300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do with your free time?

So whaddya do? Fish, smoke, drink till ya puke, play with the kids, go out on the boat, read, restore cars, ride atv's/snowmobiles/motorcyles, work out, or absolutly nothing at all?

Me.....

Play with the kids, play with my dogs (my partner deserves some fun too), tease my wife about how bad her cooking is, read, watch the discovery channel, work on my cars, and I love doing home projects (which I never complete before starting a new one). Boring stuff...I know....Im at that stage in my life.
    Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
    Thomas Jefferson

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    Albert Einstein

well, I'm not a cop and currently I am working part time so I have a lot of free time on my hands. Lately I have been on this exercising kick, every day that I don't work or don't work early, I am at the gym usually at about 9 or 10a.m. There are a few reasons I am on this exercising kick: 1.) Just broke up with my bf, 2.) Trying to get in shape because it makes me feel good and 3.) I'm going to be trying out for the Auxiliary police program in 2 years or so and I'm currently a weakling. But anyways, back on topic.....

After the gym I usually hop on my bike and go for a bike ride, either around a few blocks or down to the rotary trail by the river, then I come home, have a shower and all that j***, and then I go shopping, usually for stuff I don't need. That pretty much sums up most of my day, except for when my brother comes over, then I am chasing around my 15 month old nephew.
    Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Hhhmm, what have I been doing off work?

Play with my dog, do ikebana, read, cook or attend cooking classes, catch a movie, swim at the Y (because I suck at it and I want to get better), walk around the neighborhood admiring people's front lawns, occasionally see a good live comedy show at the Improv (Tommy Davidson) or a concert (Justin Timberlake), travel somewhere I haven't been in the US once a year, take it easy at home on Sundays, sometimes I dine with friend/s during the week when restaurants aren't busy or sometimes I host dinner on weekends, and oh, umm, shoe shopping (I have 21 pairs).
      Last edited by JBean; 04-04-2007, 02:42 AM. Reason: last edit: 9:38 PM

Comment

Lets see.....

I balance, I weave, I dodge, and I frolic. On my days off, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in Mexico, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike tuba playing. I can pilot bicycles up steep inclines with tireless speed, and I usually cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco.

When I'm bored I build large suspension bridges in my backyard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Fridays, after work, I repair household appliances free of charge. Once, using only a hoe and a bucket of water, I single-handedly defended a tiny village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants.

On my last vacation, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. My deft floral arrangements have earned me recognition within the international botany community.

That's about it for me....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott941
          I balance, I weave, I dodge, and I frolic. On my days off, to let off steam, I participate in full-contact origami. I breed prizewinning clams. I have won bullfights in Mexico, cliff-diving competitions in Sri Lanka, and spelling bees at the Kremlin.

I woo women with my sensuous and godlike tuba playing. I can pilot bicycles up steep inclines with tireless speed, and I usually cook Thirty-Minute Brownies in twenty minutes. I am an expert in stucco.

When I'm bored I build large suspension bridges in my backyard. I enjoy urban hang gliding. On Fridays, after work, I repair household appliances free of charge. Once, using only a hoe and a bucket of water, I single-handedly defended a tiny village in the Amazon Basin from a horde of ferocious army ants.

On my last vacation, I successfully negotiated with a group of terrorists who had seized a small bakery. My deft floral arrangements have earned me recognition within the international botany community.

That's about it for me....
          Hahahahahaha, ah just picked myself up off the floor, thanks I needed a laugh today.
          Never argue with idiots - they just drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Chaos, Panic and Disorder....my work here is done!

As her tears fell at his feet, she didn't say "I Love You," what she said meant even more: I laugh, I love, I hope, I tried. I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry and I know you do the same things too. So we're really not that different, me and you.

Comment

Xbox, computer gaming, beginning beer brewing here shortly. my time off don't feel like time off on midnight 8's. 4 more weeks and ill be back to a normal living schedule.. then i'll be into bbq'ing, housework, sports with the kids, and swimming.

Comment

When not making software, I'm kicking hynie on Unreal Tournament or Street Fighter. If I am not doing that I'm doing kenpo, exercising or some history research.

Comment

Dapples and I have "yours-mine-and ours houses" I just got the renters out of mine and have decided to hell with this and am getting it ready to sell,so free time???? as soon as I get some I will let you know.
                Sleeping Giant. They're not fat and happy anymore. They are hungry and increasingly angry. That is not a good recipe for a "Puppies and Rainbows America".

Comment

Originally posted by miami-k9
                  tease my wife about how bad her cooking is
                  And you do this during your free time? That's probably wise since you wouldn't want to do that while she's cooking the meal.

When I have some free time I like to quilt, read, go on nature hikes and bike rides. Of course I haven't done much of that lately but I'm looking forward to summer and hopefully calm weather.
                  Chocolate cures all ailments

Memo:

Get over it already.

Comment

I study my belly button lint, come up with asinine scenarios and madening comments and post them on cop forums, post "Gotcha" threads, write books, write my column, write to my blog, host my own forum and try to act like I'm hard at work the whole time.
                    The All New
                    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

I use every spare moment to study patrol tactics and case law to become the best police officer I can be.

No, seriously, I drink and watch TV like everyone else.

Comment

I watch almost no tv.
                        A lot of my free time is spent writing.
                        Outside of that, I chat on Yahoo a little, and spend a lot
                        of time in Second Life...a virtual world game.

I also play guitar and banjo in a folk group...and like outdoor stuff like
                        gardening, fishing, camping, mowing the yard, walking.

Oh yeah, and ocassionally I frequent a forum or two.
                        http://z4.invisionfree.com/crimescen...UserCP&CODE=22

" From the hottest fire, the strongest steel is born. Dance not with the Phoenix, lest she burn you to the quick in an instant, yet none more desireable, both beautiful and terrible." ~~~ thx armoredman

http://www.authorsden.com/plreedwallinger
                        www.rainbooks.com
                        www.reedwriting.com

Comment

Fish, hunt, and tinker with my cars. I'm going to start doing metal work on my 65 mustang pretty quick since it's getting nice out.
                          si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

In my free time I usually take my bike out, (01 GSXR 750) and go down the windy backroads near my house. I also love playing with my dogs, my dad has property with a pond and I take the dogs up there and let them swim and do some target shooting up there too.

I also like reading O.com's posts, and learning all I can about LE. I'm about half way through the book, "The games criminal's play and how you can benefity by knowing them" I believe that's correct name. Its a very interesting book, and has made me think a lot.
                            “Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway” (John Wayne)

Comment

Work my second job, sometimes take classes at the local college, try to spend some time with my wife and daughter.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3034 users online. 184 members and 2850 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X