Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK I posted this in the Sqaud room Now its here too.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK I posted this in the Sqaud room Now its here too.

Ok I have been at this job over 10 years now and have seen alot of uh different things and weird calls. But today I was given a call that went like this - Dispatch to unit 7... Caller reporting a tan Ford Explorer north on Route .. Caller is uh reporting a uh a uh A bumper sticker that reads something like-If its too loud, too bad. And the caller doesnt like that bumper sticker"
    ME " Does the caller want to speak or meet with me about this uh the offending bumper sticker?"
    Dispatch NO...
    Me- CLear the call dispatch. Back in service

WTF is wrong with some people out there??? A bumper sticker merits a 9-1-1 call Every day something else to rack up on the I cant stand some people meter...

damn, no one has anything to say??????? wow,, thats a first.

Comment

I'm glad there is someone weird-ER then I am. Hehe......makes me feel relieved.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
        damn, no one has anything to say??????? wow,, thats a first.
        But I was saying something and you interrupted me. How dare YOU, DAMN it!!

Comment

Originally posted by toni_tk
          But I was saying something and you interrupted me. How dare YOU, DAMN it!!

sorry,

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
            WTF is wrong with some people out there??? A bumper sticker merits a 9-1-1 call Every day something else to rack up on the I cant stand some people meter...

Comment

YGBSM.....

That beats the 911 call our dispatch got a couple weeks back to report a loud party.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

I think it's time to start tracing numbers and handing out $500 fines for calling 911 for bogus reasons.

Comment

People are stupid.
                  All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Soleil_nuage
                    Sounds like the caller is looney tunes or pulling a prank. Why did the dispatcher even bother telling you about it?
                    Crazy as the calls can be, our policy is to put the call out anyway. Our dispatchers know when a call is verrrrrrrrry low priority and will stack it waaaaaaaay down on the call list. However, sometimes it's just fun to actually hear those kinds of calls over the air.
                    Jerry
                    "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

Originally posted by jerrymaccauley
                      Crazy as the calls can be, our policy is to put the call out anyway. Our dispatchers know when a call is verrrrrrrrry low priority and will stack it waaaaaaaay down on the call list. However, sometimes it's just fun to actually hear those kinds of calls over the air.
                      YEs true they do have to dispatch any call. BUT what is wrong with people that they have NO life that they call An EMERGENCY line for a bumper sticker. My dispatchers cant even hold onto a call if its near shift change, in the city calls would be held for the next shift unless its a priority call , a barking DOG complaint shoudl NOT result in 30 minutes overtime.... Nor should a bumper sticker even make it on the air, though it was funny..
                      I got nothing for now

Comment

Sounds like something my brothers wife would do.....

Comment

Originally posted by Welpe
                          That beats the 911 call our dispatch got a couple weeks back to report a loud party.
                          That is rare for you? We get 911 calls all the time for loud parties. At least two on the weekends alone.

Don't people know how to look up the non-emergency numbers these days? I think it's the first page in the phone book for cryin out loud.
                          It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....Hit it!

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitMPD
                            That is rare for you? We get 911 calls all the time for loud parties. At least two on the weekends alone.

Don't people know how to look up the non-emergency numbers these days? I think it's the first page in the phone book for cryin out loud.
                            WEll some places dont have a non-emergency line. I dont have a problem with that its just that the call should NOT be dispatched. Loud parties YES, bumper sticker HECK NO. Baltimore I think has a non emer. line, maybe NY also. Pittsburgh area NO...
                            I got nothing for now

Comment

Originally posted by e-man
                              WEll some places dont have a non-emergency line. I dont have a problem with that its just that the call should NOT be dispatched. Loud parties YES, bumper sticker HECK NO. Baltimore I think has a non emer. line, maybe NY also. Pittsburgh area NO...
                              The problem is when a dispatcher mistakenly believes a call to be bogus then we find out something bad happened later. It's one of the PIA* parts of the job. * PIA=pain in ***
                              Jerry
                              "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5890 users online. 319 members and 5571 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X