Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Snake slithers out of toilet, bites Florida man

On the lengthy list of things you do not want to find in your toilet, this may rank at the top.
    Florida police said a 52-year-old Coral Springs man had gone to the bathroom early Sunday morning and, when he lifted the toilet seat, a four-foot snake “rose up and bit him,” the Sun Sentinel reported.
    The newspaper reported the bite was on the man's arm.

Chris Swinson, a police spokesman, said the town’s humane unit responded to the scene and removed the snake – later identified as a ball python. After being taken to a veterinarian office, the snake was treated for a scale infection.
    “It’s everybody’s worst nightmare,” Swinson told Coral Springs Talk. “But it’s in an apartment plumbing system, so there are many possibilities.”

The nonvenomous snake did not belong to the man who was bitten, and it’s unclear how it got into the toilet, Swinson told the Sun Sentinel.
    He said it could have belonged to a previous resident or found its way into the apartment building’s plumbing...somehow.

The man bitten was treated at his apartment.
    Ball pythons are one of the most popular non-native snakes in the pet trade, according to the Florida & Wildlife Conservation Commission. They rarely grow larger than four feet and are generally considered to be timid.
    By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

OP if you're monitoring your thread, does this story qualify as a WTF moment?
    You'd think a ball python would go for a body part other than an arm.

Comment

Snake slithers out of toilet, bites Florida man

On the lengthy list of things you do not want to find in your toilet, this may rank at the top.
      Florida police said a 52-year-old Coral Springs man had gone to the bathroom early Sunday morning and, when he lifted the toilet seat, a four-foot snake “rose up and bit him,” the Sun Sentinel reported.
      The newspaper reported the bite was on the man's arm.

Chris Swinson, a police spokesman, said the town’s humane unit responded to the scene and removed the snake – later identified as a ball python. After being taken to a veterinarian office, the snake was treated for a scale infection.
      “It’s everybody’s worst nightmare,” Swinson told Coral Springs Talk. “But it’s in an apartment plumbing system, so there are many possibilities.”

The nonvenomous snake did not belong to the man who was bitten, and it’s unclear how it got into the toilet, Swinson told the Sun Sentinel.
      He said it could have belonged to a previous resident or found its way into the apartment building’s plumbing...somehow.

The man bitten was treated at his apartment.
      Ball pythons are one of the most popular non-native snakes in the pet trade, according to the Florida & Wildlife Conservation Commission. They rarely grow larger than four feet and are generally considered to be timid.
      By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

OP if you're monitoring your thread, does this story qualify as a WTF moment?
      Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

You'd think a ball python would go for a body part other than an arm.
      This was a Ball snake not an Arm snake. A snake doesn't contract genital scale infections from biting human arms.
      PR comes from snake country, perhaps she will add to my post (or not)

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
        not.in.MY.town commented
        Editing a comment
        PR723 , are snakes with scale infections still good eatin'?

• PR723
        PR723 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a city girl, so I wouldn't know if snakes with( or without) scale infections make" good eatin' "

• Since we're on the topic of toilets...here's a WTF moment my daughter was nice enough to share with me over dinner tonight. Since it's mostly cops and healthcare providers in this thread I figure it's safe to share.

She's currently doing a nursing internship at a center for people with developmental disabilities. When she went to check on one of the residents she saw that the bathroom floor was flooded. Upon checking the toilet she discovered "the largest friggen turd she had ever seen". She went to go get one of the maintenance workers to come deal with the issue. Upon returning she was surprised to find that the turd had magically disappeared. She asked the resident how the toilet suddenly became unclogged. He proudly told her "I took care of it", and then held up his feces-covered hands to demonstrate how he reached into the bowl and broke up the turd. Thanks for sharing, kid! I guess that's payback for some of the war stories I've told her over the years...

Comment

• PR723
        PR723 commented
        Editing a comment
        I walked into a patient's room in time to see a nurse with her arm in the toilet massaging the poop to break it up to avoid clogging....you do what you have to do.

Several years ago, I put a male patient on the toilet. I stepped out and closed the door to give him privacy. In the process of doing #2, he also(as often happens) did #1. Only #1 didn't make it into the bowl. when I opened the door and saw a pool of urine on the floor in front of him, I asked," Did you urinate on the floor?" He looked at the urine and then looked at me and said," No".

• PR723
        PR723 commented
        Editing a comment
        A few years back, I went to evaluate a new patient. What I was not told was that the patient had been given a laxative AND she was not wearing a diaper. I got the patient out of bed and we had taken 3-4 steps when without any change in her facial expression, poop shot out of her buttocks with such force that she sprayed the side of her bed. Upon returning to the clinic, without saying a word, I sat down and began cleaning the bottom of my scrub pants and shoes. My co-workers sat at their desks and quietly watched me.

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
      Since we're on the topic of toilets...here's a WTF moment my daughter was nice enough to share with me over dinner tonight. Since it's mostly cops and healthcare providers in this thread I figure it's safe to share.

She's currently doing a nursing internship at a center for people with developmental disabilities. When she went to check on one of the residents she saw that the bathroom floor was flooded. Upon checking the toilet she discovered "the largest friggen turd she had ever seen". She went to go get one of the maintenance workers to come deal with the issue. Upon returning she was surprised to find that the turd had magically disappeared. She asked the resident how the toilet suddenly became unclogged. He proudly told her "I took care of it", and then held up his feces-covered hands to demonstrate how he reached into the bowl and broke up the turd. Thanks for sharing, kid! I guess that's payback for some of the war stories I've told her over the years...
      If introduced to the "resident", a fist bump may be a better choice than a handshake. Better yet, keep your hands in you pockets.

Comment

• PR723
        PR723 commented
        Editing a comment
        And if you can't avoid the handshake, engage the resident in pleasant chit chat until you can don a pair of gloves. Also, don't hug....never hug.

• not.in.MY.town
        not.in.MY.town commented
        Editing a comment
        PR723 Chit chat or sh*t shat?

• PR723
        PR723 commented
        Editing a comment
        Chit chat sh*t shat
        potato po-TAH-to
        It's all the same

If introduced to the "resident", a fist bump may be a better choice than a handshake. Better yet, keep your hands in you pockets.

Comment

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

not.in.MY.town, the average height in Poland is 172.2 cm (5 ft 8 in) would 17.4 feet work for you?
        Last edited by BTDT2; 05-30-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

not.in.MY.town, the average height in Poland is 172.2 cm (5 ft 8 in) would 17.4 feet work for you?
          Now, encountering a crocodile in POLAND would be a major WTF moment. In Australia, it's just business as usual.

Comment

• BTDT2
            BTDT2 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was hoping no one would notice.

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post
          A few years back, I went to evaluate a new patient. What I was not told was that the patient had been given a laxative AND she was not wearing a diaper. I got the patient out of bed and we had taken 3-4 steps when without any change in her facial expression, poop shot out of her buttocks with such force that she sprayed the side of her bed. Upon returning to the clinic, without saying a word, I sat down and began cleaning the bottom of my scrub pants and shoes. My co-workers sat at their desks and quietly watched me.
          Obviously too scared to laugh,
          however once you left the room ---------

Last edited by BTDT2; 05-30-2019, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Big ol mountain lion/cougar/giant cat crossing the road on my way in this morning. Not sure who was more scared because he jumped and ran back across as I crested the hill and swerved to avoid him.

Should also note my area isn't known for its wild cat populations.

Woke me right up Haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
              Big ol mountain lion/cougar/giant cat crossing the road on my way in this morning. Not sure who was more scared because he jumped and ran back across as I crested the hill and swerved to avoid him.

Woke me right up Haha.
              Could it have been a Savannah Cat?

Last edited by PR723; 05-30-2019, 10:34 PM.
              " In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Also, I found two pics of people holding a Maine Coon cat to give you an idea of their potential size.....

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Well it was about 530 am and very rainy so I doubt either of those would be outside in the country as they both would become snacks for this thing or the coyotes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PR723
                    Several years ago, I put a male patient on the toilet. I stepped out and closed the door to give him privacy. In the process of doing #2, he also(as often happens) did #1. Only #1 didn't make it into the bowl. when I opened the door and saw a pool of urine on the floor in front of him, I asked," Did you urinate on the floor?" He looked at the urine and then looked at me and said," No".
                    The LE version of that is usually: "Not my pants...not my meth in the pockets...not my meth pipe...not shoved up my rectum".

Comment

• We have two types of cougars in the Bay Area. Hunger guides one type of cougar to residential areas seeking small pets left outdoors at night.
                      A different form of hunger guides the second type of cougar to locations patronized by younger men.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
                        Big ol mountain lion/cougar/giant cat crossing the road on my way in this morning. Not sure who was more scared because he jumped and ran back across as I crested the hill and swerved to avoid him.

Woke me right up Haha.

Just point to the one that resembles what you saw:

Lucille Ball

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5729 users online. 298 members and 5431 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X