300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MykesCrazy View Post
    Well said!! It's like a DRUG! It doesn't effect just kids! You actually have hardworking professionals who are getting hooked and can't escape this game!
    ...which is why it's also referred to as "WarCrack."

Very, VERY glad to hear you are staying away...wise choice.

Comment

this game is an addiction... i have a friend who does NOTHING but play that stupid game. if the loss of anykind of social life doesnt bother you, then how bout the health factor?? he spends every waking moment that he's not at work at his computer playing... surviving off of delivered pizza hut and beer, he went from 5'10 190lbs to 5'10 400lbs... no joke this jame is a bane on our society!!
      In God we trust... All others check NCIC...

Shop smart... Shop "S" mart!

Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

Comment

break his game or something if you are that worried. uninstall it and throw away the cd. if i had a sibling that started playing, it wouldnt last for long. its sad reading these things that are happening to people over a game, yet it's funny cause it's their choice, so be it.

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
          break his game or something if you are that worried. uninstall it and throw away the cd. if i had a sibling that started playing, it wouldnt last for long. its sad reading these things that are happening to people over a game, yet it's funny cause it's their choice, so be it.
          Heh... breaking CD's is always fun. WoW is (I think) 9 CD's now, including the expansion pack. 4 copies x 9CD's... I sure could have A LOT of fun if my buddies would hand them over.

I wish I had the power my roommate had. He can turn off someone's internet... and since he's the "boss" at ResNet he can make up some reason to warrant them needing it to be turned off.

One memorable occasion was when he threw Kyle into quarantine (a seperate network for those with infected computers or those who haven't run a virus scan in some time). Kyle came into our room while I was browsing o.com and started yelling at Trevor (my roommate) about being in quarantine. Well... Kyle got really p***ed off, slammed our door, slammed his own door and turns out slammed the drawer of his desk incredibly hard, rendering it un-openable. Trevor and I nearly died of laughter and Kyle had to make a work-order to have his desk fixed. 3 of us guys couldn't pull that drawer out.

That same night, Kyle tried running a scan to get himself out of quarantine. It was probably around 11:45pm when he started it. The Q Network requires the scan to run during the course of one day and they generally take over an hour to run. So.. only part of his scan ran that same night and he didn't get out of quarantine.

All over WoW. That's what he wanted to do. Result: one broken desk and no WoW.
          sigpic

Comment

Breaking the CDs does nothing at all... you can play WoW without the CDs...

The best was when Oprah had a WoW addict on, and his wife was all worried about him. This was in my heydey of playing, the wife said something along the lines of "oh my GOD Oprah, he plays like, an HOUR every DAY" and the audience was appalled.

My immediate response was "you can't even instance in that little amount of time", but I digress.

They ended the show by putting his WoW CDs through a paper shredder. Everyone commented on how he didn't seem phased by it, and said that "he must have wanted to stop playing deep down, to let them shred his CDs like that"

Wife was probably confused when he was playing that evening :P

Comment

Originally posted by MesaHopeful View Post
              Breaking the CDs does nothing at all... you can play WoW without the CDs...
              None of'em put passwords on their computer so I could always uninstall the game, then break the CDs. Not that I would, but a man can dream.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MT Guy View Post
                Exactly. I fully support this. It's funny, since I play Guild Wars (similar idea to WoW) and can easily pull myself away from this after an hour or so. My friend in the Air Force in Minot is just like all the addicts I hear. Every time I pull up Xfire, he's sitting in Laughing Skull doing god knows what. He was bad at that for GW, but since he got WoW, it's like 10 times worse. Kept trying to get me to join, but I'm not paying a sub fee to play a game I already paid for once.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5667 users online. 366 members and 5301 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X