300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spent 13-Weeks In Hell...

After spending 13-weeks in hell, I finally made it back! I never thought I'd see myself go though USMC boot camp.

On the 6th of April, I was given my final order from my senior drill instructor: "Platoon ****, dismiss!"

There's no better feeling in the world when your drill instructor hands you the eagle, globe, and anchor and calls you a "Marine" for the very first time. The moment the EGA touched the inside of my left hand, tears started rolling down my eyes like Niagra Falls. The feeling is so good yet so emotional. You won't be able to describe the feeling unless you've experienced it.

The second best and emotional feeling was being awarded my dog tags when I got up to the top of the reaper. I literally clinched my dog tags and started crying. For those of you who went through it, you know what I mean.

I'm just glad it's all over now. I have 10-days of leave right now and I'll be reporting to the school of infantry on the 17th.

So, what has been going on lately? I've been living in a cave for 13-weeks now, somebody please fill me in!

Btw, it's great to be back here at o.com. For you LEOs and military personnel, stay safe out there!

Semper Fi!

-Pvt. Razor60

Golf Co., 2nd Battalion MCRD SD
    May God bless every single public servant out there!

Bravo!

Just the usual drama, and assorted bannings - didn't miss much.

Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

good job Marine....just a word of advice....the whole pain is weakness leaving the body thing...if your shoulder is in pain, and u continue to do shoulder excersises or bench press...its not pain leavn the body...its pain waitn to stay. just words of advice..now of course..running till your eyes bleed is a different story..OORAH
      dubbed code name: Alien #69

Comment

Semper Fi Marine, Carry on.

Comment

Great job Marine, now go have fun out at Pendleton. Just make sure you venture past Oceanside.
          "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Congratulations, Marine!

Comment

Congrats, Marine Razor!
              "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
              Not Yet Visited: 16
              Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Don't take any free drinks from strangers either!

Unless it's me, then you can.
                Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

sigpic

Comment

Bravo Zulo Devil Dawg
                  The Puck STOPS Here

Comment

Oorah fellow devil dog. Congrats bro. I'm here in NC at Camp Lejeune. Maybe I'll see you in the fleet someday. For your sake, hopefully you won't get shafted like me and stationed here. haha

I'm curious. Who were your drill instructors? What company were you in as well?

Comment

Hey Connor, how do you like those darn sand flies???
                      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by Conner
                        Oorah fellow devil dog. Congrats bro. I'm here in NC at Camp Lejeune. Maybe I'll see you in the fleet someday. For your sake, hopefully you won't get shafted like me and stationed here. haha

I'm curious. Who were your drill instructors? What company were you in as well?
                        I was with Golf Company, 2nd Bn. My drill instructors were SSgt. Francouer, Sgt. Salazar, and SSgt. Umana.

Are you a 0311? What's it like in S.O.I.? In S.O.I., do they treat you like an animal in S.O.I.? Just curious, hehe...

Semper Fi!
                        May God bless every single public servant out there!

Comment

Originally posted by Razor60
                          I was with Golf Company, 2nd Bn. My drill instructors were SSgt. Francouer, Sgt. Salazar, and SSgt. Umana.

Are you a 0311? What's it like in S.O.I.? In S.O.I., do they treat you like an animal in S.O.I.? Just curious, hehe...

Semper Fi!
                          Ahhh ok. I was in Mike Co. I don't recognize the names of any of those DIs. Anyways, initially I was an 03 but I had my MOS changed when I went to report in to SOI. They needed to fill a few MOS's so I was given the option. I decided to do it so I'm in Supply now.

As for SOI, just don't plan to be treated like royalty .

You're in the grunts, at times life is going to suck. Make the best of it! How are you feeling about being in the infantry after going through boot camp? I was really glad to be given the option to get out of infantry. I thought I wanted to do it going in, but I realized it just wasn't for me. It all just depends on the person I guess.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5606 users online. 311 members and 5295 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X