300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it make anyone else mad?

Well today when I went home for lunch I was greeted by the scrawniest little black lab puppy I have ever seen. I could see every rib and vertebrae on him. He stunk real bad and had a collar on that was way too tight. I turned him over to animal control, hopefully someone will adopt him, he looked like a pure bred black lab, which here he will probably be, since everyone loves to hunt. I just can't believe people can do that to animals. I wish I knew who owned him so I could go "talk" with them. My dog can make me mad sometimes but dang I could never do that to him. Sorry had to rant somewhere.
    si vis pacem para bellum

I saw a man on my block abuse a dog.He was kicking him
    really hard.He saw me and brought the dog out of my line of vision,but I still heard the poor doggie's yelps.I wished I was a man for 15 minutes just so I could beat the crap out of this guy.

Comment

pepper spray in the eye

Comment

I went to a "disturbance" call that ended up being a fight involving about 4 people. They all lived together, 19-22 years old. During our investigation, we found a dead dog next to a bed in the apartment; his skull was totally crushed, eyeballs falling out. It turns out one of the jackasses got annoyed with him and "field goaled that f$#@er." He kicked him so hard he "flew up in the air about two feet," and his skull was crushed. Now that's a jackass. The cruelty to animals ended up being a felony; whereas, the assault charges from when he punched a person were misdemeanors.

He didn't think it was any big deal to have killed the dog that way...so he bragged about it during a mirandized interview (where do you think I got those great quotes?).
        MAC

Comment

Originally posted by Bklngirl
          I saw a man on my block abuse a dog.He was kicking him
          really hard.He saw me and brought the dog out of my line of vision,but I still heard the poor doggie's yelps.I wished I was a man for 15 minutes just so I could beat the crap out of this guy.

A swift kick to the balls would do
          "OBSTACLES ARE THOSE FRIGHTFUL THING YOU SEE WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR EYES OFF YOUR GOAL" HENRY FORD

Comment

Originally posted by mac266
            I went to a "disturbance" call that ended up being a fight involving about 4 people. They all lived together, 19-22 years old. During our investigation, we found a dead dog next to a bed in the apartment; his skull was totally crushed, eyeballs falling out. It turns out one of the jackasses got annoyed with him and "field goaled that f$#@er." He kicked him so hard he "flew up in the air about two feet," and his skull was crushed. Now that's a jackass. The cruelty to animals ended up being a felony; whereas, the assault charges from when he punched a person were misdemeanors.

He didn't think it was any big deal to have killed the dog that way...so he bragged about it during a mirandized interview (where do you think I got those great quotes?).
            the b***ard

Comment

I found a Black Lab in a home was with a half inch collar inbedded into his neck skin, the smell alone from the infection almost made me sick.

Why are people that lazy I dont know all they had to do was loosen the collar, I am still awaiting the court case but I took lots of good pics and the vet who removed it wrote up a nice statement for me. I hope he get the max.
              John D. MacDonald, "The early bird who catches the worm works for someone who comes in late and owns the worm farm."

Comment

The more I know people, the better I like dogs.
                Kelly

We are the thin blue line
                between you
                and all the money in the world.

And no you can't have any.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sgkelly
                  The more I know people, the better I like dogs.
                  me too..i think i am gonna go bust him out of the pound today and try and find him a home.
                  si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                    me too..i think i am gonna go bust him out of the pound today and try and find him a home.

There you go Double 00, bail out your new best friend and take it home.

Comment

the only problem is my current buddy is a 120 lb golden retriever, who doesn't take too kindly to other critters. So my home would be temporary.
                      si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Well I figured I would update everyone on my new little buddy. He has to stay in the pound until Monday to give his owner a chance to claim him, but I have lined up a new home for him with some family friends. So monday I get to bust him out, saved him from the lethal injection, and hopefully I got him out of a neglectful home.
                        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                          Well I figured I would update everyone on my new little buddy. He has to stay in the pound until Monday to give his owner a chance to claim him, but I have lined up a new home for him with some family friends. So monday I get to bust him out, saved him from the lethal injection, and hopefully I got him out of a neglectful home.

Now I don't understand this law. The HSC or the pound takes the dog from the owner, but gives him days to pick it up and cont. to kick the living $hit out of him again. What is this world coming to.

Comment

Originally posted by toby101
                            Now I don't understand this law. The HSC or the pound takes the dog from the owner, but gives him days to pick it up and cont. to kick the living $hit out of him again. What is this world coming to.
                            the owner should be locked up in a cell not the dog, i hope wherever he ends up he is in a happy loving home with people who will love him and treat him well, (the dog that is not the person who neglected him)!

Comment

I live out in the country and we have had a number of dogs over the years that were abandoned and eventually showed up at our house. When we moved out there we already had one dog that we had adopted from the pound, and didn't have any plans to get another.

When these dogs showed up in the yard we at first just scared them off. Then one day a beatiful chow-something showed up in the yard. She was very healthy and spunky, and although we kept shooing her off the property she kept coming back (it was almost like she had been dumped in the driveway and immediately decided "hey, this is my new home now! - goofy friggin mutt).

Well, after a couple of days we finally gave her water and then food, and of course, that's all she wrote. Although we put a sign up in the yard re: a found dog, we had already decided to keep her at that point. She's been with us for about 4 years now. The vet speculated that she was abandoned because she was reaching breeding age.

Last year was a different story. A red boned coon hound came limping down our driveway. Skin and bone, open sores all over her body. She could hardly walk and was so thin that sitting on the concrete porch hurt her body. We got blankets, gave her small and regular amounts of food and water and spent a few weeks nursing her back to health - making her healthy enough the travel to the vet. When we got her to the vet we found out that she had heart worms - and then spent $500 on meds (and a couple of months of regular vet visits) to get her healthy again.

Logically, paying a bunch of money for a strange dying dog who just randomly showed up in our driveway just didn't make any sense. But if you decide to bring an animal into your family, logic doesn't really play into the equation.

We now have three beautiful dogs who have all been spade, and who are all greatly loved.

They say a measure of how far our society has come, is how we treat our most vulnerable - our young, our elderly, the animals that we have domesticated and made dependant upon us. I'm with 1st Kelly - the more I get to know people, the more I like my dogs.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2798 users online. 156 members and 2642 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X