300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you really want the lotto?

Here is the stories of eight people who lost all of the millions they won in the lotto.

wah...

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...rMillions.aspx
    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Well, I'd like to take that chance!!
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

10-4 just give me the money and lets see how I do...
      Retired 02/01/13

Comment

I'd take the money and disappear.

I like to think that I'd be smart about it, if I ever won a multi-million dollar lottery. Buying tickets would probably increase my chances, though.
        All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

The crackhead. That's the funny one. A crackhead with a million bucks. LOL
          The All New
          BBQ and Goldfish Pond Club
          Sully - IAM Rand - JasperST - L1 - The Tick - EmmaPeel - Columbus - LA Dep - SgtSlaughter - OneAdam12 - Retired96 - Iowa #1603
          - M1Garand

(any BBQ and Goldfish Pond member may nominate another user for membership but just remember ..... this ain't no weenie roast!)

Comment

All I need right now is $75,000 so that I can pay off my car, quit my crappy job, and move out and finish off school without a loan.

Comment

Short answer: YES!

Comment

If i won the lotto..according to how much it is, first thing is buying a decent headstone for my parents

2nd. a rambler style home I'm just a simple person living a simple life..at least trying to. buy a decent truck that runs good,nothing brand new or flashy

I already know how to say No, especially with the 'F' word in front

I already know who my friends are, any new ones who appear will soon disapeear unhappy with no money.

I already know how my siblings are so some may get help if needed but not much. lol

The main problem would be where to store whats left over. I don't really trust banks anymore

Oh yeah and definitely take a vacation to go camping in the mountians
                There Are No Impossible Dreams
                Just The Perception To What's Possible

Comment

I could buy all the hand sanitizer I'd ever need.
                  All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

I for one do not want the lotto. I think I am mature enough to really know how my life would change in many bad ways if I had millions of dollars.

For one, I wouldn't be able to work in LE anymore.

The thought of people calling you all the time for money isn't apealing either.

I would buy a Lamborghini and probably die in it.

I would be a drunk.

I would most likely start smoking again cause of the stress.

Yeah, I can honestly take a step back and look at what my life would be with that amount of money.

Right now, my career keeps me in line, straight as an arrow, and pushing on till retirment with happy thoughts in mind.
                    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

I wouldn't mind it, but I don't think I could spend more then a few million. I would take care of my family, friends, and then help out with problem areas in the community: Boys Club, shelters, and other places like that. Hey I would be taken care of the rest of my life, so why not help out others. Oh I should go back, I guess first I would have a meeting with the IRS/TAX man. Then I would do my thing, and Yes, I would keep working. The only thing my agency would be driving nice new vehicles.
                      Some people were just dropped on their heads as children more than the rest of us!

Comment

If you are a moron and you win a few million dollars, you're still a moron.

Those people seem to fit the description.
                        Cogito ergo summopere periculosus.

Comment

Originally posted by mobrien316
                          If you are a moron and you win a few million dollars, you're still a moron.

Those people seem to fit the description.
                          Well I'm not a moron. But I'm not a business man either.

I think most people can realy step back and look at how big bucks can hurt their life.

I can spend wise, I can penny pinch. But I think I would do better on a budget of $ earned.

I certainly wouldn't gamble it away cause the only thing I would do in Vegas would be getting drunk in quarks bar at the Hilton's star trek experience.

Comment

We have a guy over here who's father died and left him about $10 mil. He's spent most of his time in jail since he got the inheritance. Easy way to explain his behavior... he's a dope on dope.

Me? If I won "The Big One" The first $3-10 mil would be placed in secure investments never to be touched in my lifetime. If

Comment

From someone who's won:

1. (and this is the BIGGEST)-SAY NO! No matter what, say NO. Sit down and decide what you'll do with the winnings BEFORE claiming them. BEFORE.

2. Pay off ALL debts immediately.

3. Invest in high yield investments.

4. Keep saying NO.

It all depends on your priorities, if you're gonna gamble it away, shove it up your nose, in your veins or God knows what other vice is around, then you're going to wind up blowing it all anyways.

Harsh but true.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10486 users online. 496 members and 9990 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X