Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
    WTF ........Proposed bill would require men in Alabama to get vasectomy

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.

HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday. The proposal also states the procedure will be done at the man’s own expense.

The bill simply states that “under existing law, there are no restrictions on the reproductive rights of men.”

The bill is currently in committee at this time. If it is passed, the bill would go into effect the third month since its approval.

In preparation for retiree HR218 (CCW) qualifications and low on ammo, I went to a gun shop in California.

I was advised a background check (at my expense) and department of justice authorization was required to purchase ammo. I was also informed if I haven’t purchased a firearm during the past 5 years I would not be in DOJ’s firearm system and unable to purchase ammo.

Not wanting to make a straw purchase, I bought snap caps to practice dry firing….one may say shooting blanks….

Someone please correct me if I wrong. If I relocate to Alabama and the mandatory vasectomy Bill requiring all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday at their expense passes, I will be able to buy ammo however I would still be shooting blanks?
    Last edited by BTDT2; 02-20-2020, 04:45 PM. Reason: Y Not

Comment

• NOLA2005
      NOLA2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      LMAO!!! Yes Sani, Snap caps and vasectomy equals “shooting blanks”.
      Last edited by NOLA2005; 02-23-2020, 12:28 AM.

• Pogue Mahone
      Pogue Mahone commented
      Editing a comment
      That's true, Nola.

But note that vasectomies have been known to fail.

So it sounds like another firearms rule is applicable...."always treat it like it's loaded."

• BTDT2
      BTDT2 commented
      Editing a comment
      In California I have permit for a concealed weapon, if I relocate to Alabama will I be issued a permit for a friendly weapon?

• NOLA2005
      NOLA2005 commented
      Editing a comment
      Pogue truer words have never been spoken.

• BTDT2 commented
    Today, 09:39 PM
    “In California I have permit for a concealed weapon, if I relocate to Alabama will I be issued a permit for a friendly weapon?”

Well Sani, if you buy it dinner and a few drinks, it just might end up being a reeeaaal friendly weapon....permit and all.
    "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
      BTDT2 commented
      Today, 09:39 PM
      “In California I have permit for a concealed weapon, if I relocate to Alabama will I be issued a permit for a friendly weapon?”

Well Sani, if you buy it dinner and a few drinks, it just might end up being a reeeaaal friendly weapon....permit and all.
      I understand open carry is legal in Alabama without a permit. So Mr. Happy should be good to go Bill or no Bill, right?..........

Exposure of a friendly weapon can have devastating consequences in California. A first-time conviction is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in county jail and a fine of up to $1,000.

Comment

I understand open carry is legal in Alabama without a permit. So Mr. Happy should be good to go Bill or no Bill, right?..........

Exposure of a friendly weapon can have devastating consequences in California. A first-time conviction is a misdemeanor, punishable by up to six months in county jail and a fine of up to $1,000.
        Exposure and use of a friendly weapon can cause much more than that if NOT shooting blanks, like 18 years of child support.
        "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• He can get a belt. We can't afford to lose our second amendment. I may be off but between the lines the author maybe anti 2A

Comment

• NOLA2005
            NOLA2005 commented
            Editing a comment
            Pants up, belt tight, holster snug, guns all right. Got it?

• I am fairly certain that is unconstitutional. The sidebar during the drafting of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution gave Americans the natural right to procreate choose a wife excetera excetera excetera

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgtwilkins503 View Post
            He can get a belt. We can't afford to lose our second amendment. I may be off but between the lines the author maybe anti 2A

Talking to a few retired Bay Area (Ca.) LEO’s this afternoon, it seems a Bay Area Mayor is trying to pass an ordinance requiring firearm owners to take out insurance policies or alternatively pay a fee to help cover the public cost of emergency services. I suggested that the thousand(s) of retired LEO’s living in that city relocate to Alabama, better to lose your ***** in Alabama then to lose your 2nd amendment rights in California.

Comment

• PR723, what impact if any will mandatory vasectomies have on T-towels commerce?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgtwilkins503 View Post
                He can get a belt. We can't afford to lose our second amendment. I may be off but between the lines the author maybe anti 2A
                Who can get a belt and what author? Your post #906??????
                Last edited by BTDT2; 02-25-2020, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Nola is this what a 50 yr old male in Alabama has to look forward to?

Comment

• BTDT2
                    BTDT2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nola can you explain what the two arrows indicate?

PR723, what impact if any will mandatory vasectomies have on T-towels commerce?
                  My T- towels with the built in ice packs are selling like hot cakes.

If this bill passes, I could make a fortune and retire.
                  " In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post

My T- towels with the built in ice packs are selling like hot cakes.

If this bill passes, I could make a fortune and retire.

Until the bill passes, there's money to be made in face mask sales....

Comment

• PR723
                      PR723 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The wings are essential to ensure a tight seal.

• NOLA2005
                      NOLA2005 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This made me almost pee myself....
                      Last edited by NOLA2005; 02-29-2020, 07:27 PM.

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post

The wings are essential to ensure a tight seal..

New and improved wingless mask.

Comment

• NOLA2005
                      NOLA2005 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thank God no skid marks.

• BTDT2
                      BTDT2 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Skid marks? Check "Ask a Cop", sub section "Traffic Enforcement Questions".

• Yes PR, wings are essential to ensure a tight seal..

Comment

• Last edited by BTDT2; 02-28-2020, 10:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7673 users online. 437 members and 7236 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X