300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbreak and tears...

Thursday I had to take my beloved Choc. Lab Braun to cross over the Rainbow Bridge. He had been my best friend for the past 13 years and has been by my side every day.. There are no word to describe the hurt I have losing my dog. I have no friends in my retirement years and I depended on my dog for companionship and love....The depression I'm having is unbearable...
    Retired LASD

Condolences. Horrible thing to lose a companion, especially after so long.

Take care, and don't hesitate to speak to someone if you need to.

Comment

My condolences, Retired. It's definitely tough to lose our furkids.

Consider going to the local animal shelter & see if you can't find a new furkid to be your companion. You may not find another Braun, but that doesn't mean you can't find another great companion.
      This Space For Rent

Comment

He's up there, playing in the sun, rolling in the green grass, chewing on bones...waiting for the day you join him.

Im sorry for your loss. 13 years of joy for a pup.

Thank you.

Now. When you're ready. There's a pup or two at the shelter waiting for a good Dad.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

My deepest sympathies and Godspeed to your dear friend.

......as said before, when you're ready, there is another lovely and right now very lonely friend waiting for you at the shelter.
          Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
          “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
          “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
          "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
          ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

Originally posted by Retired96 View Post
            Thursday I had to take my beloved Choc. Lab Braun to cross over the Rainbow Bridge. He had been my best friend for the past 13 years and has been by my side every day.. There are no word to describe the hurt I have losing my dog. I have no friends in my retirement years and I depended on my dog for companionship and love....The depression I'm having is unbearable...
            Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Don't have any real advice to offer. Hope you work through it though. All the best.

Comment

Sorry for your loss. I know the feeling, but like Pogue, CCCSD and Langford said, when you are ready, a new pal from a shelter will give you a new family member.
              I’ll die with blue in my veins.

Comment

Sad to hear,Lost mine a few years back,After awhile i did as mentioned and found another who really needed a home and someone to love him.
                Sometimes i swear he does the same things my old one did.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear Retired. I wish you the best
                  REINSTATE THE TRIG
                  Originally posted by Iowa #1603
                  Your logic defies logic
                  Originally posted by Rudy8116
                  Blah blah blah, cops don't need camo, something something something, why do police need armored vehicles, angry rant angry rant angry rant let's take them all away, angry masturbation.
                  Originally posted by Michigan
                  Arresting someone is fun, but playing with my pecker is still more fun.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  A pallet of Cheetos and pictures of my cock are inbound.
                  Originally posted by TheTick
                  This gangsta *** mother ****er was twisting trees with dank nuggs while in his crib.
                  Originally posted by 02paul09
                  Being a cop these days in an officer safety issue

Comment

I am so very sorry for your loss <3 They sure do take a piece of our hearts with them. We had to let go of our sweet girl in September, and I ended up pretty depressed. Just this past week we started fostering for a breed-specific rescue...I'm not ready to have another of our own, but fostering is helping me smile and feel more normal again. When you're ready, it might be a great way for you to honor Braun's memory and help out some dogs in need. Thinking of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiland View Post
                      I am so very sorry for your loss <3 They sure do take a piece of our hearts with them. We had to let go of our sweet girl in September, and I ended up pretty depressed. Just this past week we started fostering for a breed-specific rescue...I'm not ready to have another of our own, but fostering is helping me smile and feel more normal again. When you're ready, it might be a great way for you to honor Braun's memory and help out some dogs in need. Thinking of you.
                      +1

Good to see you stopping by Reiland.
                      Harry S. Truman, (1884-1972)
                      “Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day.”

Capt. E.J. Land USMC,
                      “Just remember – life is hard. But it’s one hell of a lot harder if you’re stupid.

George Washington, (1732-1799)
                      "I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man."

Originally posted by Country_Jim
                      ... Thus far, I am rooting for the zombies.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss Sir. May you find comfort in knowing your gave your best in raising him. It is always hard losing our four legged friends/family members, but know in your heart they loved you unconditionally for giving them your best. He is looking down on you and know he will be waiting for you when your time comes.

If you need to talk about it, by all means, inbox me.
                        Love all, trust a few. Do wrong to none - William Shakespeare
                        Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.- James Mattis
                        It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. - Lt. Gen. George S. Patton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cFL80PN3wA&sns=em

Comment

Hugs and condolences, Retired! (we need a "moral support" button; seems inappropriate to hit LIKE even when the intent is for the poster, not the news)

I lost my buddy of 19 years, also just before Christmas. Eight years later, still miss him terribly.

Originally posted by jdthor View Post
                          Sometimes i swear he does the same things my old one did.
                          THIS! My friends even joke that Costello left little instructional notes all over this place, in the cat-only-access areas.
                          Six years in, this furry monster who ambushed me at a shelter adoption event, still picks up new, totally-Costello-bonkers, eccentric behaviors and ways to make me just as crazy.
                          "Every day should include a perfectly grilled thick steak, freshly roasted coffee and seats on the 50-yardline.

Oh, and bacon. It should start with bacon."
                          ------- Me

~~~~

Agent and manager of the world's only authentic lucky football kitty. Don't believe me?
                          Just look at the Seattle Seahawks 1976-2010, compared to 2011-present. (and yes, I've been a fan that long)

Comment

Hang in there brother, nothing I can say that hasn't already been said but sending thoughts and prayers your way.

You're certainly not alone. Feel free to PM if you ever want/need to chat.

Comment

Fur babies will rip your inside out when they leave to go to doggie heaven. My last two died in my arms. I still have three of their pups from two different litters. Ages 15 and 16. They can't have too many more years left in them and it's going to hurt like hell when they leave.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5714 users online. 395 members and 5319 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X