Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rant about facial hair...

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rant about facial hair...

    Ok I know I am a rookie.


    But my dept allows facial hair. I am so so about it to say the least. But there is this one guy that has a shaved head and this huge bushy gotee. Like its outrageous and I would love to shave it off his face. I just think its highly unprofessional that they have it. NOBODY in illinois that I know of allows facial hair of this manner. I have seen some thats allow very close trimmed hair..but thats it. What are your guys opinions on this?

  • #2
    Originally posted by rtaylor00
    Ok I know I am a rookie.


    But my dept allows facial hair. I am so so about it to say the least. But there is this one guy that has a shaved head and this huge bushy gotee. Like its outrageous and I would love to shave it off his face. I just think its highly unprofessional that they have it. NOBODY in illinois that I know of allows facial hair of this manner. I have seen some thats allow very close trimmed hair..but thats it. What are your guys opinions on this?
    I don't know where you are in Illinois, but it is a big state. Lots of areas around here allow it. I have a short goatee and mustache. I trim it every week or so to keep it very short. I do it because I hate shaving around my chin especially in the winter. I still feel I look professional. I will admit that some do let it get out of control, but that falls back onto the supervisors.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rtaylor00
      Ok I know I am a rookie.


      But my dept allows facial hair. I am so so about it to say the least. But there is this one guy that has a shaved head and this huge bushy gotee. Like its outrageous and I would love to shave it off his face. I just think its highly unprofessional that they have it. NOBODY in illinois that I know of allows facial hair of this manner. I have seen some thats allow very close trimmed hair..but thats it. What are your guys opinions on this?
      Well either hes growing it out for a possible VICE spot about to open or just waiting till it is long and bushy enough to cut off and make a tupee out of
      "That boys cheese dun slid off his cracker!"

      Comment


      • #4
        You said you are a rookie. You are in no position to criticize the department. You won't be around long if you are as vocal around the station about something as petty as a goatee.

        Personally, I think uniformed officers should be allowed to wear full beards, neatly trimmed, handlebar and Fu Manchu mustaches.
        Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

        I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

        Comment


        • #5
          Listen to me:

          The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest. Nothing matters.

          Except courage.

          If your friend with the face muffin and the shaved head had the rocks to put on the uniform, the badge and the gun and go out there and risk his buttocks before you did, then back off. Trust me. Let it go. It doesn't matter.

          Once you have mastered your own circle of influence then venture out into others. But not until.

          Be safe.
          The All New
          2013
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

          (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
            Listen to me:

            The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest. Nothing matters.

            Except courage.

            If your friend with the face muffin and the shaved head had the rocks to put on the uniform, the badge and the gun and go out there and risk his buttocks before you did, then back off. Trust me. Let it go. It doesn't matter.

            Once you have mastered your own circle of influence then venture out into others. But not until.

            Be safe.
            Damn 1042, you always beat me to it, but I couldn't hae said it any better... But I do with my dept let us wear facial hair... it would be so much eaiser...
            Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

            "There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

            R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

            Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
              Listen to me:

              The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest.
              BUT... in the real world all that matters a great deal..... especially the bad breath.
              Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
              Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Sgt. Geezer
                BUT... in the real world all that matters a great deal..... especially the bad breath.
                I agree -- bad breath helps an officer maintain a safe reactionary gap when dealing with citizens.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by chaser266
                  I agree -- bad breath helps an officer maintain a safe reactionary gap when dealing with citizens.
                  ...and his partner.

                  Personally, I don't like facial hair, but I don't see it as all that serious a matter. To me, a person can look proffesional with it, or without it.

                  His actions and words will determine his degree of proffesionalism far more than the facial hair or lack of it.

                  JMHO.
                  You can now follow me on twitter.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Once again Trooper you offer another nugget of wisdom. I am gonna flatter you and make that my new sig.
                    R.I.P. Sgt. 1st Class Raymond J. Munden

                    You're service and sacrifice will not be forgotten.

                    Kieth M.
                    I once knew a guy who said, "I'll step over any nine to get to three threes!"

                    I knew at that precise moment that he and I would never get into a fistfight over a woman.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by katzeyze
                      Once again Trooper you offer another nugget of wisdom. I am gonna flatter you and make that my new sig.
                      Gee, shucks, man. Whatever I can offer is yours. All of us learn things in different walks of life. What a shame to take it all with you, rather than to pass it off to the next wave of heroes.

                      I am glad you found a nugget in my pile of coal. It's a huge pile.

                      Carry on...
                      The All New
                      2013
                      BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                      Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                      - M1Garand

                      (any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)



                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest. Nothing matters.

                        Trooper you are MY HERO.
                        -I don't feel you honor someone by creating a physical gesture (the salute). You honor them by holding them in memory and, in law enforcement, proceeding in vigilant, ethical police work. You honor this country or deceased soldiers or whatever you're honoring when you salute a flag by thinking, feeling, and continuing a life of freedom.

                        --ArkansasRed24

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 1042 Trooper
                          Listen to me:

                          The only thing unprofessional, is a cop who whines about things which really, in the big picture, do not matter. Facial hair, does not matter. Bad breath, does not matter. Zits, do not matter. Crooked teeth, tatoos, gay or straight, man or woman, black or white, brown or yellow, tall or short, Christian or Athiest. Nothing matters.

                          Except courage.

                          If your friend with the face muffin and the shaved head had the rocks to put on the uniform, the badge and the gun and go out there and risk his buttocks before you did, then back off. Trust me. Let it go. It doesn't matter.

                          Once you have mastered your own circle of influence then venture out into others. But not until.

                          Be safe.
                          perfect. myself and half my dept. have gotees and mustaches.

                          to the original poster: there really are more important things for you to be worried about this early in your career.
                          -Sean

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 5457 users online. 355 members and 5102 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X