Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger SP101 .38 spcl. Wheel guns are where it's at. I have yet to buy the G43 because they were back ordered for so long.
    semper destravit

Comment

PA63 9mm Mak, been carrying it for 34 years and it has never failed to go bang, bang, bang in qualifications or practice.
      Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
      In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
      Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
      Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

Walter PPS in 9mm Is my every day off duty carry.

I also carry a Ruger LCR in 357 magnum is my winter and pocket carry while on duty.

Comment

Another retired wheel-gun guy...

My choice: S&W, M&P340, .357 mag. w/ Crimson Trace laser grip.

Yea, the recoil is punishing while shooting hot loads at the range but, IMHO, if it ever came down to "Uh oh... gotta go bang, bang," I'm confident adrenaline will go a long way toward offsetting recoil. Practice w/ .38 rounds. End practice w/ hot rounds. Carry hot rounds - Winchester Silvertip HP's.

It's small enough to conceal in my retirement "uniform" which, during our 7+ warm months, consists of basketball shorts w/ a tank top.

Weighing in at just about one pound (loaded) it's light enough to carry all day, every day but (presumably) packs enough punch to dissuade a professional linebacker.

S&W M&P340.jpg

Comment

Glock 36 or Ruger LCP
            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
            that we are all that stands between
            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Glock 27. Pearce grip extension. Hornady Critical Defense ammo.

Comment

Here's my current carry - it is a Dan Wesson ECO-9; compact 3-1/2" bull barreled 1911 weighing in at 32 ounces loaded. eco_crawford.jpg
                Attached Files

Comment

• Langford PR
                  Langford PR commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very very pretty!

Thanks Langford. The dagger is a Pat Crawford "OSS Stinger" or sleeve knife; this is made in ATS-34; he also makes them in titanium. Cold Steel makes some in polymer.

Comment

Springfield XDM duty and XDS, which I qualify with as my secondary weapon, as my everyday carrying pistol.

Comment

Retired now, but I EDC either a G43 or G42 - both carried with an extra mag in my pocket, and each mag with +1 extensions.

Comment

As a Secret Service Uniformed Division Officer, can you carry off duty anywhere in the U.S.? Also, can you carry your personal handgun or does it need to be your service issued?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9194 users online. 328 members and 8866 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X