300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PR723
    An honorable mention needs to be given to the Texas woman who ate half a Walmart cake while walking around in the store and then insisted on only paying for the uneaten portion at the checkout counter.
    Reminds me of a woman I trespassed from a grocery store. As soon as she walked in she immediately filled up a huge container with items from the "mediterranean bar"...olives, cheeses, meats, etc. Then did her shopping while munching from the container. At checkout she only paid for a few olives that were left. Of course the real crime is that she didn't drink red wine with it (preferably from a Pringles can).

Comment

• I'm afraid I have to mention the female juvenile in Lufkin, Texas who removed a container of Blue Bell ice cream from the the freezer at a Walmart store, lifted the lid and licked the ice cream. She then placed the lid back on the container and returned the container to the freezer.

I've watched a few movies over the past couple of months that were set in the 80's.It reminded me so much of my childhood where you spent your days out on your bike with your friends and how neat it was to own a walkie talkie. At the time, I didn't have a clue how lucky I was to grow up in the 70's and 80's when so much amazing music was being recorded.
      Last edited by PR723; 07-07-2019, 10:05 PM.
      " In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post
        I'm afraid I have to mention the female juvenile in Lufkin, Texas who removed a container of Blue Bell ice cream from the the freezer at a Walmart store, lifted the lid and licked the ice cream. She then placed the lid back on the container and returned the container to the freezer.

I've watched a few movies over the past couple of months that were set in the 80's.It reminded me so much of my childhood where you spent your days out on your bike with your friends and how neat it was to own a walkie talkie. At the time, I didn't have a clue how lucky I was to grow up in the 70's and 80's when so much amazing music was being recorded.

Here ya go......a 70's vintage walkie talkie and bike.....- Not sure about the middle photo

Comment

• I had one of these for my bike. It was so cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
            I had one of these for my bike. It was so cool!

I had one similar to ^^^^^^ mounted on my vehicle at work. .

Comment

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

I had one similar to ^^^^^^ mounted on my vehicle at work. .
              Lol. It sounded better than some of the sirens that are out on the market today, that sounds either like a piercing screech, or like a bee inside an aluminum can.

Comment

Here ya go......a 70's vintage walkie talkie and bike.....- Not sure about the middle photo
                BTDT2,
                The bike is cool, however, when it comes to the walkie, where is the love?

Lucille Ball

Comment

• One of the things that makes me go "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" is how tweakers approach nighttime vision while driving their hoopties around in the middle of the night.

The plastic headlight lenses on their cars are often sun-hazed to the point that no light actually makes it to the road's surface- when they turn their headlights on, mostly what it does is illuminate the surface of their headlight lenses, much like wrapping a sheet of printer paper around the head of your flashlight.

Then they make it even harder for them to see out of their own car, by illegally tinting the entire windshield. Sometimes they try to be tricky with 80% tint, as if it was our first day on the job.

And finally, they install cheap (and illegal) Chinese HID "conversion" kits into the OEM reflector beam headlight housings of their vehicles, headlight housings that even if they still had clear lenses, were originally designed for incandescent bulbs.

This leaves the perfect storm of night time vision- the tweakers can't see anything at night because their windshield is tinted, their headlight lenses are hazed, and their illegal HID "conversions" are completely unfocused, and yet they're blinding everyone else on the road.

And then they wonder how we spotted them...

Comment

BTDT2,
                    The bike is cool, however, when it comes to the walkie, where is the love?

Where’s the love? The love is in the vintage multi colored Alabama
                    Kung Fu practice Ninja Throwing Stars shown in above photo.

Last edited by BTDT2; 07-09-2019, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Where’s the love? The love is in the vintage multi colored Alabama
                      Kung Fu practice Ninja Throwing Stars shown in above photo.
                      These don't resemble Kwai Chang Caines throwing stars , but then again, we are talking about Alabama.

Many rednecks will use a full can of Pabst Blue Ribbon or a Budweiser bottle. We're simple people.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• My kids keep being the source of many of my WTF moments lately. This one goes well with Aidokea 's post above...

My daughter just bought a used car. I had asked her if she wanted me to go with her to look at vehicles, but she said "Nah, I got it. I'm bringing a friend who's a mechanic so he can check things out." I figured fine, she's an adult, it's her money she earned.

Fast forward a couple of days and she tells me "Dad, I bought a car. Come check it out!!" So I go outside......and am shocked to see a VERY familiar car in the driveway. It is unmistakable because it has unique decorative decals along both sides, along with a small dent on the front end. Turns out my darling daughter bought a car from a well-known local drug dealer. Well, technically she bought it from a used car dealership...but it was previously owned by a drug-dealing dirtbag. I told her those decals have got to go...unless she wants to attract LOTS of attention from law enforcement and drug addicts.

I'll have one of our K9 units make sure there's no leftover product in there.

Comment

• Aidokea
                          Aidokea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          And cops are not the only ones that recognize drug dealer's cars. It could pose a significant challenge to her safety, if the previous owner has a falling-out with other criminal(s).

• not.in.MY.town
                          not.in.MY.town commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Aidokea Oh absolutely. I've had that discussion with her. She agreed to have the decals removed, and I had them fix the dent at the same time. Fortunately the interior was pretty mainstream. She just added some seat covers to "personalize" it. Looks like a typical college kid's car now.

On a side note, the dirtbag actually took pretty good care of the vehicle. No burn marks from dropped cigarettes, no bodily fluid stains or funky smells...

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
                        My kids keep being the source of many of my WTF moments lately. This one goes well with Aidokea 's post above...

My daughter just bought a used car. I had asked her if she wanted me to go with her to look at vehicles, but she said "Nah, I got it. I'm bringing a friend who's a mechanic so he can check things out." I figured fine, she's an adult, it's her money she earned.

Fast forward a couple of days and she tells me "Dad, I bought a car. Come check it out!!" So I go outside......and am shocked to see a VERY familiar car in the driveway. It is unmistakable because it has unique decorative decals along both sides, along with a small dent on the front end. Turns out my darling daughter bought a car from a well-known local drug dealer. Well, technically she bought it from a used car dealership...but it was previously owned by a drug-dealing dirtbag. I told her those decals have got to go...unless she wants to attract LOTS of attention from law enforcement and drug addicts.

I'll have one of our K9 units make sure there's no leftover product in there.
                        Can her car do this?
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8U4qbX2A0o

Lucille Ball

Comment

Nope...but I'm afraid that when my son is old enough to drive I'll find one of those things in my driveway.

But hey, I'm just glad my daughter only brought home a drug dealer's CAR. Thank God she didn't introduce me to her "new boyfriend".

Comment

• Responding to a 2 car 10-50 with airbags and injuries today during a rain storm. Flying through a small town (the kind with a few store fronts where the locals sit and watch traffic) and out jumps a dog in the middle of the road, causing me to swerve severely to avoid hitting it, lose control and skid off the side of the road, narrowly missing a parked car and a garage. I managed to regain control and continue to the call. Traction control and ABS saved the day. A massive WHAT THE FUUUUUUU was let out. I think I learned a lesson about speed today.

After clearing the call I went back to find the owners, livid. Some of the storefront sitters were in awe that I didn't wreck or kill the dog and one was super impressed by the event. I couldn't find the dog or the owners but I'll find them eventually.

Tickets will be issued.

Justice will be served.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
                              Responding to a 2 car 10-50 with airbags and injuries today during a rain storm. Flying through a small town (the kind with a few store fronts where the locals sit and watch traffic) and out jumps a dog in the middle of the road, causing me to swerve severely to avoid hitting it, lose control and skid off the side of the road, narrowly missing a parked car and a garage. I managed to regain control and continue to the call. Traction control and ABS saved the day. A massive WHAT THE FUUUUUUU was let out. I think I learned a lesson about speed today.

After clearing the call I went back to find the owners, livid. Some of the storefront sitters were in awe that I didn't wreck or kill the dog and one was super impressed by the event. I couldn't find the dog or the owners but I'll find them eventually.

Tickets will be issued.

Justice will be served.
                              Dear Chief

No one was more surprised than I when......................
                              Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9492 users online. 432 members and 9060 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X