Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a good gift idea

.,/.,lkmhs35 fjjhg
    Last edited by TPD506; 05-12-2018, 10:00 AM.
    Fight until hell freezes over, then fight on ICE!

A rechargeable Mag-Lite. It will last her whole career, and it's probably the most-used piece of equipment I carry, other than the radio.
    Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I agree with the flashlight idea, however I'd go with something a little smaller like a rechargable Stinger or something on that order.
      Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

Originally posted by keith758
        I agree with the flashlight idea, however I'd go with something a little smaller like a rechargable Stinger or something on that order.
        Both would actually be preferable. I carry a Stinger on my belt, and have the Mag-Lite in the cruiser. I was searching an abandoned nursing home one night for a robbery/rape suspect when my Mag-Lite went dead in the boiler room (pitch black). I was mighty happy to have the Stinger as a backup.
        Talk sense to a fool, and he will call you foolish - Euripides

Comment

I already had bought a flashlight while going through the academy. For building searches and that portion of the academy. I would bet your friend already has one. You may want to check.

I think a good pair of sunglasses would be a nice gift. Like Oakleys.
          If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Originally posted by TPD506
            I have a very close "friend" of mine that is graduating the academy in December. I'm trying to come up with a special gift to get her, but thus far I just haven't found anything, or come up with any great ideas. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!
            Brad
            Check with her to fond out what gear has been issued.

In my case, I received almost everything I needed from the department. SOme items I've purchased or received as gifts: nice pen set fot my uniforms, gloves, UA shirts (they are a must, especially in humid hot areas), lagre stainless steel coffee mug!

Comment

Originally posted by TPD506
              I have a very close "friend" of mine that is graduating the academy in December. I'm trying to come up with a special gift to get her, but thus far I just haven't found anything, or come up with any great ideas. Anybody have a suggestion?

Thanks!
              Brad
              How much money $$ do you want to spend?

Comment

What about a personalized type gift?

http://www.personalcreations.com/ I bought a desk name thing for my wife who is a paralegal. She seemed to like it a lot.

Or maybe some type of collectable http://www.chiefsupply.com/gifts_police_collect.phtml

http://police.collectiblestoday.com/..._pol_front.jsp
                Last edited by safetyobc; 10-10-2005, 01:00 PM.

Comment

My husband gave me a Saint Michael charm medal on a gold chain. On the back he had a message engraved. I wear it tucked under my shirt.
                  My parents gave me a guardian angel pin that I wear under the flap of my uniform shirt.
                  These were very special gifts to me.
                  I think she would really like either of them

Comment

There is a lot of police Novelty - funny Knick-knacks that you could get her. T-shirt, fuzzy handcuffs (I dont know what type of "freind" this is )

One pretty cool thing that my parents gave me was a nicely framed police officers prayer... I hung it right above my uniform stand. Every night when I put on my uniform before work the saying is right in front of me...

It reads....

Lord, I ask for courage- courage to face and conquer my own fears...
                    Courage to take me where others will not go....
                    I ask for strength- strength of body to protect others and strength of spirit to lead others...
                    I ask for dedication- dedication to my job, to do it well, dedication to my community, to keep it safe...
                    And please lord, through it all, be at my side...
                    Retired 02/01/13

Comment

Originally posted by safetyobc

Or maybe some type of collectable http://www.chiefsupply.com/gifts_police_collect.phtml

I like the motor cop with the angel behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigcop97
                        There is a lot of police Novelty - funny Knick-knacks that you could get her. T-shirt, fuzzy handcuffs (I dont know what type of "freind" this is )

One pretty cool thing that my parents gave me was a nicely framed police officers prayer... I hung it right above my uniform stand. Every night when I put on my uniform before work the saying is right in front of me...

It reads....

Lord, I ask for courage- courage to face and conquer my own fears...
                        Courage to take me where others will not go....
                        I ask for strength- strength of body to protect others and strength of spirit to lead others...
                        I ask for dedication- dedication to my job, to do it well, dedication to my community, to keep it safe...
                        And please lord, through it all, be at my side...
                        I've never heard that before. I like it.
                        If you ever have sprained ankle, give me a call.

Comment

Gift Idea

One of the best gifts I ever got was a birthday gift from my dad... he sent me a stinger executive series mini flashlight. He said he totally thought of me when he sent it because it actually said on the packaging "scalloped edge for pain compliance". I guess it was because it was something thoughtful that my dad knew I would like...not to mention it comes in handy at work. The rookies all carry the little lights now anyway and "el-kabong" (my rechargable mag-lite) stays in the car a lot more now I have a light to hook to my belt.

Comment

Originally posted by NJladyGlock21
                            My husband gave me a Saint Michael charm medal on a gold chain. On the back he had a message engraved. I wear it tucked under my shirt.
                            My parents gave me a guardian angel pin that I wear under the flap of my uniform shirt.
                            These were very special gifts to me.
                            I think she would really like either of them
                            Or a Saint Jude medal, the patron saint of lost causes and cops.

Have you ever wondered how they got those two items together?
                            Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                            between you
                            and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

hand cuff's

handcuff's just like in a sci fi movie seem to grow leggs

and walk away on their own.....lost or mis placed or pilfered...

www.schackdaddy.com
                              " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
                              " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3101 users online. 187 members and 2914 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X