300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by centralTMC
    I read that the average melting temperature for structural steel is 2,750 degrees Fahrenheit. That said, the blue flame from a Bunsen Burner can reach temperature's of 2,372-2,912 degrees Fahrenheit. An oxyhydrogen fire can reach temperatures exceeding 3,645 degrees. A fire burning pure jet fuel alone can only reach a temperature of 1,796 degrees.

But a lot of the fire after the crash was not burning just because of jet fuel, but because of an assortment of materials within the building. Therefore, by the time the towers collapsed and a lot of the fuel had burned away, these fires were burning on other things, which could reach a temperature easily exceeding 2,750 degrees.

So the answer is yes, this is very much physically possible, and is very probable. Conspiracy theorists like to take the minimum possibilities from the fire, and the maximum possibilities of the steel, and say it could not have happened. Anyone who does some original research would find that these claims are completely false.
    Yep. Plus, if you know your physics and/or chemistry, (or just have common sense and half a brain) you'll know that the steel didn't have to MELT, it just had to heat up enough to bend/compress-then they fell down like dominos.

Keep on keepin on Rosie. We'll be here to medevac you out when you get attacked. Unless we get RIFed. But the Old Salts will still be here, defending your right to say whatever the heck you want.

(Props to me dad, an Old Salt of the first order. He's got 40 years in now of "don't call me sir I work for a living")
    "Duty, then, is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more; you should never wish to do less" R.E. Lee

Comment

so watched the oreilly factor tonight, love the show, oreilly is the man. anyhow, who else but geraldo rivera was on there defending rosie, or at least attempting to do so as it's impossible. it was so funny, he just kept getting shot down by bill when he wasn't doing it to himself, it was great. sad that it takes someone like rivera to try to defend her, as we all know about good ole geraldo.

Comment

can't we just put a seeker head on her and drop her from a B-52 already?
        When reality becomes too unbearable.............When he can't give an intelligent answer to the comment made instead of the comment he wish were made....... he predictably............. slips into ........The Fantasy Zone.
        -JPR

Comment

my wife tried to watch this POS show the other day, I turned the TV off on her!!!! That made for a great day LOL
          "Say hello to my leeeetle friend"

Comment

I think we need to put Rosie O'Donnell on some weight loss challenge. If she loses 100 pounds she can stay in America, but no more TV, radio, etc. If she doesn't lose it, we ship her straight to Tehran. See how she does without her twinkies.

Comment

Sure are a lot of personal attacks on Rosie here.
              But no one explained her question of what caused WTC 7 to collapse.

Comment

Big Shot: Sure are a lot of personal attacks on Rosie here.
                But no one explained her question of what caused WTC 7 to collapse.
                WTC 7 collapsed because:

I read that the average melting temperature for structural steel is 2,750 degrees Fahrenheit. That said, the blue flame from a Bunsen Burner can reach temperature's of 2,372-2,912 degrees Fahrenheit. An oxyhydrogen fire can reach temperatures exceeding 3,645 degrees. A fire burning pure jet fuel alone can only reach a temperature of 1,796 degrees.

But a lot of the fire after the crash was not burning just because of jet fuel, but because of an assortment of materials within the building. Therefore, by the time the towers collapsed and a lot of the fuel had burned away, these fires were burning on other things, which could reach a temperature easily exceeding 2,750 degrees.

So the answer is yes, this is very much physically possible, and is very probable. Conspiracy theorists like to take the minimum possibilities from the fire, and the maximum possibilities of the steel, and say it could not have happened. Anyone who does some original research would find that these claims are completely false.
                Yep. Plus, if you know your physics and/or chemistry, (or just have common sense and half a brain) you'll know that the steel didn't have to MELT, it just had to heat up enough to bend/compress-then they fell down like dominos.
                Last edited by centralTMC; 04-02-2007, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't the designers of the WTC's design the building's frame to be fire resistant? Since i'm not a science wiz I don't even know if this is possible, but it seems like this would have been a problem even without the planes crashing into them.
                  "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Charlie Mansen should be paroled and go to Rosie's house.
                    Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
                    Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk
                      Wouldn't the designers of the WTC's design the building's frame to be fire resistant? Since i'm not a science wiz I don't even know if this is possible, but it seems like this would have been a problem even without the planes crashing into them.
                      Fire resistant as in what.....? The materials they used to construct it...?

Have to remember, the WTC's were designed/built in the 60s and 70s......and were open in April 1973.

Lots of stuff that will be used on the Freedom Tower wasn't around back then.....

Plus....back then, who in their right mind would have thought someone would be trying to crash jetliners into the place....? It just wasn't something folks worried about back then....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357
                        Plus....back then, who in their right mind would have thought someone would be trying to crash jetliners into the place....? It just wasn't something folks worried about back then....
                        What jetliner crashed into WTC 7? What caused fires to start in WTC 7?

Comment

It's weird how celebrities feel that they can pronounce on any and all issues merely on the basis that they're famous. Or as Denis Leary put it rather better: "Is Michael Stipe going to tell me how to vote? I don't f*****g think so". Being a college drop-out, former stand-up comic and chat-show host does not, I suggest, necessarily equip Ms O'Donnell with the answer to all the great unsolved questions of the universe. Though I did admire her chutzpah in violently condemning gun ownership whilst ensuring that her bodyguard was packing.
                          I'm a little bit waayy, a little bit wooah, a little bit woosh, I'm a geezer.

Comment

Rosie

I for one think she and the View know exactly what she is saying and back her one hundred percent. Think about it. Ratings are dropping so have Rosie come out, once again, with something so off the wall and contriversal that everyone will be talking about it. Best available publicity for everyone involved with the view.
                            Richard Scalzo, Capt. - Retired
                            Secaucus Police Department
                            Secaucus, NJ

Comment

Interesting! Are You Suggesting Rosie O'donnell Be Executed In Iran For Being A Lesbian?i Think So! That However Seems To Be Acceptable In This Racist,bigoted Homophobic Gay Abuse Forum.

Comment

That is what central is really saying you know! such anti-gay abuse!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4882 users online. 285 members and 4597 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X