300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by delzo70 View Post
    Yesterday afternoon I grabbed a meal at a local mom and pop cafe that was almost empty. Some huge body-builder type came in and I noticed he was open carrying, which is legal here, but seldom seen. As he strutted by, I noticed his handgun did not have a magazine in it! I could not sneak a picture with my phone and didn't want to embarrass the guy by calling it to his attention.

Maybe he'd just worked out and the loaded mag made it too heavy to comfortably carry....... or maybe the steroids made him forgetful. Who knows.......
    Two questions:

1) You "could" not sneak a picture...or you were too scared to?

2) You didn't want to embarrass the guy...or you didn't want to get your a.s.s kicked?

Who needs a loaded handgun when you've got huge guns growing out of your torso?

Comment

• BTDT2
      BTDT2 commented
      Editing a comment
      lmao

Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post

When I started xray school 33 years ago I had no clue. I thought all I had to do was take pics of bones. When introduced to Barium Enemas, I was like "WTF?! I'm not doing this crap!". But I'd
    ​already paid for my nonrefundable tuition, books and uniforms.

Yeah, Radiology, where if you have an opening, we stick a tube in it. Heck even if you don't, we'll make one and stick a tube in it. It's been an interesting 33 years....
    In honor of your profession...

Comment

Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Two questions:

1) You "could" not sneak a picture...or you were too scared to?

2) You didn't want to embarrass the guy...or you didn't want to get your a.s.s kicked?

Who needs a loaded handgun when you've got huge guns growing out of your torso?
      LOL, the big guy stood there ordering food to go and he constantly scanned the place. There were only 6 customers in the cafe and he was making sure everyone got a good look at him. A little narcissistic I'd imagine. In my younger days I had some nice arms but I don't ever remember standing in a business flexing them for the onlookers. Seeing him act like that took a lot of control to hold back a laugh.

And since I'm 65 years old now, I don't think mocking the guy would be a smart thing to do. I thought about asking him if I could get a photo of him but sure as heck didn't want him to think I was "that kind" of guy.
      If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

The guy in the grocery store who open carries with his child in the cart.

I like Nola's idea for speed cleaning when in a bind. I keep spare scrubs in my desk now and occasionally a co-worker needs to borrow them. I charge a very reasonable rental fee.
        " If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

In classified of newspaper: " Parachute for sale. Used only once. Small red stain."

Comment

Without those moments, none of us would have ever had jobs. Think back at all the stupid stuff we’ve all responded to and when it’s over, all we can do is say WTF and shake our heads.

Comment

How about when you tell a patient take everything off but your underwear and shoes, use the gown with the opening to the back and they come out buck nekkid saying "what did you say?" Or " I don't need a gown, you've seen it all before". I mean WTF!!??
            "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post
              How about when you tell a patient take everything off but your underwear and shoes, use the gown with the opening to the back and they come out buck nekkid saying "what did you say?" Or " I don't need a gown, you've seen it all before". I mean WTF!!??
              Somehow I'm not too surprised at that sort of thing happening in a doctor's office. I made a disturbance call once when a girl in her late teens got mad because her twin sister was wearing her clothes......without permission. I tried to referee the argument but they worked it out themselves. Yep, right in front of me the offender stripped down naked and threw the clothes at her sister. And they continue to scream at each other until their mother had enough and ordered them to go to their rooms.

Had body-cameras been invented back then, I'd have been in possession of a YouTube sensation!

If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Yes, nekkid people are always fun.

One night I found dope on a guy and got the classic "I swear these are not my pants" excuse. Then later that night I responded to a report of a junkie passed out behind a pet store with no pants on.

Really made me wonder:

(1) Was the guy I arrested earlier wearing this guy's missing pants?,
                (2) What were the naked guy's intentions at a pet store? and
                (3) WTF?!?

Comment

Being nudity and body waste have already been mentioned. Those in LE who are caught off guard when arresting a member of an ethnic group known to use nudity and body waste as a distraction should agree this qualifies as a WTF moment.

Comment

• NOLA2005
                    NOLA2005 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Ok, who DOES that, ewww.

• not.in.MY.town
                    not.in.MY.town commented
                    Editing a comment
                    NOLA2005 Must be a Bay area thing. Nude tricycling while throwing feces.

• BTDT2
                    BTDT2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nola, "Coming soon to a theatre near you" check your email...
                    Last edited by BTDT2; 06-04-2018, 12:48 PM.

It's never a good thing when as you're walking out of a pt's room, he/she says,"Hand me a glove before you go."

One morning I walked into a pt's one and found him sitting on the bedside commode using the bathroom while eating his breakfast at the same time. He looked up and smiled and waved at me. I just backed out of the room and closed the door. I didn't want any part of that.
                  Last edited by PR723; 06-04-2018, 06:42 PM. Reason: So many stories and so little time
                  " If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

In classified of newspaper: " Parachute for sale. Used only once. Small red stain."

Comment

The open carry fool in Walmart who saw me in my detective clothes and asked what I carried, then told me what he carried. I asked "doesn't it seem more tactically sound for a civilian to carry concealed?" to which he got all huffy-puffy.

Yup- it's a attention -whore kinda thing for some of these jack-legs.
                    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
                    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by swat_op506 View Post
                      The open carry fool in Walmart who saw me in my detective clothes and asked what I carried, then told me what he carried. I asked "doesn't it seem more tactically sound for a civilian to carry concealed?" to which he got all huffy-puffy.

Yup- it's a attention -whore kinda thing for some of these jack-legs.
                      I was ferrying squad cars around the other day. Normally when I do that I slap the badge on next to the weapon and go (not in uniform so to speak). Well

I was in a hurry and didn't take the time to pull the badge off my uniform so I just put the glock on and went.

Got done and went to Walmart................IOWA is an open carry state............nobody looked at me funny but they all know me as I am in there nearly every day both in and out of uniform......................BUT I FELT FUNNY CARRYING A GUN OPENLY.............
                      Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by PR723 View Post
                        The guy in the grocery store who open carries with his child in the cart.

Dad better not say "no" to candy in the checkout lane...

Comment

Jello Chocolate Pudding, anyone?

I'm gone for a couple of weeks and this place goes to guano!

Nola, are you saying that I shouldn't have taken all my clothes off at the podiatrist's office?
                          This Space For Rent

Comment

• not.in.MY.town
                            not.in.MY.town commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Don't go away again then...

Can't let this thread die...so here's a WTF call that came in:

Early morning, still dark out. Caller reports that he was driving and "a mailbox suddenly jumped out into the street and hit his car." - WTF?

Dispatch clarifies: "Did you say a mailBOX...or a mailMAN jumped out and hit your car?" - WTF?

The real WTF moment was when we figured out what happened: This elderly blind gentleman has a line strung from his front door to the mailbox by the side of the road so he can safely find his way there and back. Some a-hole kids thought it would be "funny" to lengthen the line and move the mailbox across the street. Oh yeah, trying to lure a blind man into traffic is hilarious. When the driver hit the line it caused the mailbox to be pulled into the road, making it seem like it was "jumping out at him". Thank God nobody was hurt...but WTF?!? If my kids pulled a cruel "prank" like this it would be a toss-up between sending them to military school and beating them to death.
                          Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7016 users online. 272 members and 6744 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X