Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non LEOs running this board has the same result as civilians running a police oversight board.
    I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

• Langford PR
      Langford PR commented
      Editing a comment
      You're officially nominated for POTY 2017 with that!

Ya this forum has gone to complete ****. Seriously this was once a great wealth of information and I used it a lot when I was in the hiring process. This place is a shell of what it used to be.

Comment

This place just isn't what it used to be....
      "We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles." -- RSGSRT

Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Moderator Tackleberry, please just break his pipe and let him go. He's got a final tomorrow morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
          This place just isn't what it used to be....
          You've got that right!
          It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by m.p.c View Post
            Ya this forum has gone to complete ****. Seriously this was once a great wealth of information and I used it a lot when I was in the hiring process. This place is a shell of what it used to be.
            It’s a Shell Hole...
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Bring them back.

Things changed quickly, and in a bad way, when the original owner sold the board. The original mods were fired, they left completely, and many of us stayed away for several years or permanently. I believe I'm the senior member here now. I'm checking with the O.com retirement system, and if the pension is high enough, might pull the pin.

#thisisourboard #goldbadgesmatter #modsneedtobeswornofficers
              Government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. - Ronald Reagan

I don't think It'll happen in the US because we don't trust our government. We are a country of skeptics, raised by skeptics, founded by skeptics. - Amaroq

Comment

Originally posted by ateamer View Post
                Bring them back.

Things changed quickly, and in a bad way, when the original owner sold the board. The original mods were fired, they left completely, and many of us stayed away for several years or permanently. I believe I'm the senior member here now. I'm checking with the O.com retirement system, and if the pension is high enough, might pull the pin.

#thisisourboard #goldbadgesmatter #modsneedtobeswornofficers
                Got me beat by 3 months! Miss the good old days... LOL

Comment

I don't know if it's just me, but it was actually easier for us civilians to engage in meaningful discussions (not troll posts) when actual cops were running things around here.

JMHO
                  It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Comment

Yeah, I came in on the tail end of what seemed as the good ole days. There was another site I went to that was pretty good, but it didn't get as much traffic. Will be kind of interesting to see where this one is within a year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by DeaconSteve View Post
                      Yeah, I came in on the tail end of what seemed as the good ole days. There was another site I went to that was pretty good, but it didn't get as much traffic. Will be kind of interesting to see where this one is within a year or so.
                      You really have to understand that THIS forum is a very small part of this website. The corporate owners really could care less about what happens here and they have someone on staff that "monitors" this site rather than moderates it. To the owners this is a business........they only really care about mouse clicks.

The owners mostly are REACTIVE here...............they respond to complaints. Its not really different under Southcom Business Media than it was under Cygnus But most of the time it is a squeegee wheel around here that gets greased.......and guess who complains the most?

I think the current employee here does a "fair" job most of the time but when we get someone on that we (the regular posters) attempt to run off...........he thinks he has to clean up the mess (edit and/or delete) a lot of crap which takes time. Time away from his regular job. He then gets ticked and begins a slash and burn ................much like Borelli did a few years ago.

Borelli WAS a cop.................but he still had a boss here on o.com and had to listen to his boss when it came to business decisions. He got "fired" a while back, came back and then was removed again after one of the controversial times. THAT is the one where I got my Permanent Ban ...............and I still am not sure why I was granted a parole, AND I considered NOT coming back , but in the end I decided to return and contribute

Over the years I have had private chats with Borelli, JDFranke and the female we used to have as a part time moderator..........I know I would not want the "job" of moderator & MOST of our group here really wouldn't either because of the constraints it would put on the way I engage people here.

It's still "mostly fun" here as to having a place to network with old friends, meet new ones, and blow off some steam. Is it a perfect place...............oh hell no..........but where is THAT perfect place

The other forum I belong to that had a "police only" vetted forum has been down since February due to being hacked......the forum has NEVER been replaced after they shut it down.................and IT was nearly dead at the time of the hack anyway.

It was wrong to ban GoldBadge.....................he truly was one of the people on here that had vast experience in both the local and federal systems & RARELY posted controversial or nasty postings. HE was ticked because of a PM of sexual nature and posted it to get the attention of the mods.............well it got their attention.

It is what it is

Since some people need to be told by notes in crayon .......Don't PM me with without prior permission. If you can't discuss the situation in the open forum ----it must not be that important

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

(F*** Off Cuz Ur Stupid)

Comment

You folks should check out https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/

It has tons of activity and is heavily moderated by LEOs.

Comment

• 802Deputy
                          802Deputy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Been on this forum for 17 years, don't want to add another... Who knows maybe the ship will righten again. Either way, I'll stick around to see what the end brings!

This whole forum has become an EPIC FAIL on the part of the admin. It’s been Full Retard for months...
                        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

I joined another site last year, and got smacked down for making to many posts on the introduction thread. All I was doing was welcoming new members on the forum, but the mods thought I was up to something else, so they deleted most of them to knock my post count down. I really had no ulterior motives, but their intervention showed the mods were on top of things there.

Comment

I don't know what's going on with the mods here, but the pos troll who got GoldBadge banned is still here spewing his garbage. What a crock of bull****.

Just one one more nail in the O.com coffin....
                            "No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12443 users online. 468 members and 11975 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X