300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Cards

I am averaging about 10 to 12 letters a week now telling me I am pre-approved for various credit cards. Chase Bank, Citi-Bank, American Express, etc.... I would rather they simply deposit the 40 cents it costs them to print, package and mail this letter to me into may PayPal account.

But anyhow, if I am already pre-approved why didn't they just go ahead and send the credit cards to me in the first place, rather than my having to sign the document and send it back to them?

And what's this foolishness about my interest rate can either be 7.99%, 9.99%, 11.99% 13.99% or 17.99%, depending on my credit worthiness? If I was already pre-approved don't they know my credit worthiness?

And what's this $29 late fee if you mail a payment late? And mailing a payment late gives them the right to jack your interest rate up to 28.99%? WTF? It's not my fault if the Post Office loses my payment for 2 weeks and then finally gets it to them late.

I feel sorry for people mailing all these credit card applications back in. It's like these credit card companies have a big pot of boiling water on the stove. They toss you in by giving you a credit card. Once you're cooking, they stick a fork in you!

People, rip those letters in half and toss them in the trash can!

Originally posted by SHERIFF
    Never had a credit card and most likley will never, but I even get those letters that I use the envelope to write something on like phone numbers than later I shred them..page by page
    There Are No Impossible Dreams
    Just The Perception To What's Possible

Comment

Originally posted by SHERIFF
      I am averaging about 10 to 12 letters a week now telling me I am pre-approved for various credit cards. Chase Bank, Citi-Bank, American Express, etc.... I would rather they simply deposit the 40 cents it costs them to print, package and mail this letter to me into may PayPal account.

But anyhow, if I am already pre-approved why didn't they just go ahead and send the credit cards to me in the first place, rather than my having to sign the document and send it back to them?

And what's this foolishness about my interest rate can either be 7.99%, 9.99%, 11.99% 13.99% or 17.99%, depending on my credit worthiness? If I was already pre-approved don't they know my credit worthiness?

And what's this $29 late fee if you mail a payment late? And mailing a payment late gives them the right to jack your interest rate up to 28.99%? WTF? It's not my fault if the Post Office loses my payment for 2 weeks and then finally gets it to them late.

I feel sorry for people mailing all these credit card applications back in. It's like these credit card companies have a big pot of boiling water on the stove. They toss you in by giving you a credit card. Once you're cooking, they stick a fork in you!

Hey Sheriff- How do you spell "my" again.

I would much rather not get all of those things. I could do without credit cards. I only want one for every kind of use and give me my frequent flier mileages with it.
      "A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives." - Jackie Robinson

*UPDATED* Visited: 14 (Arizona Diamondbacks, L.A. Dodgers, L.A. Angels, S.D. Padres,Atlanta Braves, Tampa Bay Rays, Florida Marlins, N.Y. Yankees, N.Y. Mets, Boston Red Soxs, Washington Nationals,Seattle Mariners,Oakland A's and the S.F. Giants.)
      Not Yet Visited: 16
      Baseball Hall of Fame- Visited

Comment

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
        Hey Sheriff- How do you spell "my" again.

In french............. mon.

Comment

Sheriff,

What is even more fun to do with those Credit card offers is to take and mail junk mail back to them. They do not have your name on it anywhere, and guess what the Credit card company has to pay for you to mail the junk mail to them.
          GO ROCKIESsigpic

Comment

I only get a few in the mail. The majority of them have someone who barely speaks English call me. They don't seem to understand what no means. I slammed the phone back onto the receiver on the last guy because I repeatedly told him that I wasn't interested and finally lost it when he called me "sir." I am not a guy!

Comment

Originally posted by articpatrol
              Sheriff,

What is even more fun to do with those Credit card offers is to take and mail junk mail back to them. They do not have your name on it anywhere, and guess what the Credit card company has to pay for you to mail the junk mail to them.
              I've heard of this..but never have done it..think i may just for some new fun lol

Comment

Originally posted by Slowing-Dee
                I only get a few in the mail. The majority of them have someone who barely speaks English call me. They don't seem to understand what no means. I slammed the phone back onto the receiver on the last guy because I repeatedly told him that I wasn't interested and finally lost it when he called me "sir." I am not a guy!
                Do you have your number registered with the DO NOT CALL list?

We had a call for my sister. The guy asked for her..wasn't here.asked for MRS _______, wasnt here (same last name as sister) than he asked for mister (her Husband)and I figured it was a salesperson fishing for info so i just said 'NONE' of them are here. He started laughing thinking my sister had many husbands. So Be it

Comment

I had a buddy of mine tell me how he got the credit card compaines to stop sending him any application.

He'd take a shoebox, fill it with sand, and then tape the return enevelope ("Postage will be paid by addressee") on top. Dunno if he was BSing or not- but sounds like a good idea to me.
                  You have no right to not be offended.-Neal Boortz

Comment

I look at all the ones I get and laugh.

They don't want me as a customer. I carry a $0 balance for a reason. The interest they charge is criminal. Well, it should be criminal anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by articpatrol
                      Sheriff,

That's always good fun. Also it ****es me off when I buy a magazine and every other page has an order form postcard. I went back through all of my old magazines and ripped them out and sent a stack of them that was literally one foot high. They are all postage paid

Comment

Originally posted by Centurion44
                        I had a buddy of mine tell me how he got the credit card compaines to stop sending him any application.

He'd take a shoebox, fill it with sand, and then tape the return enevelope ("Postage will be paid by addressee") on top. Dunno if he was BSing or not- but sounds like a good idea to me.
                        Someone once told me to put the return address on the envelope where you'd usually put the send to address and the send to address where you'd normally put the return address and don't put a stamp on it. That way you don't pay for postage and it goes to where you want it to. I've never tried it; it sounds like mail fraud to me.

Comment

Don't tear them in half and throw them away. Put them through a shredder so someone can't get it out of your trash and do the identity theft thing.
                          Three Stripes beats Four Aces.
                          Retirement: You've Won the War when you're Paid to Stay at Home.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOSupporter
                            Never had a credit card and most likley will never,
                            I used to feel that way until my water pump blew one evening when I was driving across the state, coming home from visiting relatives. I had no credit cards and the garage refused to take a personal check. I had just enough cash in my wallet to pay for a motel room but had no money left for dinner or breakfast the next day. The following morning I had to go to a local bank and arrange for them to transfer money to me from my bank, which was 200 miles away. Only then could I get my car fixed and get home.

Once I got home I applied for every credit card I could get. To this day, I only charge necessities or things I can afford, and I always pay my credit card bills in full at the end of the month.
                            Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by L-1
                              I used to feel that way until my water pump blew one evening when I was driving across the state, coming home from visiting relatives. I had no credit cards and the garage refused to take a personal check. I had just enough cash in my wallet to pay for a motel room but had no money left for dinner or breakfast the next day. The following morning I had to go to a local bank and arrange for them to transfer money to me from my bank, which was 200 miles away. Only then could I get my car fixed and get home.

Once I got home I applied for every credit card I could get. To this day, I only charge necessities or things I can afford, and I always pay my credit card bills in full at the end of the month.
                              That and I don't know how else you're supposed to build up good credit

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5622 users online. 389 members and 5233 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X