X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOLA2005
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

I understand open carry is legal in Alabama without a permit. So Mr. Happy should be good to go Bill or no Bill, right?..........

Exposure of a friendly weapon can have devastating consequences in California. A first-time conviction is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in county jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
    Exposure and use of a friendly weapon can cause much more than that if NOT shooting blanks, like 18 years of child support.

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
    BTDT2 commented
    Today, 09:39 PM
    “In California I have permit for a concealed weapon, if I relocate to Alabama will I be issued a permit for a friendly weapon?”

Well Sani, if you buy it dinner and a few drinks, it just might end up being a reeeaaal friendly weapon....permit and all.
    I understand open carry is legal in Alabama without a permit. So Mr. Happy should be good to go Bill or no Bill, right?..........

Exposure of a friendly weapon can have devastating consequences in California. A first-time conviction is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in county jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

Leave a comment:

• NOLA2005
    commented on 's reply
    Pogue truer words have never been spoken.

• NOLA2005
    replied
    BTDT2 commented
    Today, 09:39 PM
    “In California I have permit for a concealed weapon, if I relocate to Alabama will I be issued a permit for a friendly weapon?”

Well Sani, if you buy it dinner and a few drinks, it just might end up being a reeeaaal friendly weapon....permit and all.

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    commented on 's reply
    In California I have permit for a concealed weapon, if I relocate to Alabama will I be issued a permit for a friendly weapon?

• Pogue Mahone
    commented on 's reply
    That's true, Nola.

But note that vasectomies have been known to fail.

So it sounds like another firearms rule is applicable...."always treat it like it's loaded."

• NOLA2005
    commented on 's reply
    LMAO!!! Yes Sani, Snap caps and vasectomy equals “shooting blanks”.
    Last edited by NOLA2005; 02-23-2020, 01:28 AM.

• CaptainKangaroo5691
    commented on 's reply
    I'm not LE, and probably never will be. Unless they allow people with severe colourblindness to join, it's a no-go. Currently working in the security industry, which is about as close at it gets. Just preparing for the s***show that Friday night usually is.

I'll send you an email later on. Take it easy

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
    WTF ........Proposed bill would require men in Alabama to get vasectomy

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.

HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.

The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”

The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.

In preparation for retiree HR218 (CCW) qualifications and low on ammo, I went to a gun shop in California.

I was advised a background check (at my expense) and department of justice authorization was required to purchase ammo. I was also informed if I haven’t purchased a firearm during the past 5 years I would not be in DOJ’s firearm system and unable to purchase ammo.

Not wanting to make a straw purchase, I bought snap caps to practice dry firing….one may say shooting blanks….

Someone please correct me if I wrong. If I relocate to Alabama and the mandatory vasectomy Bill requiring all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday at their expense passes, I will be able to buy ammo however I would still be shooting blanks?
    Last edited by BTDT2; 02-20-2020, 05:45 PM. Reason: Y Not

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    commented on 's reply
    Did you give him the nickname "poopy head"?

" What's that? Where can you get one of these ponchos?"

• BTDT2
    replied

I never encountered a pack of wolves on the job (referring to post #914).
    However I have encountered overhead birds on numerous occasions.

I recall training a newly promoted detective sporting a $300 suit having a "WTF” moment shortly after questioning my wearing a clear disposable rain poncho during a DB investigation at a lake park.

Last edited by BTDT2; 02-19-2020, 03:18 PM. Reason: Y Not?

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    commented on 's reply
    Reading between the lines, it’s apparent you are no longer a Segway salesman. How about updating your profile? Incidentally your email address is bouncing back invalid.
    Last edited by BTDT2; 02-19-2020, 11:36 AM. Reason: Y Not

• BTDT2
    replied

At 50 seconds, you can almost hear the officer yell "WTF".
    Last edited by BTDT2; 02-18-2020, 03:42 PM. Reason: Y Not?

Leave a comment:

• CaptainKangaroo5691
    replied
    Guy today was OD'ing on smack on the footpath; ambos were working on him and his 'friends' were murmuring about supposed possessions of theirs that he had on his person. Another fella calls out, "let the dog die, he knocked me out last week". Meanwhile before-mentioned friends start getting agitated as the ambos were about to transport him (narcan didn't work). One of them makes eye contact with me and walks over. "Scuse me, sir, da ya think ya could ask them if I could get tha stuff outta his jacket? Would be doin' me a big help."

From what I heard after they wanted a small packet of tobacco out of his pocket

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the cartoon I posted was funny, but I didn't know if everyone would agree....

You may know the reason for the proposed bill. Rep. Hollis doesn't expect it to pass.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11962 users online. 330 members and 11632 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X