300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by echofiveniner View Post
    Home gyms are the best though. I've never regretted the investment it took to build mine.
    How did you build yours, free weights v. machines?
    This Space For Rent

Comment

My biggest frustrations at local gyms are the smelly people. One of my problems is that I have a bad gag reflex, and it gets worse when working out. My friend and I were at the local gym a few weeks ago using the stationary bikes. There was a guy on a bike next to us, probably in his early to mid 20s. I honesty had to look away from him the entire time I was on the bike due to his rancid odor. He honestly smelled like he had just slipped on dog crap and fell into a pile of rotting raw chicken. It was another lesson in not judging a book by its cover. He looked to be in good shape and appeared to be well groomed. The only other guy I know who smelled that bad is about 450 lbs and has trouble washing and wiping. I know some people can't help it, but others...just don't care. If you know you smell when you sweat, it's rude to not try and do something about it. It's easy to not look at people who are dressed provocatively if you try, and if a person is being an arrogant ******, I can just ignore them. If it's a person who flat out refused to wear deodorant and also stinks, it's hard to ignore even if I want to.
      "If the police have to come get you, they're bringing an @$$ kicking with them!"
      -Chris Rock

Comment

• KJB
        KJB commented
        Editing a comment
        My wife and I were at our gym and we intended to do shoulders and back since those machines are all next to each other we didn't have to go very far. We finished the lat pulldown and moved onto the row machine next to it. Cigarette smoking body odor man decides to exercise on the lat machine doing some incredibly funky stuff nowhere near resembling a lat pulldown. After a bout a set and a half we decided to just hit some cardio because the smell was just too bad to continue.

And of course, there's the homeless person who manages to sneak into the gym to shower, (good for him) only to walk out, clean hair, freshly scrubbed, but wearing the same dirty, smelly, bug infested clothes he had on when he came in.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1 View Post
        And of course, there's the homeless person who manages to sneak into the gym to shower, (good for him) only to walk out, clean hair, freshly scrubbed, but wearing the same dirty, smelly, bug infested clothes he had on when he came in.
        We had a transient do the same thing at a local gym...except he walked out wearing someone else's clean clothes that he had taken from the locker room. He walked in looking like a filthy bum...and left looking like a cleancut business man.

It was all captured on camera, but we were unable to track him down. I probably shouldn't be saying this...but it was one of those cases where you're almost glad the perp got away. I'd like to believe he went on a job interview in his new clothes, got a job, and is paying it forward.

Comment

I hate having trainers that decide to run a class when the classroom is already booked so they take up all of the area around the machines.

Comment

I've figured it out!!!! The best time to work out is like 0400 in the morning. Not many people there for one. Everyone that is there are legitimately at the gym to work out. They seem so much more focused and jump from machine to machine like they have a purpose. Its so much better.

Don't have to deal with the retired folks who treat the gym like its a social hour and a hangout spot. The loiterer's who just come to the gym to walk around and ogle. The numerous personal trainers that take up all the equipment. Last but not least, the New Years resolution folks who clog the gym up during the months of January through March.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6956 users online. 223 members and 6733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X