• Show
Clear All

• Boycotting those Sponsors that dropped Imus

I spent the time this morning to contact:
    GM
    Proctor & Gamble
    Bigelow Tea
    Staples

And let them know that I will no longer use their products because of them dropping Imus. On the CBS News site there is a poll that shows 63% felt Imus should not have been fired.

It isn't much but the personal boycott is all I can do to yell back.
    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Good idea Sgt. But hey, if the other 37% want to scream racism, there's nothing the majority can do. At least that's the way it seems. Imus has insulted all sorts of people, but no one has b****ed about it as much as Al Sharpton.

Comment

the only ones that think he should be fired are the biggest raciest on the scene....

jackson and sharpton. Most people are shocked at this type of out cry.

even Imas said he would do the 2 week suspention...

but now he is walking with a lot of money and alot of favor...I see another show on satelite radio and taking his 15 mill to them instead of the kids at CBS bowing to the two biggest POS around. Both are named above.
      ‘Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go.’
      Oscar Wilde

Comment

I Don't See What The Big Deal Is Anyway. O.k., So He ****ed Some People Off. The Only People That Should Be Mad Are The Specific One's He Was Talking About. Everyone On The Planet Is Racist/predjuduce(spelling?) To An Extent. I Think He Should Just Do An On Air Apology And Be On Some Kind Of Employment Probation. Evry Body Is Quick To Jump On The Lets Kill The Racist Band Wagon, Let People Fight Their Own Battles.

Comment

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18096327/

why is it ok for tese rappers to use the N word, and call their women "hos" and a joke from Iman gets him fired.

double standard.
          Oscar Wilde

Comment

It's A Word. It Can't Hurt You. Obviously, No One Ever Told The Rev., "cry Me A River, Build Me A Bridge, And Get The F*$k Over It!" I Think It's Been A While Since A White Person Got In National News For Racism, And The Panthers Wanted To Attack.

Jack And Coke Is The Way To Go. I'll Be Meeting Up With Them Later.

Comment

Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN
              It's A Word. It Can't Hurt You. Obviously, No One Ever Told The Rev., "cry Me A River, Build Me A Bridge, And Get The F*$k Over It!" I Think It's Been A While Since A White Person Got In National News For Racism, And The Panthers Wanted To Attack.

+1 very true

Originally posted by SVT-LINCOLN
              Jack And Coke Is The Way To Go. I'll Be Meeting Up With Them Later.
              +2 and have one on me.
              Oscar Wilde

Comment

I Like The Way You Think.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                  I spent the time this morning to contact:
                  GM
                  Proctor & Gamble
                  Bigelow Tea
                  Staples

And let them know that I will no longer use their products because of them dropping Imus. On the CBS News site there is a poll that shows 63% felt Imus should not have been fired.

It isn't much but the personal boycott is all I can do to yell back.

Why waste your time?

Imus was a loser retard, now he's an unemployed loser retard. One less idiot on the radio and TV. You like him, wait 15 minutes and one of the sat radios will pick him up. while waiting just listen to Stern or Bob and Tom. They all say the same crap and sell the same stuff.

All that is left is for Jackson and the other fat guy with bad hair to explode from over eating and the world will be right again. unfortunately another loser will pop up to take their place.

I cant believe imus made it 30 years. Hes to ugly for TV.
                  It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

Originally posted by Irishluck31
                    Why waste your time?

Imus was a loser retard, now he's an unemployed loser retard. One less idiot on the radio and TV. You like him, wait 15 minutes and one of the sat radios will pick him up. while waiting just listen to Stern or Bob and Tom. They all say the same crap and sell the same stuff.

All that is left is for Jackson and the other fat guy with bad hair to explode from over eating and the world will be right again. unfortunately another loser will pop up to take their place.

I cant believe imus made it 30 years. Hes to ugly for TV.
                    I value your opinion beyond measure.
                    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                      I value your opinion beyond measure.

I value your sarcasim as well.
                      It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

The sponsors are a bunch of frightened weenies.

Comment

Would Imus stop using certain products or boycott certain companies if you got fired? NO.
                          "Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!"-Wyatt Earp

"You never know when crazy will show up!"-Irishdep

Comment

Sponsors are Sponsors. They are the ones paying the Bills. Now if they feel that they would rather not have someone that has stirred so much controversy, then so be it. It is a great Business Strategy. Like the saying goes, It isn't Personal, It's Business.

Same thing with Mr. Kobe Bryant and his miscomings. It did not matter whether he had "raped" the girl or not! If she even admitted that she was lying to the court and the public, These companies could not be associated with someone that was even finger pointed. Kobe also lost most of his sponsors!

Is it wrong? Probably, but again, these are major corporations where money talks! It's sort of a lose, lose situation. You can't get great ratings unless your a little bit controversial. But when you get a little overboard, The sponsors will let you go like yesterdays garbage!!!
                            "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

-Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

Comment

UUUUMMmmmmmm! Don't radios and TVs still come with a device that allows you to change stations or turn them off?
                              One Shot, One Kill. Anything else is just pu(ff)y!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6876 users online. 347 members and 6529 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X