Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite On Duty Snack / Munchie

A little serious discussion on certified cop munchies:

What does it take to get you through your shift: Nothing, or.....

For me, it was jerky or, sunflower seeds and, my Megabladderbuster 60oz mug full of diet coke.
    Nothing
    1.18%
    Just water
    17.65%
    Just soda / coffee
    24.71%
    Sunflower seeds
    11.76%
    Trail mix
    4.71%
    Dried or fresh fruit or raw veggies
    4.71%
    Hard Candy
    5.88%
    Tater / Corn chips
    4.71%
    Popcorn
    0.00%
    Something else?
    24.71%
    The All New
    BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
    Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
    - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

I do the 32 or is it 64 oz. fountain diet pepsi and either Peanut butter M&Ms or I wait till hungry and eat a turkey sammitch...
    Some times its a protein bar
    I got nothing for now

Comment

You guys do 60 and 64 oz. drinks, ok. Then how many times do ya have to stop during your shift?

Comment

Well I can't really leave due to babysitting the inmates. I have nutty bars, oatmeal cream cookies, some poweraide, water, pop, crackers, sometimes those zibra cakes and of course sandwhich or hamburgers. It depends on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott941
          You guys do 60 and 64 oz. drinks, ok. Then how many times do ya have to stop during your shift?

If I drink all my fluids, I have 60 oz. throughout a shift. If you drink something and a lot of it, it makes you take a ****. So it makes you get out of the car and hit the bathroom.

Comment

I normally stop at 7-11 or QT and pick up 64oz of Iced Sweet tea, plus a bag a chips... lately I have been getting some jerky around 11... I normally go before I get in the car, at dinner, and when ever i stop at the station, so it could range from 3-5 times, but i have only had to make a stop for that 3-4 times so far this year...
            Why do we try so Hard for Little things, and so Little for Hard things?

"There is no happiness without tears; no life without death. Beware, I will give you cause to weep"

R.I.P Hand Sanitizer, you will be missed…

Remember, Gay, Straight, Black, White, or HIV+, on this forum you're "Blue" and that's what matters most.

Comment

In my slow boring 'burb I stop as much as needed. Meaning only 2-3 times a shift for a bathroom break.
              Depending on the shift, there is only one or two places open so we frequent those as its also being pro-active.
              I got nothing for now

Comment

Peanut M&M's, a diet pepsi and usually an energy drink (monster of full throttle). First thing I do every day. will probably get me killed, I am very predicitable.

I stop two or three time a night, I drink a lot of water as well. I think cops bladders become enlarged because we often end up "holding it" on TA's or other such long winded calls.
                It takes a Wolf.......

Comment

I like dark chocalate and I drink mostly water and sweet tea every once in awhile. I stopped drinking soda which was very hard, diet moutain dew withdrawl was the worse. The headaches were outrageous!
                  Thus the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win

Comment

Coffee...and lots of it...and you men have NO room bitchin' about having to take bathroom breaks...LOL....you have no idea!!!
                    sigpic

I don't agree with your opinion, but I respect its straightforwardness in terms of wrongness.

Comment

Give me a Diet Pepsi and a pack of Capt Wafers and I am set.. That is when I work days. Its another story when I am on nights.. I gotta have a bag of peanut m&ms

Comment

Was there anything else????
                        Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence!

[George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP

*cries* are those Krispy Cremes? I got totally addicted to those when I was in Lexington. Ahhh the memories. Unfortunately we don't have those where I live now. Or where I attend school...

If I didn't know better I'd say 1042Trooper was my dad, but Da's still active (well, retired from the NG but working his corrections job) Anyway, he's even got his own reusable megahuge soda cup.

I make do with water (sometimes flavoured with powerade/crystal lite) and sunflower seeds.
                          "Duty, then, is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less" R.E. Lee

Comment

+ 1 SgtCHP

Snack break, what's that? Seeing 4-6 people in an hour every hour doesn't give much time for anything...I should probably do another ride-along for a little R & R, that or become a cop.
                            Last edited by Darling; 04-02-2007, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SgtCHP

Y'know, I was going to make gut pills an option on the poll, but didn't think the folks would appreciate the option right there in plain view.

You made my day.
                              The All New
                              BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
                              Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
                              - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4638 users online. 282 members and 4356 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X