300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pet food recall--dry food also

ok our one dog just got sick eating Nutro Ultimate DRY food.. He is ok I think but the Vet here said any NUTro brand dry or canned throw it out in the garbage now.

great the list is so large now I do not even know what to feed the pets?... right now we have Eagle Pack Holistic and I really hope that does not go on the list tomorrow.

DO NOT THROW IT OUT. UC Davis will test it for melamine. If you throw it out, YOU THROW AWAY YOUR EVIDENCE. Tell your vet to check VIN for the latest information. Also, some vegan and 'holistic' diets have also been recalled. The FDA recently announced that they have found melamine in rice products imported from China-sooooo, this could potentially expand again.

anyway, VIN has all the latest info for the practicing veterinarian. Good luck.
    "Duty, then, is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less" R.E. Lee

Comment

Oh no, I better check my supplies. My greyhound eats Nutro chicken and rice meal dry, the bag I"m using I purchased Dec 2006 and I haven't noticed anything different with him. But I have a new bag I purchased 3 weeks ago. I'm not touching that anymore. I'm thinking of buying that Nesco food dehydrator to make my own dry food.

Thanks for the heads up!
      Last edited by JBean; 04-22-2007, 03:38 PM. Reason: Nesco had better product reviews than Ronco

Comment

Trader Joe's took their food off the shelves for three weeks and sent samples to be tested. It's back on the shelf now, so I feel pretty confident about feeding it to my cat.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

FDA website should have a complete list of recalled products....and don't throw out the product...find out where to turn it in for refund/replacement or testing.
          Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

well knock on wood our dog casey seems to be better now. HE is a great lab/shepard mix and the vet seems to think he will be fine bloodwork sent off to test and He is on eagle pack holistic now which the vets office told us is what they are using also rather than the nutro. I just hope they fix this pet food mess what a disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by mark7777
              well knock on wood our dog casey seems to be better now.
              That's wonderful, mark!!

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5762 users online. 344 members and 5418 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X