Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Happy Thanksgiving!

    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians on here.

    Being that this weekend is Operation Impact all across Canadian, there's probably a lot more police officers working than usual too. Thank-you to all those who are out working instead of being at home for dinner with their families.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians on here.

    Being that this weekend is Operation Impact all across Canadian, there's probably a lot more police officers working than usual too. Thank-you to all those who are out working instead of being at home for dinner with their families.
    IS Walmart Closed Today?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Medea
      IS Walmart Closed Today?
      Wal-Mart closed? No, they're open today. I work this evening. They are, however, closing an hour earlier.

      Comment


      • #4
        Happy Thanksgiving!

        Whats the traditional Canadian Thanksgiving meal ....same as over here? anything different?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Styx
          Happy Thanksgiving!

          Whats the traditional Canadian Thanksgiving meal ....same as over here? anything different?
          Turkey, Stuffing, potatos, yams, ham, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc. Is that the same as over there? I'm still trying to figure out the true origin of Thanksgiving here.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Spee-Dee
            Turkey, Stuffing, potatos, yams, ham, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, etc. Is that the same as over there? I'm still trying to figure out the true origin of Thanksgiving here.
            Pretty much the same. At my home in Southern Texas, we had bread stuffing and a stuffing made with ground meat and raisins. Its a regional thing. It is awesome; I am the only one who likes it in my family, though. Naturally, we have tamales , as well. But that is usually the once you get sick of Turkey meal......sometimes just a morning treat before the major feast. Tamales are always good and we will use any holiday as an excuse to order too many.

            Hmm...Thanksgiving in Canada.....can't help you. My family in Mexico does not celebrate Thanksgiving...their big holiday for giving Thanks is Christmas.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Styx
              Pretty much the same. At my home in Southern Texas, we had bread stuffing and a stuffing made with ground meat and raisins. Its a regional thing. It is awesome; I am the only one who likes it in my family, though. Naturally, we have tamales , as well. But that is usually the once you get sick of Turkey meal......sometimes just a morning treat before the major feast. Tamales are always good and we will use any holiday as an excuse to order too many.

              Hmm...Thanksgiving in Canada.....can't help you. My family in Mexico does not celebrate Thanksgiving...their big holiday for giving Thanks is Christmas.
              I guess Thanksgiving here is a matter of two perspectives of two groups of people.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                I guess Thanksgiving here is a matter of two perspectives of two groups of people.
                True......Once again, Happy Thanksgiving and dont eat too much!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Styx
                  True......Once again, Happy Thanksgiving and dont eat too much!
                  Too late and now I have to go to work on a stomach full of turkey. Hopefully I won't fall asleep in the toilet paper at work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                    Too late and now I have to go to work on a stomach full of turkey. Hopefully I won't fall asleep in the toilet paper at work.
                    Walmart is now open from 1pm to 6pm on Christmas Day in the Mid-South,and its usually full of people.What would small town America be without a Walmart to go to!A trip back in time, when the Blue Law ruled the land 1960's and into mid 1980's

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by The Colonel(44)
                      Walmart is now open from 1pm to 6pm on Christmas Day in the Mid-South,and its usually full of people.What would small town America be without a Walmart to go to!A trip back in time, when the Blue Law ruled the land 1960's and into mid 1980's
                      Are you serious? That makes me mad. Why on earth does Wal-Mart need to be open on Christmas Day? Even Tim Hortons which is usually open 24/7 is closed before Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve. What has become of society? Wal-Mart has ruined it.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                        Are you serious? That makes me mad. Why on earth does Wal-Mart need to be open on Christmas Day? Even Tim Hortons which is usually open 24/7 is closed before Wal-Mart on Christmas Eve. What has become of society? Wal-Mart has ruined it.
                        Walmart is nothing but a Huge Retail Sink Hole,It help Kill off,rural America how you ask?Take a drive out in the country backroads and start counting how many Mom&Pop business are no longer in operation and some small Towns!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Medea
                          Walmart is nothing but a Huge Retail Sink Hole,It help Kill off,rural America how you ask?Take a drive out in the country backroads and start counting how many Mom&Pop business are no longer in operation and some small Towns!
                          I used to work at Canadian Tire across the street from Wal-Mart. Before Wal-Mart moved over next to it, CT was always closed on New Years Day, but now that Wal-Mart is across the street and open on NYD, Canadian Tire is open in order to compete with them. I feel bad for the CT employees.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                            I used to work at Canadian Tire across the street from Wal-Mart. Before Wal-Mart moved over next to it, CT was always closed on New Years Day, but now that Wal-Mart is across the street and open on NYD, Canadian Tire is open in order to compete with them. I feel bad for the CT employees.
                            Its the Greed $$$ in the eyes of Coperation's striving to out do one another.And the working class such as yourself,are caught in the crosshairs. Reduced pay, no benefits,and having to deal with the abrasive attitudes of the coustomer! and having to work holidays that were once scared now non exitent!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Medea
                              Its the Greed $$$ in the eyes of Coperation's striving to out do one another.And the working class such as yourself,are caught in the crosshairs. Reduced pay, no benefits,and having to deal with the abrasive attitudes of the coustomer! and having to work holidays that were once scared now non exitent!!!!!!!!!

                              I know. Here we're not allowed to book off Dec. 24 or 26 because they're so busy which makes going anywhere for Christmas pretty much impossible unless I want to be unsafe and drive at bad times and increase my speed above the posted speed limit on icy roads.

                              Last year I had to work until 6:30 (30 minutes AFTER the store closed) on Christmas Eve and my mom insisted that they must go to Christmas Eve. mass at 7:00. There was no way I could be home and ready to go to church in time for 7:00. When I asked the manager if I could leave early right after I counted my till down so that I could go to church with my family she told me that it was impossible because the store was such a mess and needed to be cleaned. I ended up not being able to go. When I started working I used to be a Christmas and Easter Catholic. Now that I work at Wal-Mart I can't even be one of those.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 5307 users online. 304 members and 5003 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X