300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrestlemania

Anyone wwe fans? Whos making predictions for wrestlemania?

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze
    Anyone wwe fans?
    Nope, I'm a pride fan myself. The last wrasseling match I watched featured Bobo Brazil...is he still around?
    "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

I heard that UFC bought out Pride. Any truth to this?

ETA- Sorry to hijack and to answer the original question, no WWE for me either.

BB

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBars

BB
        Not a big wrasslin' fan since the days of Chief Jay Strongbow.

I'd find it highly unlikely that UFC would be able to buy out Pride. Pride is HUGE in the Pacific Rim & has a lot of fighters under lucrative contracts.

Of course I could be totally wrong
        "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."
        09/11/2001 Never Forget

Comment

Originally posted by BehindBars

BB
          pride did not buy out ufc. however, the owners of the ufc, the ferritas brothers, did buy pride. that's where the whole ufc bought pride thing is coming from. now we will finally see the matchups we've wanted for years.

also, about the wwe. it's here at the nutter center, which is on the campus of wright st, where i go to school. that's the only reason i even remotely know anything about it. havent watched a pro wrestling match since junio high, just not my cup of tea.

Comment

I've been a wrestling fan since I was about six years old. I'm not as big a fan now but it's still interesting to watch/keep up with. The Trump/McMahon Hair vs. Hair match has been getting a lot of media attention lately. It would be great to see the Donald with his head shaved but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by jrhodes
              pride did not buy out ufc. however, the owners of the ufc, the ferritas brothers, did buy pride.
              Must have missed the part about someone saying Zuffa was bought out by Pride Anywho, it will be interesting to see what happens next
              "Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought" ~Henri Louis Bergson

ComptonPOLICEGANGS.com

Comment

sorry, i meant ufc did not buy out pride, but rather the owners did, so that's where the relation is

Comment

Originally posted by exComptonCop
                  Nope, I'm a pride fan myself. The last wrasseling match I watched featured Bobo Brazil...is he still around?
                  Bobo Brazil!?!.....he's nothing compared to Mil Mascaras, the man of a thousand masks. The three-man tag-team combo of Mil Mascaras and Los Medicos de Mexico defeats any and all challengers!

I can hear it all now, "Dick Lane, live from the Olympic Auditorium....Whoa, Nelly!....and tonight's outstanding wrestler in the opinion of the referee, receives a free McLane Trim 'n' Edger. Now a word from Giant Felix Chevrolet...'Hi friends, Nick Shamus, here'...." Dear G-d in heaven, you've got me thinking back to many a Wednesday night! I even saw those guys at the El Monte Legion Stadium, when I was in Jr. High!

Wrestlemania? Who turned down the IQ of this website?
                  "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

Originally posted by MaineSqueeze
                    Anyone wwe fans? Whos making predictions for wrestlemania?
                    Stopped watching after Hart died at Kemper Arena in Kc, Mo.
                    A Veteran is someone who at one point in their life wrote a blank check made payable to The United States of America, for an amount up to, and including their life. That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact!

Comment

I've been a WWF* fan since I first saw Junkyard Dog do his patented bodyslam on a no-namer. Than I saw the British Bulldogs kick the @$$es of Brutus Beefcake and Johnny Valentine with a summer sault from the top rope with Davey Boy Smith holding Valentine on the top rope and Dynamite Kid climbing on top of them and delivering a massive head bunt. That was like a year or two before they started fueding for the WWF tag team titles.

Name's like Don Muraco, Tito Santana or Ricky the Dragon Steamboat you don't hear these days.

And they don't have matches like the WM III match of Ricky the Dragon Steamboat vs. Macho Man Randy Savage. If any of you saw that match, you will know what I am talking about. Or the body slam heard around the world when Hogan slammed Andre; the crowd when F'ing nuts and so did my house!

World Heavyweight Championship Match Batista vs. Undertaker
                      Result: The Undertaker, he's 14 and 0. . . and will be 15 and 0

WWE Championship Match John Cena vs. Shawn Michaels
                      Result: Michaels

Battle of the Billionaires - Hair vs. Hair Special guest referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin Bobby Lashley (w/Donald Trump) vs. Umaga (w/Vince McMahon)
                      Result: Austin is going kick both of their @sses. . . and he's going to look at Umaga and just open a can of Whoop-*** on him. . .Trump. . .

Money in the Bank Ladder Match Edge vs. CM Punk vs. King Booker vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Mr. Kennedy vs. Matt Hardy vs. Finley vs. Randy Orton
                      Result: King Booker

ECW Originals (The Sandman, Sabu, Tommy Dreamer & Rob Van Dam) vs. New Breed (Elijah Burke, Matt Striker, Marcus Cor Von & Kevin Thorn)
                      Result: ECS Originals

Women's Championship Match Melina vs. Ashley
                      Result: Melina

Kane vs. The Great Khali
                      Result: C'mon, the brother of the deadman. . .who else you think?!?! ;-)

United States Championship Match Chris Benoit vs. MVP
                      Result: My bet is Benoit. . .via the Crippler Crossface. . .I love that move and yes I have tried it on someone, and it is dangerous/real move!

* I don't like the new company name, WWE, WWF had more of a ring to it. Plus its the name I grew up with.
                      Last edited by Raiden; 03-30-2007, 04:39 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

I am really looking forward to having to come to work Sunday night on midnights with 70+ thousand people at Wrestlemania and having to find a parking space with no parking downtown Detroit. We don't even have specified parking for those of us who have to work downtown. Days and noons officers have to pay to park, everyday, not just because of this event. Just gives you an idea if your not familiar with the parking situation.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6355 users online. 365 members and 5990 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X