Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, it must suck to live in a part of the country where you can't have a little fun without getting criticized...... but we did have security camera back-up to show what happened in case some tourist witnessed the giggling and laughter and failed to understand everyone was having fun.

I guess when my doctor called me several years ago and asked me to stop his nurse on a traffic stop, because she was bragging that she'd never been pulled over in her whole life, and I did so under that story that the computer showed several outstanding warrants for the operator of her car...... I almost threw my career away. LOL, she really enjoyed it when I finally pointed out the van across the street with the doctor inside shooting the whole thing on a video camera. The last part...... when she jumped out and acted like she was strangling me but it ended up with a hug was especially horrible.
    If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Originally posted by delzo70 View Post
      Wow, it must suck to live in a part of the country where you can't have a little fun without getting criticized...
      Oh, it does. It really sucks. Something like this would get you many days off in my former agency if seen by the wrong people.

It sucked even worse working for an agency that actively sought out things to screw their people with, under the guise of "holding them accountable". If something was found, even so minor a thing as this, the Cowboy would ask you what you had to say for yourself during your disciplinary hearing. If you admitted what happened and took responsibility, he would slam dunk you since you admitted wrongdoing... unless you were one of his chosen people. Then your case was pended, sometimes indefinitely. If you stood up and defended yourself against a bogus charge, he would see it as defiance and insubordination and slam dunk you for not taking responsibility.

Sorry for going off the rails. I'm still working on post retirement de-stressing.

You can trust just about every officer you work with to risk their life to save yours, but don't ever leave your lunch in the breakroom refrigerator.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt5811 View Post

Oh, it does. It really sucks. Something like this would get you many days off in my former agency if seen by the wrong people.

It sucked even worse working for an agency that actively sought out things to screw their people with, under the guise of "holding them accountable". If something was found, even so minor a thing as this, the Cowboy would ask you what you had to say for yourself during your disciplinary hearing. If you admitted what happened and took responsibility, he would slam dunk you since you admitted wrongdoing... unless you were one of his chosen people. Then your case was pended, sometimes indefinitely. If you stood up and defended yourself against a bogus charge, he would see it as defiance and insubordination and slam dunk you for not taking responsibility.

Sorry for going off the rails. I'm still working on post retirement de-stressing.
        and THUS my corncob comment
        Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by delzo70 View Post
          Wow, it must suck to live in a part of the country where you can't have a little fun without getting criticized...... but we did have security camera back-up to show what happened in case some tourist witnessed the giggling and laughter and failed to understand everyone was having fun.

I guess when my doctor called me several years ago and asked me to stop his nurse on a traffic stop, because she was bragging that she'd never been pulled over in her whole life, and I did so under that story that the computer showed several outstanding warrants for the operator of her car...... I almost threw my career away. LOL, she really enjoyed it when I finally pointed out the van across the street with the doctor inside shooting the whole thing on a video camera. The last part...... when she jumped out and acted like she was strangling me but it ended up with a hug was especially horrible.
          It’s nothing to do with “a little fun...” Pulling over that Nurse was stupid. You have ZERO idea what that doctor wanted, was going to do,will do. Nor what that nurse will do.

If cops want want to do these stunts, I’d suggest that they go work at an amusement park or party store.

This isn’t a game. We have enough stupidity causing problems for cops than helping create it.
          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

It's all fun and games...until something goes horribly wrong.

I'd be inclined to let the staged hand-cuffing pic slide...but I'd have a real problem with the prank traffic stop described above. Too many drivers get fr.a.z.z.led and react unpredicatbly when the blue lights come on (and in this particular case it was someone who had never been pulled over). People slam on the brakes in the middle of the roadway, pull over to the left or drive into a ditch on the right...or collide with another vehicle while moving over. And too many officers get hurt while conducting traffic stops. There could have been another person in the vehicle. Maybe the nurse's gangbanger boyfriend with a few outstanding warrants, a firearm, and nothing to lose. Or maybe the nurse just stole some prescription meds from the doctor's office and decides to take off. Or everything goes according to plan...until some distracted driver mows down the officer.

I'd hate to have to tell my officer's widow and children that he was killed doing a silly prank. "Oh, and btw, you're not getting any LODD benefits because he wasn't actually doing his job"...

Comment

I put this into the same category as an officer pulling over a car so that the significant other of driver can propose. Its a great story to tell the kids, but not worth the liability. MAYBE if it was the officer's own girlfriend, AND there was PC to support the stop......basically a pretext stop, but instead of investigating a crime the officer is trying to get wife'd up.
              REINSTATE THE TRIG
              Originally posted by Iowa #1603
              Your logic defies logic
              Originally posted by Rudy8116
              Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
              Originally posted by Michigan
              Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
              Originally posted by TheTick
              This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
              Originally posted by 02paul09
              Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

Don’t do it, Pullet. Don’t sacrifice your career for stupidity.
                Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I also have a real problem with cops pulling over good drivers during the holiday season and giving them some type of gift for being a good driver.....Someday its going to really backfire and the stop is going to turn to poop.
                  Retired LASD

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
                    I also have a real problem with cops pulling over good drivers during the holiday season and giving them some type of gift for being a good driver.....Someday its going to really backfire and the stop is going to turn to poop.
                    I remember many years ago (I was in my 20s), that there was some sort of publicized policy in which traffic stops would be conducted to award drivers a "Safe Driver Certificate". Never got one (or the alternate results of being pulled over), but thought that I would really *hate* having it happen. The whole thing disappeared within months, never to be revived. Seemed like a bad idea then, probably even worse now.

I don't need a certificate--while I was recently in a collision, it was 100% the other driver's fault (I was in a turn lane, slushy road, but the car in front of me was having trouble getting forward motion, so I'm sitting at a total stop while the other driver--whose insurance is of the variety "if you can't get insurance anywhere else, we'll insure you"--made a right on red at about 20mph on said slushy road. Car will be repaired, I am getting physical therapy.)--but in general, my driving is such that I assume that if a police car ends up driving behind me, it's because we happen to be traveling in the same direction on the same road. So far, that assumption has proved accurate.
                    Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. --Mark Twain

Comment

It would be really awkward if one pulls someone over to praise his or her driving just to discover a drug mule trying to stay below radar "Here's you Best Driver certificate, and don't mind us putting those handcuffs on you".

Comment

Okay, let's play a new game on this and call it "what if". I'm sure this bunch can "what if" any scenario to make someone look bad. Since nobody here except myself was actually there and I didn't explain every little detail about the incidents, the imagination can run wild with horrible stuff that could have happened. I won't explain the traffic stop on the doctor's nurse any further because it'd make the criticizers look silly.

Guys, I didn't have a stellar, thirty year career, by doing unsafe stuff. I was not an academy instructor and travel to other departments in the nation's fourth largest city to update officers on new law changes and procedures by being goofy. One thing you CAN count on is the fact I won't be back here to explain any further.
                        Last edited by delzo70; 05-16-2018, 07:24 AM.
                        If your biggest work-related fear is getting a paper cut, don't try and tell a cop how to do his job.

Comment

Murphy's law is strong with this job!!! I realized it after about one year on the job.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6278 users online. 191 members and 6087 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X