• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMPPD87
    replied
    Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
    Listen to me:

The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest. Nothing matters.

Except courage.

If your friend with the face muffin and the shaved head had the rocks to put on the uniform, the badge and the gun and go out there and risk his buttocks before you did, then back off. Trust me. Let it go. It doesn't matter.

Once you have mastered your own circle of influence then venture out into others. But not until.

Be safe.
    perfect. myself and half my dept. have gotees and mustaches.

to the original poster: there really are more important things for you to be worried about this early in your career.

Leave a comment:

• djack16
    replied
    The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest. Nothing matters.

Trooper you are MY HERO.

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Originally posted by katzeyze
    Once again Trooper you offer another nugget of wisdom. I am gonna flatter you and make that my new sig.
    Gee, shucks, man. Whatever I can offer is yours. All of us learn things in different walks of life. What a shame to take it all with you, rather than to pass it off to the next wave of heroes.

I am glad you found a nugget in my pile of coal. It's a huge pile.

Carry on...

Leave a comment:

• katzeyze
    replied
    Once again Trooper you offer another nugget of wisdom. I am gonna flatter you and make that my new sig.

Leave a comment:

• SlowDownThere
    replied
    Originally posted by chaser266
    I agree -- bad breath helps an officer maintain a safe reactionary gap when dealing with citizens.
    ...and his partner.

Personally, I don't like facial hair, but I don't see it as all that serious a matter. To me, a person can look proffesional with it, or without it.

His actions and words will determine his degree of proffesionalism far more than the facial hair or lack of it.

JMHO.

Leave a comment:

• chaser266
    replied
    Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
    BUT... in the real world all that matters a great deal..... especially the bad breath.
    I agree -- bad breath helps an officer maintain a safe reactionary gap when dealing with citizens.

Leave a comment:

• Sgt. Geezer
    replied
    Listen to me:

The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest.
    BUT... in the real world all that matters a great deal..... especially the bad breath.

Leave a comment:

• BikeCop501
    replied
    Listen to me:

Except courage.

If your friend with the face muffin and the shaved head had the rocks to put on the uniform, the badge and the gun and go out there and risk his buttocks before you did, then back off. Trust me. Let it go. It doesn't matter.

Once you have mastered your own circle of influence then venture out into others. But not until.

Be safe.
    Damn 1042, you always beat me to it, but I couldn't hae said it any better... But I do with my dept let us wear facial hair... it would be so much eaiser...

Leave a comment:

• 1042 Trooper
    replied
    Listen to me:

Except courage.

Be safe.

Leave a comment:

• ateamer
    replied
    You said you are a rookie. You are in no position to criticize the department. You won't be around long if you are as vocal around the station about something as petty as a goatee.

Personally, I think uniformed officers should be allowed to wear full beards, neatly trimmed, handlebar and Fu Manchu mustaches.

Leave a comment:

• FuzzPup
    replied
    Originally posted by rtaylor00
    Ok I know I am a rookie.

But my dept allows facial hair. I am so so about it to say the least. But there is this one guy that has a shaved head and this huge bushy gotee. Like its outrageous and I would love to shave it off his face. I just think its highly unprofessional that they have it. NOBODY in illinois that I know of allows facial hair of this manner. I have seen some thats allow very close trimmed hair..but thats it. What are your guys opinions on this?
    Well either hes growing it out for a possible VICE spot about to open or just waiting till it is long and bushy enough to cut off and make a tupee out of

Leave a comment:

• Dave5404
    replied
    Originally posted by rtaylor00
    Ok I know I am a rookie.

But my dept allows facial hair. I am so so about it to say the least. But there is this one guy that has a shaved head and this huge bushy gotee. Like its outrageous and I would love to shave it off his face. I just think its highly unprofessional that they have it. NOBODY in illinois that I know of allows facial hair of this manner. I have seen some thats allow very close trimmed hair..but thats it. What are your guys opinions on this?
    I don't know where you are in Illinois, but it is a big state. Lots of areas around here allow it. I have a short goatee and mustache. I trim it every week or so to keep it very short. I do it because I hate shaving around my chin especially in the winter. I still feel I look professional. I will admit that some do let it get out of control, but that falls back onto the supervisors.

Leave a comment:

• rtaylor00
    started a topic Rant about facial hair...

Rant about facial hair...

Ok I know I am a rookie.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5619 users online. 367 members and 5252 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X