300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Factor

Did anyone else see last nights Factor w/ Bill O'Reilly (Mon. !0/3/05)?

He was arguing with General Wesley Clark over the release of additional Abu Grail prison photos and how that release would lead to further American soldiers being killed in Iraq...so far so good...that was obvioulsy well-intended...however he then goes on to argue that the chain of command bears the burden of responsilbity for this and other "atrocities" as it has in the past and he began to cite VietNam with Lt. Calley and Capt. Medina having given the orders to shoot at My Lai...again true...But then he included the "82nd airborne at Malmedy"....... to my horror General Clark doesn't catch this and just lets him keep talking...this is particulary sad since Clark is a former NATO commander and 32 yr US Army veteran.
    For those of you you don't know:
    The 82 Airborne Div. was not responsible for the Malmedy Massacre which happened on 17 Dec. 1944 where lead elements of the Waffen SS machine-gunned about 100 American soldiers captured at the start of the Battle of the Bulge.

Mr O'Reilly who I used to enjoy watching has become just another Pompous *** who doesn't know what he's talking about....I suppose he never did.

The comment rankled me because my Uncle was KIA 20 Sept. 1944 near Neimagen, Holland 505 PIR/ 82nd Airborne and my father was in the 3rd INF/ 106th Inf. Div. at the end of the Bulge.

Originally posted by jerseyshorecop
    Did anyone else see last nights Factor w/ Bill O'Reilly (Mon. !0/3/05)?

He was arguing with General Wesley Clark over the release of additional Abu Grail prison photos and how that release would lead to further American soldiers being killed in Iraq...so far so good...that was obvioulsy well-intended...however he then goes on to argue that the chain of command bears the burden of responsilbity for this and other "atrocities" as it has in the past and he began to cite VietNam with Lt. Calley and Capt. Medina having given the orders to shoot at My Lai...again true...But then he included the "82nd airborne at Malmedy"....... to my horror General Clark doesn't catch this and just lets him keep talking...this is particulary sad since Clark is a former NATO commander and 32 yr US Army veteran.
    For those of you you don't know:
    The 82 Airborne Div. was not responsible for the Malmedy Massacre which happened on 17 Dec. 1944 where lead elements of the Waffen SS machine-gunned about 100 American soldiers captured at the start of the Battle of the Bulge.

Mr O'Reilly who I used to enjoy watching has become just another Pompous *** who doesn't know what he's talking about....I suppose he never did.

The comment rankled me because my Uncle was KIA 20 Sept. 1944 near Neimagen, Holland 505 PIR/ 82nd Airborne and my father was in the 3rd INF/ 106th Inf. Div. at the end of the Bulge.
    Has Bill OReally ever served in the Military and Iam not talking behind a Typewriter,but actually on the front lines of combat or conflict

Comment

jersey that is a pretty glaring error! Did you e-mail O'Reily about his huge screw up?

Also, the sacrifice of your uncle has not been forgotten. Check out this website:

http://www.wwiiadt.com/

These guys jump from a WWII Era C-47 in commemoration of the American Airborne. I have several good friends that do this and I might be getting into it soon.
      Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

that dude is on psych meds.....
        one minute he talks with sense, the next like a babblin crack head....

www.schackdaddy.com
        " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
        " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Malmedy and the 82nd

I watched for a retraction tonight and seeing none I e-mailed O'Reilly after rechecking the video clip that they had up on the factor website...if you watch it it's the interview with Gen Wesley Clark from Oct. 3rd the clip is more than 8 mins long and the remark is about 1:05 before the end....there is no error...O'Reilly blames the Malmedy Massacre on the 82nd Airborne Div.....

Comment

The Factor

Just an update for anyone interested....I never did get an answer from O'Reilly or the Factor....I know the Ghost of Jimmy Gavin will have a bone to pick with Bill O'Reilly on judgement Day.
            Last edited by jerseyshorecop; 10-20-2005, 03:11 AM.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this Jersey....not surprised however. Fortunately there are people who remember how history actually was and what those brave men did.
              Hail hail the gang's all here, when the going gets tough I know my friends will still be there. - Drop Kick Murphys, "The Gang's all Here"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4890 users online. 282 members and 4608 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X