Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Spanish Language Course

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best Spanish Language Course

    Any reccomendations on a good CD course to learn Spanish? I've checked some of them out, and they can be quite expensive (several hundred dollars). Anyone have experience with them?

    FYI, I'm a beginner and know only the basic greetings. Other than an occasional vacation to Mexico, I don't have much exposure to the language.
    You can now follow me on twitter.

  • #2
    You need to PM Styx she is part mexican and speaks the language,she can give advice as where to get the information you requested.

    Comment


    • #3
      Actually, Medea....I am full bloodied...no parts of anything in me! (smilie would be here if my smilies worked)

      My husband had a Spanish computer program called "Learning Spanish"
      My parents' Spanish is a lot better than mine and when they saw it, even they were impressed. It had actual video of people talking; which actually helps. I think it even had audio CD's for you to take in the car and listen to. That helps with vocabulary and then simple conversation.
      Audio Cd's are fine if you know more than basics, but watching people speak it helps greatly. A computer program with a video option would be best.....with some CD to help.

      Most of those programs cost mucho dinero......look for the ones that have rebates.

      How much do you want to learn ? PBS has a show called Standard Deviants and their Spanish shows are pretty darn good. I am not sure if its PBS that has that show, but you could do a Google search and find out. I have watched a few times to help me remember things I have forgotten since I dont speak Spanish much anymore....shame on me.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Styx
        Actually, Medea....I am full bloodied...no parts of anything in me! (smilie would be here if my smilies worked)

        My husband had a Spanish computer program called "Learning Spanish"
        My parents' Spanish is a lot better than mine and when they saw it, even they were impressed. It had actual video of people talking; which actually helps. I think it even had audio CD's for you to take in the car and listen to. That helps with vocabulary and then simple conversation.
        Audio Cd's are fine if you know more than basics, but watching people speak it helps greatly. A computer program with a video option would be best.....with some CD to help.

        Most of those programs cost mucho dinero......look for the ones that have rebates.

        How much do you want to learn ? PBS has a show called Standard Deviants and their Spanish shows are pretty darn good. I am not sure if its PBS that has that show, but you could do a Google search and find out. I have watched a few times to help me remember things I have forgotten since I dont speak Spanish much anymore....shame on me.
        Ecuse Me Styx I was not really sure of your Heritage!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Medea
          Ecuse Me Styx I was not really sure of your Heritage!
          No need to apologize.
          You could not have possibly known that it bothers me when people say I am half Mexican when I am actually full blooded. No skin off my nose..really!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Styx
            No need to apologize.
            You could not have possibly known that it bothers me when people say I am half Mexican when I am actually full blooded. No skin off my nose..really!
            My nice married a Full bloodied South American from Ecuador,I asked her to teach me some swear words I can use on certain people that get under my skin not on o.com but in the Flesh Baby!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by SlowDownThere
              Any reccomendations on a good CD course to learn Spanish? I've checked some of them out, and they can be quite expensive (several hundred dollars). Anyone have experience with them?

              FYI, I'm a beginner and know only the basic greetings. Other than an occasional vacation to Mexico, I don't have much exposure to the language.
              Hola amigo, If you have the time, I would go ahead and take a beginner college course and get the credits. It will give you the chance to immerse yourself in the language and learn conversational spanish. Then you can also find out which are the best software programs and audio cds on the market from your teacher.
              Blame it on the Trunk Monkey!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Wow, Thanks....

                I didn't expect so many replies, and such detailed replies.

                The Wall Street Journal had an article a few weeks ago about the Rosetta Stone series. They were impressed with it. Apparently, it uses a different approach than most, one in which you learn the language in real situations, rather than learning vocabulary and grammar and syntax seperatley.

                Thanks again for all you help. I got a few PM's on this also, and thanks to you too.
                You can now follow me on twitter.

                Comment

                MR300x250 Tablet

                Collapse

                What's Going On

                Collapse

                There are currently 4350 users online. 269 members and 4081 guests.

                Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                Welcome Ad

                Collapse
                Working...
                X