300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Quote) NOLA
    Soooo if you did as not.in.MY.town suggests, would that make you your own night light?

A hands free flashlight....which would allow me to carry my bottle of wine in one hand and my full glass in the other hand to bed without a single light on.
    Last edited by PR723; 06-23-2018, 09:03 AM. Reason: Din't highlight the right quote and too sleepy or too stupid to correct it.
    " In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
      Related image
      Entertaining and enjoyable thread…
      NOLA, This was a brilliant idea!

Lucille Ball

Comment

• NOLA, your comment about throat punching or stomping a co-worker made me think of this scene because sometimes this is exactly how I would love to react when a nurse( male or female) asks me the same question about a pt's therapy schedule EVERYDAY...........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsRR-fU7ATM.

BTW, this is a WTF moment( keeping in line with the topic) because WTF is wrong with these college educated people that prevents them from learning how to read a therapy schedule?!?!

I want to add that I work with some nurses for whom I have a great deal of respect and I love having them as a teammate. I've known some for over 25 years and some for less than 3 years and while every discipline has its own specific educational process, not everyone who graduates from that program has the same work ethic.

In healthcare, as I imagine in LE, it's rare if you aren't physically and mentally worn out by the end of the shift. That goes with the territory. In both professions, you're encountering people who may just be having a bad moment in a stressful situation that is only temporary. Then you encounter people who are dealing with a life altering event that makes your heart hurt for them. It doesn't matter where that pt lands on that scale, they all deserve your best effort.

We'll now return to the scheduled program in progress.........

Last edited by PR723; 06-23-2018, 11:25 AM.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by PR723
          A hands free flashlight....which would allow me to carry my bottle of wine in one hand and my full glass in the other hand to bed without a single light on.
          Last edited by PR723; Today, 10:03 AM. Reason: Din't highlight the right quote and too sleepy or too stupid to correct it.

Based on your quote above, my money is on too drunk.

As far as the nightlight/flashlight idea goes...I see two potential issues:

(1) You'd have to be walking backwards while looking over your shoulder to see anything.

(2) Someone sharing your bed might tell you: "Would you mind turning the other way? Your butt light is shining in my face."

Comment

• PR723
            PR723 commented
            Editing a comment
            My cat would just reposition himself.

• not.in.MY.town
            not.in.MY.town commented
            Editing a comment
            PR723 Or relentlessly chase the light beam. I recommend wearing scratch-proof clothing.

• MY.town, I can't decide if I like the comment about the butt light or the recommendation regarding scratch -proof clothing better.

I was just being silly about the wine.... And the glowing dragon balls. Anything for a cheap laugh.

You have to admit that dragon balls have to be the best excuse you've ever heard for an incomplete assignment.
          Last edited by PR723; 06-23-2018, 03:05 PM.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• BTDT2, these posts have provided some amazing material for some visuals and since you are the master.... Take your pick.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post
              I was just being silly about the wine.... Anything for a cheap laugh.
              Haven't you learned ANYTHING hanging out on a cop forum? Anything you say can...and sure as heck WILL be used against you.

Comment

BTDT2, these posts have provided some amazing material for some visuals and since you are the master.... Take your pick.
                I'm thinking some type of butt light (not to be confused with a Bud Light) that PR723 can use as her avatar.

Comment

• PR723
                  PR723 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I am avatar-less

You have to admit that dragon balls have to be the best excuse you've ever heard for an incomplete assignment.
                I admit that it's an original excuse...but it doesn't fly. I don't see why you couldn't have been pondering your dragon ball conundrum WHILE folding testicle towels.

Comment

BTDT2, these posts have provided some amazing material for some visuals and since you are the master.... Take your pick.
                  Not "home-made"...but this should keep you entertained until BTDT2 comes up with an original creation:

Comment

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

I admit that it's an original excuse...but it doesn't fly. I don't see why you couldn't have been pondering your dragon ball conundrum WHILE folding testicle towels.
                    I was wondering when you were going to tell me that I'm not off the hook.

Lucille Ball

Comment

I was wondering when you were going to tell me that I'm not off the hook.
                      I hope you ordered a big jar of vaseline to go with your dragon balls....

Comment

• PR723
                        PR723 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Done and done.

• Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                      Holy Mother of God, have I been missing out! Having little to no access to internet really sucks! Sp much comedy gold & more opportunities misse1d
                      Do we need to start a GoFundMe campaign to get you internet service?

Comment

• NOLA2005
                        NOLA2005 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'll be glad to contribute.

• I once had a patient that was a dead ringer for Santa Claus...if Santa had gastric bypass surgery.

I had him change into a gown and lay on my X-ray table. I turn around for a moment and turn back to see the gown pulled up so Santa’s “twig and berries” are fully exposed. I flick the gown back down, make the exposure, go back to the table and once again see what I don’t want to see, good grief!

Flick that gown down again, make the exposure, and yes, there they are again. Now I’m done with the exam and I get Santa off the table while resisting the urge to say “You must have been VERY cold”.

I mean WTF!? Reminded me of that episode on Star Trek “trouble with tribbles” except they were snow white.
                      "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post
                        As a young rookie I caught a truck driver having sex with a Ewe, not sure if was a WTF or a BaaTF moment.

My lieutenant explained in some regions sheep sex considered a rite of passage.

Hey not.in.MY.town you’re an LT, will you enlighten members re- Ovis aries and rites of passage?

And what region would that be? Is that one of those Bay Area things like nude tricycling, baton twirling?

Ya there Sani?
                        ​​
                        "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• PR723
                          PR723 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Do we need to send out a search party for BTDT2?

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9235 users online. 437 members and 8798 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X