300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoo

What do you guys think about law enforcement tattoo's not visible to the public. i.e. (back/upper forearm), something discreet like a scale of justice or patron saint of law enforcement or maybe "Man of law" written in Latin.

Im kinda torn between whether or not I just get or is it just too cheezy and yes people I will be a rookie but love police work.

just your thought are appreciated and if you got pics hey share them with us.

meant to say upper arm like top of shoulder
    Last edited by jmorill; 04-09-2007, 08:29 PM. Reason: wrong body part
    "If you want forgiveness go get some religion"

As long as it's not visible while you're wearing short sleeves, having tat is pretty much a non issue...go for it
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

One of my LTs is planning on getting the scales of justice being held by the statue from the Metallica cover. I also have a tat on my shoulder of St. Michael. I think most cops are pretty much tat people but I agree, I don't like them being visible on while in uniform.

Comment

I agree with you gentleman, nothing that would be visible when wearing the uniform thank for your thought. I lke the St. Michael TAT

Comment

I have a fairly large St. Michael tat on my left shoulder, and I love it. Surrounding the tat are the names of my wife and children. I feel like it's always with me, even if I forget to put my chain on.

My wife (also a cop) had picked out a nice St. Michael that looked really gothic, kinda like a stained glass window, that she was going to get on her back, until she got pregnant. She says it's on hold now until she gets her shape back

I have no regrets about mine...I'd say go for it.
          Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Here is one of mine:

"Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

I love tatts, just make sure if you get one to do w/your dept make sure you stay w/that dept. A fellow officer of mine worked w/us for two years, got a tatt w/our sheriff star and his badge number, along w/an eagle and American flag in the background. He ended up getting another job w/a suburb dept and is now stuck w/that tatt. His tatt was the first thing I thought of when I heard he was leaving.

Comment

Thanks for the comments and pic. I think ill be getting one soon.

Comment

Forget about any UC work opportunity if you do it. That said, just stay away from LOVE and HATE on your knuckles.
                  The All New
                  BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                  Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                  - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

LCPLPunk: Nice tat you got there.

Comment

Here in ohio, the state patrol denied people with tattoos and you werent allowed to have facial hair, unfortunately they just passed an agreement to allow facial hair. Kind of dissapointed, always looked at the patrol as like the army.
                      sigpic

No, maybe I can't win, maybe the only thing I can do is just take everything he's got. But to beat me, he's gonna have to kill me, and to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me, and to do that, he's gotta be willing to die himself and I don't know if he's ready to do that. I don't know, I don't know.
                      Rocky Balboa
                      Rocky IV (1985)

Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Comment

Originally posted by Lawenforcer72
                        Here in ohio, the state patrol denied people with tattoos and you werent allowed to have facial hair, unfortunately they just passed an agreement to allow facial hair. Kind of dissapointed, always looked at the patrol as like the army.
                        UM, what's that mean? The Army allows facial hair.
                        Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

I've Got Four Tattoos. Right Deltoid, Left Upper Arm, Left Pec, And Right Shoulder. But Pretty Soon, I'll Have A Nice Full Shoulders/back Piece Done. And After That, I'll Be Sleeved Out From My Elbows Up. For Me, Tattoos Represent Something Special, Not Just Cause It's Cool. Each One Has A Story.

Comment

I have only one tat, but it has a ton of meaning behind it.

First off is the placement. It's on my back and on my left or heart side.

Then is the tat itself. I like eeyore and my niece always gives me stuff with eeyore on it. Purses, shirts, jammies and even stuffed eeyores. So when I see it I think of my niece.

My childrens' names are below the eeyore. I hope that I am a good enough parent that my kids will always have my back.

Then lastly is the balloon with the word "wee". "Wee" is the baby I miscarried. My due date was 9-14-01 which would have been my grandmother's (had she lived) 85th birthday.
                            Last edited by katzeyze; 04-16-2007, 12:30 AM. Reason: pic didn't show up...
                            R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

Kieth M.
                            I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

Comment

On my left bicep, there is an eagle with a "USA" banner beneath. On the right bicep, the American flag with a banner across it with "God bless America". I got the eagle 20 years ago, and the flag in 2000.

I still want to get the following:
                              -Left side of chest: My agency's badge.
                              -Right side of chest: Air Support Unit flight wings.
                              -Stomach: Flags of Pennsylvania and California, on cross flagpoles, signifying both of my homes.
                              -Right bicep: The California grizzly bear
                              -One of the shoulders: Wing with "Una stamus".
                              -Mid-back: Bent barbell with "Never quit".

It will take time and money, and God only knows what to get my wife to go along with it. She does not like ink.
                              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2824 users online. 154 members and 2670 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X