X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aidokea
    replied
    Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
    After clearing the call I went back to find the owners, livid. Some of the storefront sitters were in awe that I didn't wreck or kill the dog and one was super impressed by the event. I couldn't find the dog or the owners but I'll find them eventually.

Tickets will be issued.

Justice will be served.
    You should let that one die a natural death. Nothing good is going to come from that course of action.

And slow down...

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post

Dear Chief

No one was more surprised than I when......................
    No kidding.

A few years ago, a young rookie was rushing to cover me on something where I already had cover with me, and I had already advised over the air that the scene was under control. He hydroplaned and lost it at about 100 mph, in the dark, in the rain, in a clearly posted 20 mph zone. The resulting yard-sale involved straight-out killed one of our least-damaged patrol cars, cutting a utility pole in half, killing a tree, and punting a fire hydrant about 100 yards down from the POI. I've seen plane crashes that weren't as much of a mess as this scene was.

I always tell the rookies, in order to arrive first, you must first arrive.

Leave a comment:

• Iowa #1603
    replied
    Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
    Responding to a 2 car 10-50 with airbags and injuries today during a rain storm. Flying through a small town (the kind with a few store fronts where the locals sit and watch traffic) and out jumps a dog in the middle of the road, causing me to swerve severely to avoid hitting it, lose control and skid off the side of the road, narrowly missing a parked car and a garage. I managed to regain control and continue to the call. Traction control and ABS saved the day. A massive WHAT THE FUUUUUUU was let out. I think I learned a lesson about speed today.

After clearing the call I went back to find the owners, livid. Some of the storefront sitters were in awe that I didn't wreck or kill the dog and one was super impressed by the event. I couldn't find the dog or the owners but I'll find them eventually.

Tickets will be issued.

Justice will be served.
    Dear Chief

No one was more surprised than I when......................

Leave a comment:

• Saluki89
    replied
    Responding to a 2 car 10-50 with airbags and injuries today during a rain storm. Flying through a small town (the kind with a few store fronts where the locals sit and watch traffic) and out jumps a dog in the middle of the road, causing me to swerve severely to avoid hitting it, lose control and skid off the side of the road, narrowly missing a parked car and a garage. I managed to regain control and continue to the call. Traction control and ABS saved the day. A massive WHAT THE FUUUUUUU was let out. I think I learned a lesson about speed today.

Tickets will be issued.

Justice will be served.

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    Originally posted by PR723 View Post
    Nope...but I'm afraid that when my son is old enough to drive I'll find one of those things in my driveway.

But hey, I'm just glad my daughter only brought home a drug dealer's CAR. Thank God she didn't introduce me to her "new boyfriend".

Leave a comment:

• not.in.MY.town
    commented on 's reply
    Aidokea Oh absolutely. I've had that discussion with her. She agreed to have the decals removed, and I had them fix the dent at the same time. Fortunately the interior was pretty mainstream. She just added some seat covers to "personalize" it. Looks like a typical college kid's car now.

On a side note, the dirtbag actually took pretty good care of the vehicle. No burn marks from dropped cigarettes, no bodily fluid stains or funky smells...

• PR723
    replied
    Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post
    My kids keep being the source of many of my WTF moments lately. This one goes well with Aidokea 's post above...

My daughter just bought a used car. I had asked her if she wanted me to go with her to look at vehicles, but she said "Nah, I got it. I'm bringing a friend who's a mechanic so he can check things out." I figured fine, she's an adult, it's her money she earned.

Fast forward a couple of days and she tells me "Dad, I bought a car. Come check it out!!" So I go outside......and am shocked to see a VERY familiar car in the driveway. It is unmistakable because it has unique decorative decals along both sides, along with a small dent on the front end. Turns out my darling daughter bought a car from a well-known local drug dealer. Well, technically she bought it from a used car dealership...but it was previously owned by a drug-dealing dirtbag. I told her those decals have got to go...unless she wants to attract LOTS of attention from law enforcement and drug addicts.

I'll have one of our K9 units make sure there's no leftover product in there.
    Can her car do this?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8U4qbX2A0o

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    And cops are not the only ones that recognize drug dealer's cars. It could pose a significant challenge to her safety, if the previous owner has a falling-out with other criminal(s).

• not.in.MY.town
    replied
    My kids keep being the source of many of my WTF moments lately. This one goes well with Aidokea 's post above...

My daughter just bought a used car. I had asked her if she wanted me to go with her to look at vehicles, but she said "Nah, I got it. I'm bringing a friend who's a mechanic so he can check things out." I figured fine, she's an adult, it's her money she earned.

Fast forward a couple of days and she tells me "Dad, I bought a car. Come check it out!!" So I go outside......and am shocked to see a VERY familiar car in the driveway. It is unmistakable because it has unique decorative decals along both sides, along with a small dent on the front end. Turns out my darling daughter bought a car from a well-known local drug dealer. Well, technically she bought it from a used car dealership...but it was previously owned by a drug-dealing dirtbag. I told her those decals have got to go...unless she wants to attract LOTS of attention from law enforcement and drug addicts.

I'll have one of our K9 units make sure there's no leftover product in there.

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    replied
    Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Where’s the love? The love is in the vintage multi colored Alabama
    Kung Fu practice Ninja Throwing Stars shown in above photo.
    These don't resemble Kwai Chang Caines throwing stars , but then again, we are talking about Alabama.

Many rednecks will use a full can of Pabst Blue Ribbon or a Budweiser bottle. We're simple people.

Leave a comment:

• BTDT2
    replied
    Originally posted by PR723 View Post

BTDT2,
    The bike is cool, however, when it comes to the walkie, where is the love?

Where’s the love? The love is in the vintage multi colored Alabama
    Kung Fu practice Ninja Throwing Stars shown in above photo.

Last edited by BTDT2; 07-10-2019, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    replied
    One of the things that makes me go "Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" is how tweakers approach nighttime vision while driving their hoopties around in the middle of the night.

The plastic headlight lenses on their cars are often sun-hazed to the point that no light actually makes it to the road's surface- when they turn their headlights on, mostly what it does is illuminate the surface of their headlight lenses, much like wrapping a sheet of printer paper around the head of your flashlight.

Then they make it even harder for them to see out of their own car, by illegally tinting the entire windshield. Sometimes they try to be tricky with 80% tint, as if it was our first day on the job.

And finally, they install cheap (and illegal) Chinese HID "conversion" kits into the OEM reflector beam headlight housings of their vehicles, headlight housings that even if they still had clear lenses, were originally designed for incandescent bulbs.

This leaves the perfect storm of night time vision- the tweakers can't see anything at night because their windshield is tinted, their headlight lenses are hazed, and their illegal HID "conversions" are completely unfocused, and yet they're blinding everyone else on the road.

And then they wonder how we spotted them...

Leave a comment:

• PR723
    replied

Here ya go......a 70's vintage walkie talkie and bike.....- Not sure about the middle photo
    BTDT2,
    The bike is cool, however, when it comes to the walkie, where is the love?

Leave a comment:

• Aidokea
    commented on 's reply
    I like that!

• DeaconSteve
    replied

I had one similar to ^^^^^^ mounted on my vehicle at work. .
    Lol. It sounded better than some of the sirens that are out on the market today, that sounds either like a piercing screech, or like a bee inside an aluminum can.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8492 users online. 436 members and 8056 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X