• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Snake slithers out of toilet, bites Florida man

On the lengthy list of things you do not want to find in your toilet, this may rank at the top.
    Florida police said a 52-year-old Coral Springs man had gone to the bathroom early Sunday morning and, when he lifted the toilet seat, a four-foot snake “rose up and bit him,” the Sun Sentinel reported.
    The newspaper reported the bite was on the man's arm.

Chris Swinson, a police spokesman, said the town’s humane unit responded to the scene and removed the snake – later identified as a ball python. After being taken to a veterinarian office, the snake was treated for a scale infection.
    “It’s everybody’s worst nightmare,” Swinson told Coral Springs Talk. “But it’s in an apartment plumbing system, so there are many possibilities.”

The nonvenomous snake did not belong to the man who was bitten, and it’s unclear how it got into the toilet, Swinson told the Sun Sentinel.
    He said it could have belonged to a previous resident or found its way into the apartment building’s plumbing...somehow.

The man bitten was treated at his apartment.
    Ball pythons are one of the most popular non-native snakes in the pet trade, according to the Florida & Wildlife Conservation Commission. They rarely grow larger than four feet and are generally considered to be timid.
    By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

OP if you're monitoring your thread, does this story qualify as a WTF moment?
    You'd think a ball python would go for a body part other than an arm.

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied

Snake slithers out of toilet, bites Florida man

On the lengthy list of things you do not want to find in your toilet, this may rank at the top.
    Florida police said a 52-year-old Coral Springs man had gone to the bathroom early Sunday morning and, when he lifted the toilet seat, a four-foot snake “rose up and bit him,” the Sun Sentinel reported.
    The newspaper reported the bite was on the man's arm.

Chris Swinson, a police spokesman, said the town’s humane unit responded to the scene and removed the snake – later identified as a ball python. After being taken to a veterinarian office, the snake was treated for a scale infection.
    “It’s everybody’s worst nightmare,” Swinson told Coral Springs Talk. “But it’s in an apartment plumbing system, so there are many possibilities.”

The nonvenomous snake did not belong to the man who was bitten, and it’s unclear how it got into the toilet, Swinson told the Sun Sentinel.
    He said it could have belonged to a previous resident or found its way into the apartment building’s plumbing...somehow.

The man bitten was treated at his apartment.
    Ball pythons are one of the most popular non-native snakes in the pet trade, according to the Florida & Wildlife Conservation Commission. They rarely grow larger than four feet and are generally considered to be timid.
    By Lucia I. Suarez Sang | Fox News

OP if you're monitoring your thread, does this story qualify as a WTF moment?

Leave a comment:

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Eat here again, Tune?

provocative signage

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    commented on 's reply
    Awe. He's still a baby in that one.

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    We tried sending our K9s on solo patrol. That pilot program was as short-lived as this guy is short-legged. Too much spilled coffee.

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by PR723 View Post

BTDT2,
    Looks like your Dachshund may have some trouble catching the bad guy. Would you like some help from my dragon?

Maybe.......

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    replied
    BTDT2,
    Looks like your Dachshund may have some trouble catching the bad guy. Would you like some help from my dragon?

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Last edited by BTDT2; 05-20-2019, 11:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    commented on 's reply
    I believed that dog belonged to Rodney Dangerfield....No respect.
    Last edited by PR723; 05-15-2019, 07:16 PM.

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Last edited by not.in.MY.town; 05-13-2019, 10:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by TUNEDNIMPORTED View Post

I blame it on all this fabulous cart food I have been eating as of late.

Eat here again, Tune?

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    replied
    Never walk in front of your dog naked. He/she might mistake some of your body parts for a toy....

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied

Any additional safe dog handling tips?

Leave a comment:

• TUNEDNIMPORTED
    replied

PR can you recommend a gastroenterologist for Tune….

note: Quote paraphrased
    I blame it on all this fabulous cart food I have been eating as of late.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    commented on 's reply
    Sounds legit!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11080 users online. 441 members and 10639 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X