300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird sleeping issue.....

Okay this thing has been happening for the last week, and I didn't know how to search about it online so I thought I could ask you guys for help here.

What happens is I fall a sleep and all the sudden I feel like im paralyzed and that something is pushing me, with a feeling that Im about to get killed...and one scene keeps repeating itself over and over and its scary as heck, like last night i was trying to escape my room over and over and over again it just kept repeating..so lets say I go to sleep 11:30 and as soon as I wake up from my nightmare guess what time it is? It will be like 10-15 min after I went to sleep, its weird..how in 15min all that happens to me...anyone know what this is?

Oh and as soon as I wake up from that nightmire Im so disoriented that I see/hear things I have never seen or heard before.

Edit: I do not take medication or drugs of anysorts..so don't say that is an issue heh
    Last edited by TimmyTheUnicorn; 09-15-2006, 09:19 PM.

It's called sleep paralysis. I have had it before as well but not for a long time.

Some connect it to alien abductions.

Really, all it is, is that your body thinks it's in REM sleep so it cuts off motor functions to keep you from playing out your dreams. But, as you know, you are slightly awake and aware of your surroundings. SOmetimes you are seeing things because your not quite awake. Verdugo can be part of it too.

As I recall, it felt like I was being seperated from my body, but ripped back inside it causeing me to feel like I was falling.
    Last edited by ejay; 09-15-2006, 09:18 PM.
    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

Thanks I will search that in google, but do you know why that has been happening to me for the past week? And why does it feel so scary?

Comment

I don't know why it is happening for you. It was scary for me too. As I mentioned, some people feel the same thing, but also see aliens trying to take them away so they attrubute the feeling to something that the aliens are doing to them.

It is scary because you have no control over it. What you mind does with that fear can only be explained by yourself.

When I had it, it would happen several days at a time and then stop for a while. I haven't experienced it in a few years.
        "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

Originally posted by ejay
          I don't know why it is happening for you. It was scary for me too. As I mentioned, some people feel the same thing, but also see aliens trying to take them away so they attrubute the feeling to something that the aliens are doing to them.

It is scary because you have no control over it. What you mind does with that fear can only be explained by yourself.

When I had it, it would happen several days at a time and then stop for a while. I haven't experienced it in a few years.
          Ya also do you ever feel like you try to scream or yell and nothing comes out while this is happening to you?

Comment

Yes, I remember trying so damn hard to just lift my hand to grab something to lift myself up but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't do it. I could feel my muscles tighten, but not move.

The same was for speaking. I would try very hard to just say something, but I couldn't get anything out but a slight breath.

All of that can be very scary. Partly due to the fact that if something was to creep up on you, you know you couldn't move to deffend yourself.

Comment

It's also called a 'night terror', and is common in children. Either that or a succubus is looking for you.
              What Delta said x2

Comment

Originally posted by PFL
                It's also called a 'night terror', and is common in children. Either that or a succubus is looking for you.
                When i woke up last night i was so disoriented that i saw shadows of devils running on my ceiling and walls.. Tonight im sleeping with a loaded shotgun. Going to shoot them if I see them again.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTheUnicorn
                  When i woke up last night i was so disoriented that i saw shadows of devils running on my ceiling and walls.. Tonight im sleeping with a loaded shotgun. Going to shoot them if I see them again.
                  Timmy, are you serious? Are you sure that that's a good idea? It sounds like maybe you should talk to someone about this.

Anyway, assuming you're joking about the above, has your diet changed at all? Maybe people would see this as an old wives' tale, but I definitely have big changes in how deeply I sleep, and how vivid my dreams are, when I eat certain foods. I think it has to do with the food's tryptophan content. You're more likely to feel disoriented when you wake up from an unusually deep sleep.

I've only once had the problem of being paralyzed and trying to scream, and it was definitely terrifying. It also felt like the bed sheets were tightening around me. That's an experience I wouldn't care to repeat, and I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to you.

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

For me, after a few times, the logical part of my brain kicked in and I knew what was really happening. What your mind can do when your half awake is amazing. Don't let it wonder, and take control of the moment. It worked for me.

And don't sleep with a loaded shotgun because of the sleep paralysis.

Comment

Originally posted by Entre Nous
                      Timmy, are you serious? Are you sure that that's a good idea? It sounds like maybe you should talk to someone about this.

Anyway, assuming you're joking about the above, has your diet changed at all? Maybe people would see this as an old wives' tale, but I definitely have big changes in how deeply I sleep, and how vivid my dreams are, when I eat certain foods. I think it has to do with the food's tryptophan content. You're more likely to feel disoriented when you wake up from an unusually deep sleep.

I've only once had the problem of being paralyzed and trying to scream, and it was definitely terrifying. It also felt like the bed sheets were tightening around me. That's an experience I wouldn't care to repeat, and I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to you.
                      Hehe thanks for the reply, but i was joking about the shotgun part...but when i wake up i really see shadows of devils running around on my walls and ceiling for a good 10 seconds. The only diff thing about my diet is I started eating salads for lunch thats about it. But ya its been happening for the past week, I hope I don't have one tonight its not a friendly feeling as you said

Comment

PFL is right...sounds like night terrors to me too...look it up on google...lots of information out there on those.

Please don't sleep with the shotgun....when you are in that state you aren't consiously aware of what you are doing and you could hurt yourself or someone else. Just remember that there ARE NO DEMONS. ok..you were joking..whew lol.

check out this link and see if this is what your going thru

http://www.nightterrors.org/

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyTheUnicorn
                          Hehe thanks for the reply, but i was joking about the shotgun part...but when i wake up i really see shadows of devils running around on my walls and ceiling for a good 10 seconds. The only diff thing about my diet is I started eating salads for lunch thats about it. But ya its been happening for the past week, I hope I don't have one tonight its not a friendly feeling as you said
                          I don't know about salads, but a lot of garlic and/or milk products used to give me extremely vivid dreams that would continue after I started waking up.

Have you had any big changes in your life recently, or are you sleeping in a different place? Would simply leaving the lights on help at all?

The Donut Shop : A Cop-Friendly Forum

(Please PM me for faster admittance.)

Comment

The most vivid dreams I ever had is when I was quitting smoking. Either the lack of nicotine, or the steady stream from the patches gave me very clear and strange dreams.

Comment

I found this at that nightterror site...maybe it is sleep paralysis?

Sleep Paralysis

The characteristics of sleep paralysis are as follows:

Inability to move or speak for 30 seconds - 3 minutes
                              Speech is difficult or almost impossible
                              Happens before falling asleep or just after waking up
                              Can be hereditary
                              Can be brought on by stress

Sleep paralysis is the experience of waking up (usually form a dream) and feeling paralyzed, except for being able to breathe and move the eyes. Hypnogogic hallucinations and sleep paralysis may occur together. These conditions are common in people with narcolepsy but can also effect others, particularly people who are sleep-deprived. Although a pretty terrifying event, these events are not physically harmful. There are two major types of sleep paralysis: common (typical) also known as CSP and hallucinatory (hypnagogic) sleep paralysis known as HSP.

Differences between CSP and HSP.

CSP is common and universal, HSP is rare and seems to be geographically episodic.
                              CSP is only unnerving for the sleeper but HSP is accompanied by a nightmare like hallucination.
                              CSP is of relatively short duration where HSP can last as long as seven or eight minutes.
                              One of the most important differences between Night Terrors and CSP is that CSPs occurs in Stage one of sleep and Night Terrors occur in stage four.

Different cultures throughout time have interpreted HSPs as different spirits or events.

Ancestral ghosts - Southeast Asians
                              Hag - Irish and Scottish
                              Cats - Chinese
                              Spectral foxes - Japanese
                              Djinn - Arabs
                              Guilt - Romans and the Egyptians
                              Witchcraft - Mexicans
                              Vampires - Europeans
                              Demons - Medieval Europe

HSPs are usually a vision of a small creature that sits on the victims chest. The creature then either compresses the chest or attempts to strangulate the victim. Almost all attacks have been reported by people sleeping on their backs.
                              For additional information check:
                              Trionic Research Institute, http://www.trionica.com

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5956 users online. 314 members and 5642 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X