a couple of Marine buddies finish their tours and come back devoting themselves to WOW! I had A coworker who would skip out on work to play the game! I seriously lost a few friendships! Heck, I tried to pursuay EVERYONE from that game but it never worked!
                          "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

A good deal of my buddies who left play the game, they bugged me into playing it, its a nice way for us to stay in touch, you know from 10pm to 3am, when the only thing better to do is have a healthy nights sleep. I just don't have the time to play though.
                            The right man in the wrong place, can make all the difference.

Comment

I had the same problem with a game called Eve. I am not a gamer, don't own a gaming system except for maybe the computer. I think I have 1 actual video game that I own/play, and I probably play it once every month, if that.

I was bored one day and found this game called Eve. It's a massive online multiplayer game and it was fun i guess, but it cost 15 a month to play, and after the first 20 or so days I realized I was ignoring my wife and being too lazy to do other stuff. Now granted, the computer itself is addicting, but why do I need one other thing to get in the way of reality? :P
                              "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3693 users online. 172 members and 3521 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X