Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PR723 View Post
    Another WTF moment.......

Several years ago I had a pt who had a joint replaced. One day he tells me he needs to urinate. Then he tells me that his penis has shrunk 6" since his surgery and he will need me to assist him with finding it.Now, this pt was originally from New York and despite the fact that he had lived in the south for several years, he still had a pretty thick northern accent. (As everyone knows, southerners don't have an accent and that's why it can be so difficult for us to understand anybody who does have one.) I paused for a moment and then I asked," So, what you're telling me is that you've had an adverse reaction to your surgery?" " Yes", the pt replies. " Have you told your surgeon?", I asked. " No", he replied. I said, ' This is serious. Let me give you some compensatory strategies and you tell me which one you prefer. I can bring in a mirror and you can visually locate your penis or I can tie one end of a string to one of your fingers and the other end to your penis. Almost as if it was a miracle from heaven, the man could find his penis.
    You should excused yourself and returned wearing gloves and brandishing one of these. He would have ended up with negative inches.

"No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post

You should excused yourself and returned wearing gloves and brandishing one of these. He would have ended up with negative inches.

Image result for ouch

Comment

• Originally posted by BTDT2 View Post

Image result for ouch

And that is how you "nip" that behavior in the bud.
        "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

• NOLA2005
          NOLA2005 commented
          Editing a comment
          Eleven pages!!! Y'all keep up the good work!!!

• not.in.MY.town
          not.in.MY.town commented
          Editing a comment
          Over 2,000 views. That's a lot of people going WTF are those sickos talking about?

• PR723
          PR723 commented
          Editing a comment
          NOLA, Eleven pages of therapy!

MY.town,This thread is like watching a car wreck. You know you shouldn't look, but you can't help yourself.

• NOLA2005
          NOLA2005 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, this thread is waayy out there. I would suggest a strong cup of ginger tea (the non assed kind) before reading...

• Holy Mother of God, have I been missing out! Having little to no access to internet really sucks! Sp much comedy gold & more opportunities misse1d

Originally posted by PR723 View Post

Okay. This isn't an animal story, but it does carry on the turtle theme....

Years ago we had a young, brilliant physician who was the director of our unit. We also had a " veteran" nurse who was quite blunt. She would refer to this physician as" little boy" because of his age.Little boy would occasionally write an order for nursing to place a condom catheter on a pt. One day in team conference, he mentioned to this nurse that he wanted her to place a condom catheter on Mr.______. The nurse quite loudly asked how did he expect her to put a condom catheter on Mr.____ when all he had was a turtle head between his legs.

What was he doing there?
        This Space For Rent

Comment

• BTDT2
          BTDT2 commented
          Editing a comment
          lmao !!!!
          Last edited by BTDT2; 06-22-2018, 05:23 PM.

• PR723
          PR723 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pogue, you blindsided me on that one....and then I nearly fell off my seat laughing.

BTW, love the cool cat.

• not.in.MY.town
          not.in.MY.town commented
          Editing a comment
          Glad you've finally joined the party!!
          I can't look at those pics and keep a straight face.

• NOLA2005
          NOLA2005 commented
          Editing a comment
          Pogue! Get some internet STAT!! You are needed in this thread, ya hear me!!??

• Originally posted by NOLA2005 View Post

This is what I meant by valuable expertise!
        " In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

One last " Little Boy" story for the evening. As I said, he was brilliant, but struggled with basic social skills. Bless his heart, he really tried hard to understand and react appropriately to emotions. He would often tell the pts," I'm wishing you a good day." When he walked away, the pt would turn to me and as," What does he mean by that?"

This is Dr. D's version of a WTF moment.....I was working with an older female pt, when Dr. D walked up. She told him that she had a note for him and she reached inside her bra and pulled out a piece of paper. She held it up for him to take, but he stood there frozen with the look of horror on his face. After a few seconds, I stepped forward and took the warm piece of paper( body heat you know) and held the note up, so Dr. D could lean in and read it. He acknowledged what was written on the note and quickly walked away. The lady just looked at me and laughed.

NOLA, I bet you have a few WTF moments with physicians.

PR723, thanks for sharing the note......

Comment

• MY.town, I 'm sorry I missed my deadline. I was distracted last night because I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy a pair of glowing dragon balls off Amazon.

Lucille Ball

Comment

MY.town, I 'm sorry I missed my deadline. I was distracted last night because I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy a pair of glowing dragon balls off Amazon.
              Did you end up ordering them? Since you missed your deadline...you KNOW where to put them.

You're lucky it's only a pair. You could have bought a set of eight.

Comment

• MY.town, it's Friday night and I'm not on call this weekend, so I thought I could drink a little wine and fold a few testicles....I mean testicular cradles.

Lucille Ball

Comment

• NOLA2005
                  NOLA2005 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Well it's Friday night and I'm drinking a little wine to celebrate making it thru another week with out strangling, throat punching, or just generally stomping one of the idiots I work with.

• PR723
                  PR723 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  NOLA, I could not have said it better!

• Originally posted by not.in.MY.town View Post

Did you end up ordering them? Since you missed your deadline...you KNOW where to put them.

You're lucky it's only a pair. You could have bought a set of eight.
                MY.town, I considered the set of 8, but I thought that might be too much to handle.

Lucille Ball

Comment

MY.town, I considered the set of 8, but I thought that might be too much to handle.
                Related image

adapt improvise overcome

Comment

Related image

adapt improvise overcome
                  I don't think PR723 was worried about not having enough hands. She was worried about not having enough ROOM.

Comment

MY.town, I 'm sorry I missed my deadline. I was distracted last night because I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy a pair of glowing dragon balls off Amazon.

Soooo if you did as not.in.MY.town suggests, would that make you your own night light?

Comment

• Related image
                      Entertaining and enjoyable thread…

Comment

Related image
                        Entertaining and enjoyable thread…
                        And slightly nauseating, but hey that's what unassed ginger tea is for, I mean W.T.F (in keeping with the theme of this thread). Tomorrow I will entertain all with the story of Santa Claus and his twig and berries....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9410 users online. 359 members and 9051 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X