Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suffered some vandalism to my car. EGGS!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suffered some vandalism to my car. EGGS!

Someone threw about 8-10 eggs(estimate) all over the side of my car the other night, and its not coming off. Today I did everything to get them off, car washes/other cleaners. Any suggestions on how to get rid of them, anything u've used? I realize dried eggs on a car can peel the paint, and thats what I want to avoid. What I hate about this is, you dont know if someones out get you personally, or if it was random. Anyone have this happen to them? I need some encouraging news here haha because I dont want to spend money on a new paint job, because if i do, with my luck, someone will just egg it again. UURHHH i need a beer.

If it's already setting you have a problem. Best bet is to take it to a professional car wash and see if they have something to dissolve the proteins in the egg whites. I found out the hard way, unless you can hose it off IMMEDIATELY you're screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Kpdpipes
      If it's already setting you have a problem. Best bet is to take it to a professional car wash and see if they have something to dissolve the proteins in the egg whites. I found out the hard way, unless you can hose it off IMMEDIATELY you're screwed

Ya I think im screwed, It did set in. I took it to a car wash, and it removed it like 50%. What did you end up doing to your car? Does it sit there forever and ever or does it leave marks or come off with the paint?

Comment

Have you tried liquid laundry soap? It is designed to eat protein. It'll also eat the wax off your car too. I have used laundry soap to soft strip my paint prior to a good wax job.

After that I would suggest you get a pro to take rubbing compound to it then a good cleaner wax. Just a suggestion. It makes sense in my book, but I have never tried it so I am not responsible if it kills your paint.

Comment

Had that same problem in my neighborhood a while back. I am guessing it was personal because my brother's car was the only car that was attacked. Just get it washed as soon as you can. The guys at the wash will know how to clean it. Good luck.
          "I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six."
          - A Cop's Maxim

Comment

Prank or not...the damage can be very costly. Found this link hope it helps.

http://www.ehow.com/how_155871_wash-egg-car.html
            This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Dont know if this will work,but I have to park under a pine tree and am constantly getting pine sap all over it.About e/2 weeks or so I have to de-sap both my unit and my truck and use nail polish remover,it takes the sap off (little elbow grease needed here),just after you do re-wax.
              Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Hey MaineSqueeze...i dont have a solution for the eggs...but just a slight hi-jack.

I LOVE Portland, Maine. I want to live there - or nearby. One of the most beautiful cities i've ever been to. I'm jealous of you

Comment

Ya Portland is awesome, I love living here. Ive been here my whole life, and hopefully will never move.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4680 users online. 316 members and 4364 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X