Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kids and I had a WTF moment at a local diner this morning. We've been eating here for years, but this was the first time since it changed management.

When my omelette came out I was a bit surprised that the entire plate was covered with sad-looking shredded lettuce, but I figured "whatever". Then my son's blueberry pancakes and my daughter's strawberry-banana French toast came out...and both were served on a bed of shredded lettuce. All three of us were like "WTF?!" Who wants wilted greenery with their syrup and whipped cream?? When the waitress checked on us I asked her what was up with the lettuce. She rolled her eyes and explained that the new owner insists that every plate be garnished, and this is what the kitchen staff came up with. She suggested that when we order next time to let them know we don't want any lettuce. Yeah, I guess I didn't realize I needed to specify that we didn't want lettuce with our pancakes.

I wish I could post some pics...but my own "no cell phones during family meals" rule worked against me.

Comment

• In my area lot lizards generate more calls for service than mountain lions.
      A mountain lion may frighten you or attack your pets.
      However a mountain lion will not trick roll or give you a STD.

Comment

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
        My kids and I had a WTF moment at a local diner this morning. We've been eating here for years, but this was the first time since it changed management.

When my omelette came out I was a bit surprised that the entire plate was covered with sad-looking shredded lettuce, but I figured "whatever". Then my son's blueberry pancakes and my daughter's strawberry-banana French toast came out...and both were served on a bed of shredded lettuce. All three of us were like "WTF?!" Who wants wilted greenery with their syrup and whipped cream?? When the waitress checked on us I asked her what was up with the lettuce. She rolled her eyes and explained that the new owner insists that every plate be garnished, and this is what the kitchen staff came up with. She suggested that when we order next time to let them know we don't want any lettuce. Yeah, I guess I didn't realize I needed to specify that we didn't want lettuce with our pancakes.

I wish I could post some pics...but my own "no cell phones during family meals" rule worked against me.
        A southern take on garnish for pancakes....

" In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
          not.in.MY.town commented
          Editing a comment
          That looks DELICIOUS!!

• Aidokea
          Aidokea commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that!

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

In my area lot lizards generate more calls for service than mountain lions.
        A mountain lion may frighten you or attack your pets.
        However a mountain lion will not trick roll or give you a STD.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• WTF.....Saluki, Townie, PR, Tune, Aerohead, Pogue anyone please explain...
          Last edited by BTDT2; 06-03-2019, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• Saluki89
            Saluki89 commented
            Editing a comment
            I just saw this why do you have photos of my family reunion?

WTF.....Saluki, Townie, PR, Tune, Aerohead, Pogue anyone please explain...

It's the cover pic for the NRA (Nude Rifle Association) calendar. The inside features portraits of each of these studs posing provocatively with their guns. I've heard rumors that you're Mr. December.

PS: Coincidentally, some of these folks are also members of the nude tricycling club.

Comment

• While MY.town was thinking of a clever response, I was busy inspecting the faces to make sure I'm not related to any of these men. Whew!

I am quite certain that alcohol played a role in their decision to take a group photo unclothed. I hope the men sitting in the photo inspected their area before allowing the bare skin of those sensitive parts to make contact with the ground. One does not want a rash from poison ivy rearing its ugly head.

Conversation between photo participant and spouse:
            Wife: Did you enjoy your day with the guys?
            Sober photo participant: Yeah. We decided to take a group photo.
            Wife: That's nice. We should frame it and hang it in the living room.

Ya know, one of the guys in the photo bears a strong resemblance to IOWA.
            Last edited by PR723; 06-03-2019, 08:10 PM.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Warning - contains profanity and violence.

Saggy-pants thugs attacks elderly gentleman, gets brutal instant justice

https://video.thebl.com/saggy-pants-...ce0c997ef.html

(click on above link)
              No doubt a WTF moment in the thugs life....
              Last edited by BTDT2; 06-06-2019, 05:42 PM.

Comment

• double tap -
                Last edited by BTDT2; 06-06-2019, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• So here's another poop-related WTF moment. -- Yeah, I know, they're everyone's favorite.

While sitting at a traffic light this morning I observed a guy walking his dog. The dog took a crap next to the sidewalk. So the man bends over, plastic bag in hand...and then picks up the turd with his bare hand and drops it inside the plastic bag. Ummm...WTF???!!!

I CAN'T WAIT to tell my daughter the next time we have a meal together.

Comment

• MY.town,

So sorry to hear about your old gunshot wound. I will send you some T-towels to help with the "referred" pain

Lucille Ball

Comment

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/c...b-switched-off

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post
                        MY.town,

So sorry to hear about your old gunshot wound. I will send you some T-towels to help with the "referred" pain

At least this time he won't complain about sending the wrong size......

Comment

• yes it's time.....

Comment

• "Alabama man allegedly fed 'attack squirrel' meth to keep it aggressive"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/alabama-m...eth-aggressive

PR, no pit bulls in Alabama?

Comment

• PR723
                              PR723 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              This man's address is probably Sand Mountain. That's it...just Sand Mountain. No street numbers. Nothing. He has a couch on his front porch and an old rusty vending machine in his front yard. He has 5 vehicles in his yard and none of them run. The Sheriff's Dept know him as the guy who painted a crossing on a county road near his home for his dog and named it Ocie's crossing.

And to answer your question....squirrels are better at sneak attacks. So, if you manage to successfully navigate through his booby traps, the squirrel will get you before you get to the porch.

An honorable mention needs to be given to the Texas woman who ate half a Walmart cake while walking around in the store and then insisted on only paying for the uneaten portion at the checkout counter.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7116 users online. 381 members and 6735 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X