300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 Players and Music Downloads

Right Now I own some low-end Irivers and thinking about buying an Apple Ipod but the price kinda scares me away. Irivers just don't hold enough music(ones I have).
    I used the new Napster but have been having tech problems since they seem to ignore my emails for help. I know there are lots more music-sharing/rippingt sites out there.

Now since MP3 players are the shiznit and more people are buying them I'd like threads of advice from owners and users of music download software. Whats the best, how'd you like, and any tips/tricks.

P.S. If you don't know what a MP3 Player is, just ask your kids.

TGY
    Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Ipods are EVIL!! The battery can't be removed and the battery wears about at about 18-20 months so then you have to go out and buy a new Ipod.

Comment

I have a 5 gig Dell mp3 player and its a pretty tough little unit. It has survived many falls when i am riding my bike and it has been stepped on quite a few times. If you are looking for legit mp3 sites there is musicmatch, itunes, and napster. They are about the big 3 I think. Napster might be the way to go though. You can pay $15 a month and fill your mp3 player, where other sites you have to pay .99 a song. The only downfall to napster is you have to maintain a subscription with them in order to keep listening to the music. Did you make sure your mp3 player will work with napster?
      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Love the little MP3 player, great quality music, or you can use it in record mode, leave it in your top pocket and get a clear record of all your days/nights transactions.

Comment

Any consensus on which people like better?

I have been looking at the new Apple Ipod nano to purchase but I don't know shiat about Ipods or MP3's for that matter. I'm not too worried about downloading songs from the net as I have a ton of cd's I can download

Help
          Just shut your damn hole

Dead Souls-----They keep calling me

Comment

Ive had a Ipod for about 2 years. I will agree with Spee-dee about the battery not being very good. However, I use mine in my squad and keep it plugged, so its not a problem for me. I love everything else else about it.

Comment

I have no complaints about my dell. when i bought it it was cheaper than the ipod. i like the scroll wheel on the dell better than how you do it on the ipod...thats just me though
              si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Chiller
                Any consensus on which people like better?

I have been looking at the new Apple Ipod nano to purchase but I don't know shiat about Ipods or MP3's for that matter. I'm not too worried about downloading songs from the net as I have a ton of cd's I can download

Help

I have that same question. I was set on an Ipod Mini/Nano but after looking at price/what I get the iRiver H10 looks like a better choice. With the Iriver H10 I can get the same features and be able to use other sources besides iTunes (Napster, Yahoo, etc) and upload photos. The IPod has a higher "coolness" factor though.........

TGY
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

I have a Rio Forge 256MB + 256MB card that I like a lot. The armband mount holds it securely and the headphones have an over-the-ear clip that is particularly useful when mowing the lawn, rollerblading, etc. You can use rechargable or alkaline batteries and they last a long time (more than 20 hours a pair). It has an AM/FM tuner in case you need radio, and it can play WMV and MP3 formats and others too.

The coolness factor is lacking compared to an Apple, but then again someone's going to try harder to steal an Apple than my Rio so I'm fine with that.

AvgJoe
                  Be careful, kids. Daddy's summer car is like the Ark of the Covanent - if you touch it, you will surely die.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3386 users online. 193 members and 3193 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X