300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital Cameras

So which kind do you have. My old camera is the Minolta Dimage X and my mom's is a Konica Minolta Dimage 2x.

I am looking on this site for digital cameras.

Digital Camera HQ

I forgot to mention. I am looking for a camera that I can use anywhere I go. I love to take pictures especially at the baseball games. I am looking for a camera that has an extended zoom but is small enough for me to carry in my purse or a small bag. I need the camera to have everything on it : zoom capability,6+ megapixels,auto/manual focus,LCD screen, and shake resisted ( if I am jumping up and down at the baseball games) and I want to take a picture that will allow it to remain still.

Can anyone recommend another brand.
    Last edited by BaseballBabe; 07-11-2006, 12:15 AM.
    "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
    Not Yet Visited: 16
    Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

My department provides cameras for use on duty (digital and poloroid) but checking them out daily or sending someone back to the station to get one gets to be a pain sometimes.

I have a personal camera that I keep in my gear bag. It is the Fugifilm finepix Z1. It has good battery life, lots of memory provided when bought, and is slim. And it comes with a really nice leather cary case for the camera. It is a nice, easy to use camera that is 5.0 MP.

I use it offen for personal photos while on duty (landing operations ect) but what ever I take photo wise for a report gets turned over to the dispatch supervisor to attatch to the report. The last thing I need is some "discoverable evidence" to call me into court on my day off and make my life hell.
    "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

Originally posted by ejay
      My department provides cameras for use on duty (digital and poloroid) but checking them out daily or sending someone back to the station to get one gets to be a pain sometimes.

I have a personal camera that I keep in my gear bag. It is the Fugifilm finepix Z1. It has good battery life, lots of memory provided when bought, and is slim. And it comes with a really nice leather cary case for the camera. It is a nice, easy to use camera that is 5.0 MP.

I use it offen for personal photos while on duty (landing operations ect) but what ever I take photo wise for a report gets turned over to the dispatch supervisor to attatch to the report. The last thing I need is some "discoverable evidence" to call me into court on my day off and make my life hell.

Have you used the camera at night? Have you had any problems with it?
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)

Comment

Yes, I have used it at night. You are always going to have problems at night with cameras. I have used my mag light, spotlight, headlights as a focus point. All you really need is something to focus the camera on before you take the picture. As long as the subject of the photo isn't too far away, the flash on my camera is bright enough to get a good picture in. It has some night features I have yet to explore though.

When I worked EM shift, (night) I tried to find a camera that was great at night photography. But then I realized that when you get one that is good at night, you sacrafice some day quality so I stuck with something that was easy, and durable.

I took this photo about a year and a half ago when I first got the camera to test the quality. It's my wha? photo..lol. (I snuck out the Sgt's Expedition that night)

It's close up, but gives you the idea of a photo taken close up with little or no light.
        As for problems, the only thing is that it comes with 256k of memory which is good for many photos depending on the quality you choose. But it is XD memory. A smaller, upgraded version of the SD memory. It is more expensive to upgrade than buying SD in the same size memory.
        Last edited by ejay; 07-11-2006, 12:35 AM.
        "Get this and get it straight! Crime is a sucker's road and those who travel it wind up in the gutter, the prison, or the grave. There's no other end. They never learn."

Comment

With digital cameras you want to make sure they have a high "Optical Zoom", alot of cameras claim to have a high "Digital Zoom", but when you zoom in on something they become very grainy. 10x optical zoom is good.

I recently purchased a Kodak Z740 with 5.36 mp and 10x optical zoom, paid under three hundred, then paid 50 bucks for 1gb mem card, holds like 600 pics. The 5.36 mp is more than enough, takes great pics and very nice camera. Alot of camera for the money!

Here's a link.
          http://www.shopping.com/xPO-EasyShare_Z740

Here's a link for the Z650, which has 6.1 mp.
          http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Kodak_EasyShare_Z650

Comment

Use tripod always at night ,unless there is ample artificial light 5.0 mp cameras are okay,as all you want to do is depict the most realistic aspect to what you are viewing- better is the 6.0 mp cameras,particularly if they are on the SLR format ,like their 35mm predessors( you can paint by light,longer exposure, better hispeed response) expect some color adjustment probelms and try to avoid light washout-occurs when the flash is too close to a subject.if you have to go to court,make surte you have the "basic" idea of how your camera works-but avoid the technical stuff(the local Dist Atty should understand this also) all you want to do is to testify to when and where and what time you took the photo shots,whether or not they were modified-using programs like adobe /photoshop to enhance clarity ,is NOT the same as "modifying" the photo.Stay away from poloroid ,unless you have the company purchased police add ons to their base camera-too much color and photo distortion.true 1:1 viewing comes with a 50mm lens and many digital cameras these days have auto adjustment sytems
            "we're americans ! We don't quit because we're wrong, we just keep doing it wrong UNTIL it turns out Right"...

Comment

I have a 3 year old Sony Cyber Shot and love it. USB Cable goes straight into computer....so that you can hook it up and email it out without downloading....or go straight from the camera into a file area to save it.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it's older....and only 3.2 Mega Pixs.....

But other than that, it works great and I have used it for personal and duty work and have never had a problem with it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ejay
                (I snuck out the Sgt's Expedition that night)

Shame on you... did you clean up his truck after using it.

I will have to go visit a camera store to check out the different kinds of cameras.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
                  I have a 3 year old Sony Cyber Shot and love it. USB Cable goes straight into computer....so that you can hook it up and email it out without downloading....or go straight from the camera into a file area to save it.

Only thing I don't like about it is that it's older....and only 3.2 Mega Pixs.....

But other than that, it works great and I have used it for personal and duty work and have never had a problem with it at all.

I bet you enjoy taking pictures of womens legs. I couldn't resist that. Ok back on topic. Smacks myself for hijacking my own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DOAcop38
                    Use tripod always at night ,unless there is ample artificial light 5.0 mp cameras are okay,as all you want to do is depict the most realistic aspect to what you are viewing- better is the 6.0 mp cameras,particularly if they are on the SLR format ,like their 35mm predessors( you can paint by light,longer exposure, better hispeed response) expect some color adjustment probelms and try to avoid light washout-occurs when the flash is too close to a subject.if you have to go to court,make surte you have the "basic" idea of how your camera works-but avoid the technical stuff(the local Dist Atty should understand this also) all you want to do is to testify to when and where and what time you took the photo shots,whether or not they were modified-using programs like adobe /photoshop to enhance clarity ,is NOT the same as "modifying" the photo.Stay away from poloroid ,unless you have the company purchased police add ons to their base camera-too much color and photo distortion.true 1:1 viewing comes with a 50mm lens and many digital cameras these days have auto adjustment sytems
                    This camera will be for personal use not for work. But thanks for the tips in case something like this ever happens.

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
                      I bet you enjoy taking pictures of womens legs. I couldn't resist that. Ok back on topic. Smacks myself for hijacking my own thread.
                      Just yours....and maybe a young Lynda Carter....

And yes....when you get one, we expect self pics on here.......

Back on topic.....make sure you get a high resolution so your pics look good. I have heard that any camera above 5.0 mega Pixels is good......

Comment

Whatever you decide on, buy it at Costco. Costco has a little known policy that says, "..if you are ever dissatisfied with one of our products, bring it back for a full refund, no questions asked." (There is no time limit except for computers, which have a six month return window.) I think no one pays attention to the guarantee because it is such a fantastic deal (no one believes it to be true or has the balls to try it).

Some time back I bought a $600 laser fax at Costco. Five years later (more than its projected lifespan) it died on me. Just for the heck of it, I took it back to Costco to see what their reaction would be. The clerk said she was sorry but there was a problem. When i asked what it was, she said that I purchased it with a Discover card, which Costco no longer takes, and asked if it would be too much of an inconvenience if she gave me cash instead of a credit on my card. Since then I have bought all my big ticket items at Costco. It sure beats paying for an extended warranty somewhere else.
                        Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by PPDMO373
                          Just yours....and maybe a young Lynda Carter....

And yes....when you get one, we expect self pics on here.......

Back on topic.....make sure you get a high resolution so your pics look good. I have heard that any camera above 5.0 mega Pixels is good......

In my first post, I put what I was looking for. I definitely want a camera with 6+ megapixels.

Ha ha ..... smart *****
                          Last edited by BaseballBabe; 07-11-2006, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LPI
                            I recently purchased a Kodak Z740 with 5.36 mp and 10x optical zoom, paid under three hundred, then paid 50 bucks for 1gb mem card, holds like 600 pics. The 5.36 mp is more than enough, takes great pics and very nice camera. Alot of camera for the money!

Here's a link.
                            http://www.shopping.com/xPO-EasyShare_Z740

Here's a link for the Z650, which has 6.1 mp.
                            http://www.shopping.com/xPO-Kodak_EasyShare_Z650
                            I also recently purchased the Kodak Z740 and I have been really pleased with it. It has a lot of features for taking pics at night, in bright light, etc and the quality of the pics is consistently great.

Comment

I have researched all the cameras. So the best two I have seen and liked are from Canon and Kodak. I went to Costco today but not all the cameras online were at the Costco I live near.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7747 users online. 366 members and 7381 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X