300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Dragged From plane

Due to flight being over booked?! This one seems like there must be more to the story as it's so "WTF?" Does United have any idea what they have just done to their PR in this modern day of cell phone cams?

A video posted on Facebook late Sunday evening shows a passenger on a United Airlines flight from Chicago to Louisville being forcibly removed from the plane before takeoff at O’Hare International Airport.

The video, posted by Audra D. Bridges at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, is taken from an aisle seat on a commercial airplane that appears to be preparing to take flight. The 31-second clip shows three men wearing radio equipment and security jackets speaking with a man seated on the plane. After a few seconds, one of the men grabs the passenger, who screams, and drags him by his arms toward the front of the plane. The video ends before anything else is shown.

A United spokesperson confirmed in an email Sunday night that a passenger had been taken off a flight in Chicago.

"Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked," the spokesperson said. "After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate.

"We apologize for the overbook situation. Further details on the removed customer should be directed to authorities."

Source:

http://www.courier-journal.com/story...lle/100274374/

Dude is far from saint however, but they didn't now that at the time:

http://nypost.com/2017/04/11/doctor-...drugs-for-sex/

I assume those are airline security vs CPD. What does the LE community here think? LE buddy said:

" As a former Airport LEO, there would have been no way in the world I would have gotten involved in this. Notice it was Chicago Aviation Security and not Chicago PD....? There is a reason CPD didn't jump in...."

- Will @ www.BrinkZone.com
    - Will

Performance/Fitness Advice For the Tactical Community

www.OptimalSWAT.com

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

PEPSI: "We created one of the biggest public relations messes this year..."

UNITED AIRLINES: "Hey Pepsi- hold my beer......"
    SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
    SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

" In life, all good things come hard, but wisdom is the hardest to come by."

Lucille Ball

Comment

No law was being broken. Each person paid for their ticket and had a lawful reason to be there. I would've done nada. Not my fault someone over booked. Maybe they should've Sweetin the pie by up grading no charge or even a meal.
        I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

Not knowing Illinois law, in California there could be a trespassing issue *if United said get out and the guy didn't leave AND United wanted him arrested.

* F%ck United..... from decades of chitty customer service.
          Last edited by RGDS; 04-13-2017, 07:26 AM.
          semper destravit

Comment

......United spokesman Jonathan Guerin said Tuesday that all 70 seats on United Express Flight 3411 were filled, but the plane was not overbooked as the airline previously reported. Instead, United and regional affiliate Republic Airlines, which operated the flight, selected four passengers to be removed to accommodate crew members needed in Louisville the next day. The passengers were selected based on a combination of criteria spelled out in United’s contract of carriage, including frequent-flier status, fare type, check-in time and connecting flight implications, among others, according to United.

Three passengers went quietly. The fourth, who was literally pulled out of his seat and off the plane, was David Dao, a physician in Elizabethtown, Ky.

Late Tuesday, CNBC reported that a pair of Chicago attorneys, Stephen L. Golan and Thomas A. Demetrio, are representing Dao. A statement from Golan said Dao is undergoing treatment in a Chicago hospital for unspecified injuries.

"The family of Dr. Dao wants the world to know that they are very appreciative of the outpouring of prayers, concern, and support they have received," Golan said in a statement. "Currently, they are focused only on Dr. Dao's medical care and treatment" and will not be making any comments to the media.

Munoz issued his first public apology Monday but hours later sent a letter to the airline's employees lauding the behavior of the flight crew in dealing with a "disruptive and belligerent" passenger. Munoz credited employees with following established procedures on the Louisville-bound flight.

"This situation was unfortunately compounded when one of the passengers we politely asked to deplane refused, and it became necessary to contact Chicago Aviation Security Officers to help," the letter says. "While I deeply regret this situation arose, I also emphatically stand behind all of you, and I want to commend you for continuing to go above and beyond to ensure we fly right.".........................

1) Not overbooked
            2) United needed a flight crew to replace passengers for a separate situation at another location that needed that crew
            3) After no volunteers the 4 passengers were selected via established procedure
            4) 3x passengers were accepting and went off the flight quietly
            5) 4th passenger was passive resistive
            6) CEO publicly backs his employees in PR nightmare instead of scapegoating them
            7) Removal of resistive passenger was done by airport security NOT United staff

hmmmm.....I find it curious how a comparable situation to this one that might involve actions at or by a LE agency would have people lauding support for the officers involved in a difficult situation and how the chief/sheriff was backing up his staff so strongly and publicly.........and yet so far here.......? Interesting dynamic at play.

Regardless of ....god, bad, or meh.......Dr Dao will become a very wealthy individual for being 'the guy' who refused to get off the flight and was delaying everyone else getting to their destination because he didn't want to follow established procedure. Hmm, I guess being 'the AH' does pay off these days!
            'I deeply apologize to the customer forcibly removed and to all the customers aboard,' United CEO Oscar Munoz told employees.
            Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
            “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
            “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
            "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
            ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Oh wow, those customer protection laws. I guess I'd better not die in the US, because the cemetery management might need a spare coffin for their staff and throw me out...
              Originally posted by careerchange#2;n4360641
              Young man everyone goes through tough times in life. You recognized the futile nature of your existence and attempted to employ deadly force to end it.

Sadly, while the situation warranted deadly force, you applied it unsuccessfully. Had you been successful, your chances of hiring would have increased significantly as it would count as past experience.

Comment

I also found this 'interesting' about the 'victim'.....
                Doctor dragged off United flight was felon who traded prescription drugs for secret gay sex with patient half his age and took them himself - and he needed anger management, was 'not forthright' and had control issues, psychiatrist found

• Dr David Dao's troubled medical past is revealed in court documents
                • His wife Teresa - also a doctor - reported him to medical authorities and his secret inappropriate gay relationship with a patient was revealed
                • Father of five, 69, was convicted of a felony - but avoided prison time - because he was giving the man prescription drugs in return for gay sex
                • He denied the gay sex even though he was caught on camera shirtless and in his pants with Brian Case, his lover, 26, who was a fellow worshiper at his church
                • Case said he believed that Dao wanted to hook him on prescription narcotics including Oxycontin so he would keep coming to him for gay sex
                • Psychiatrist found Vietnamese-born doctor had series of issues and one doctor wrote that he 'he would unilaterally chose to do his own thing'
                • He only got his licence back after agreeing to be drug tested and polygraphed
                Married Dr David Dao was convicted of giving a patient drugs in return for gay sex and barred from practicing in Louisville, KY. He was allowed back after anger management and other counselling.

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

"I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Comment

It should be noted that the Contract of Carriage calls for passengers to be offered up to $1,350.00. He was only offered $800. Airlines should be required to offer that max amount before involuntarily booting customers who have already held up their end of the deal.
                  This Space For Rent

Comment

I would have taken the cash, spent $40 renting a car, and drove the 4 hours to Louisville.

When the wife and I were flying back from Vegas, they were offering like a grand each to people to give up their seats. Someone else took it before we could. After spending money on a rental car and hotel (2 day drive back) we still would have come out WAAAAY ahead.
                    Originally posted by RSGSRT
                    We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
                    Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

Originally posted by Aerohead View Post
                      I would have taken the cash, spent $40 renting a car, and drove the 4 hours to Louisville.

When the wife and I were flying back from Vegas, they were offering like a grand each to people to give up their seats. Someone else took it before we could. After spending money on a rental car and hotel (2 day drive back) we still would have come out WAAAAY ahead.
                      If it was cash, that's a different story. I thought it was a voucher for future air travel-not as good.

Comment

• Aerohead
                        Aerohead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I read that they offered $400 cash then $800 cash.

Fly the friendly skies. Just one more reason I don't fly. But then, I don't have to.

Comment

• foodnerd
                        foodnerd commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I used to love the actual flying part, especially take-off and landing. But you couldn't pay me to fly commercial today, dealing with angry morons on both sides of the transaction (employees and other passengers).

United could have just as easily had one of their private planes they use to shuffle big shots to take the employees where they needed to go. I can only imagine the drop in ticket sales from this. I wonder how many cancellations they've already gotten?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
                        It should be noted that the Contract of Carriage calls for passengers to be offered up to $1,350.00. He was only offered $800. Airlines should be required to offer that max amount before involuntarily booting customers who have already held up their end of the deal.
                        If they offered 1350 every time I'd be flying just to cash in on that!

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,

Comment

My brother in law worked for Delta for decades..On overbooked flights he was authorized to offer up to 1,000 dollars and 2 free round trip tickets to passengers if they would leave the plane...

He said they had one man that would buy a ticket for a plane he figured would be overbooked and be the first to volunteer to get off the plane, knowing he would get cash and a free ticket...
                          Retired LASD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5722 users online. 397 members and 5325 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X