Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Dear Chief

No one was more surprised than I when......................
    No kidding.

A few years ago, a young rookie was rushing to cover me on something where I already had cover with me, and I had already advised over the air that the scene was under control. He hydroplaned and lost it at about 100 mph, in the dark, in the rain, in a clearly posted 20 mph zone. The resulting yard-sale involved straight-out killed one of our least-damaged patrol cars, cutting a utility pole in half, killing a tree, and punting a fire hydrant about 100 yards down from the POI. I've seen plane crashes that weren't as much of a mess as this scene was.

I always tell the rookies, in order to arrive first, you must first arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
      After clearing the call I went back to find the owners, livid. Some of the storefront sitters were in awe that I didn't wreck or kill the dog and one was super impressed by the event. I couldn't find the dog or the owners but I'll find them eventually.

Tickets will be issued.

Justice will be served.
      You should let that one die a natural death. Nothing good is going to come from that course of action.

And slow down...

Comment

• Saluki89
        Saluki89 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah I know. But damn did it have me wound up. And yes I will slow down - had another scare after the dog incident and before I was 10-23. The AWD can be deceiving, especially in graded curves when it's raining.

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post
      I'm afraid I have to mention the female juvenile in Lufkin, Texas who removed a container of Blue Bell ice cream from the the freezer at a Walmart store, lifted the lid and licked the ice cream. She then placed the lid back on the container and returned the container to the freezer.

I've watched a few movies over the past couple of months that were set in the 80's.It reminded me so much of my childhood where you spent your days out on your bike with your friends and how neat it was to own a walkie talkie. At the time, I didn't have a clue how lucky I was to grow up in the 70's and 80's when so much amazing music was being recorded.
      pshh...brown streak incoming. pshhh as I pedal to my friends house. Not an 80s child but I had a walkie talkie. Well I still do.

Comment

• I like this perspective!

Comment

• The driver is a relative of the victim.......
          " In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

• This makes me go "WTF?":

https://forum.officer.com/forum/publ...all-else-fails

Comment

• Anyone have a good recipe for grasshopper fricassee? WTF!!??

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
                Anyone have a good recipe for grasshopper fricassee? WTF!!??
                Those members with Paraphilia should find this topic interesting.

Seriously female grasshopper taste like pineapple.

You’re probably thinking how will you sex a grasshopper?

Easy, hold the grasshopper in the middle of its body between your fingers. Pick up the grasshopper gently so you have a firm grip. ...
                Squeeze softly on the grasshopper's abdomen. ...
                Identify a male grasshopper by a rounded abdomen. ...
                Note that a female grasshopper has a tapered abdomen.
                Place in your mouth and chew it slowly, if it tastes like pineapple, it’s a female, if it tastes like chicken, a male.

Comment

• NOLA2005
                  NOLA2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I thought when you said squeeze the males abdomen, something else was gonna pop out.

• I thought when you said squeeze the males abdomen, something else was gonna pop out.
                :

Like what??????

Comment

• NOLA2005
                  NOLA2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Like something that will keep all the female grasshoppers happy.

Anyone have a good recipe for grasshopper fricassee? WTF!!??

Sorry, I'm not a fricassee kinda guy. I prefer my grasshoppers crunchy:

Grasshopper Tacos

Ingredients
                1 onion
                1 tomato
                Olive oil, to taste
                Chopped fresh cilantro, to taste
                1 chile de árbol, choppep
                9 oz grasshoppers
                Corn tortillas
                Lemon, to taste

Directions
                1. Peal and chop the onion and dice the tomatoes.
                2. Brown the onions in a pan with oil and add the tomatoes and cilantro. Incorporate the chopped pepper and the grasshoppers.
                3. Serve with corn tortillas, onion, cilantro and lemon.

Comment

• NOLA2005
                  NOLA2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yummy! I have all the ingredients, just need to go outside a scoop up a bowl of grasshoppers.

• No grasshopper invasion in New Jersey...but I do have a cave cricket infestation in my home's crawlspace. These things are HUGE and have meaty legs the size of drumsticks. My son commented that we could probably survive for a few months by eating cave crickets. I told him, "Good! Next time you have a dozen of your friends over, how about you guys go hunting for food in the crawlspace instead of raiding my refrigerator?"

I think I'll try some cricket kabobs on the grill this weekend.

Comment

• NOLA2005
                  NOLA2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I wish I would had them when my son had friends over, would have saved me big bucks.

• not.in.MY.town
                  not.in.MY.town commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NOLA2005 It would save me a fortune too. But I can see the headlines already: "Police lieutenant in New Jersey arrested after forcing teens to eat insects".

• I’ll take grasshoppers and crickets over roaches any day.

Comment

• NOLA2005
                  NOLA2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  La cucaracha, la cucaracha.....except with guns.

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
                I think I'll try some cricket kabobs on the grill this weekend.
                Related image

Really??????

Comment

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Related image

Really??????

Fine. I'll spare the ones with top hats and umbrellas.

Comment

• What about this one? Of course someone would have to remove the gun. Don’t want bullets going off in that there barbecue.

Last edited by NOLA2005; 08-03-2019, 12:10 AM. Reason: Damn grasshoppers....
                    "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5264 users online. 224 members and 5040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X