• Free Mason

I've hear lots of rummurs but whats the real deal

Good or bad???
    Straight Up

new office pic relocated to: http://truckingamerica.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by Straight Up

Good or bad???
    a secret society that has been around for over 200 years..ever see that movie "skulls".something like that

Comment

Originally posted by Straight Up

Good or bad???
      How much is the Bail to Free Mason

Comment

[QUOTE=MP_HANDLER]a secret society that has been around for over 200 years

not a secret society, a society with secrets
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        In Memory of Staff Sgt. Matt Kimmell
        United States Army
        5th Special Forces Group
        Former Deputy Sheriff, Vanderburgh County
        Killed in Iraq October 11, 2005
        Sometimes I wonder, who you'd be today!!
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.tryfreemasonry.org

Real men wear aprons..

Comment

[QUOTE=ptcop531]
          Originally posted by MP_HANDLER
          a secret society that has been around for over 200 years

not a secret society, a society with secrets

oh yeah, i forgot theres a difference

Comment

Good luck finding out-the "secret" comment is so true.
            My ex's dad was a freemason and my ex was given a cassette about the masons. Don't remember if he got to even listen to it or not-he told his Dad about it, Dad asked to hear it and it was never seen again. I guess it was exposing info about the masons. They came and did some sort of ritual for my father-in-law at his funeral-very odd it was.

Comment

It is good. Yes, it is a society with secrets, but I think most college fraternities have secrets also. Freemasonry is a society of men who share common values, including a belief in God. With that in mind, I have known Christian, Muslim, and Jewish masons. Try to find the Kipling poem either "The Mother Lodge" or "My Mother Lodge". A second option is talk to some masons. They can not tell you "the secrets", but they will tell you about freemasonry. The primary goal of myself and the masons I know is to make ourselves better people, and to assist those in need.

Comment

Originally posted by MP_HANDLER
                a secret society that has been around for over 200 years..ever see that movie "skulls".something like that
                There's a big Masonic presence in "National Treasure" too!

Great flick!

-Sarge
                "He's not a known offender Captain... he's not even a known species..!"

Comment

Originally posted by lt93lover
                  They came and did some sort of ritual for my father-in-law at his funeral-very odd it was.
                  My grandpa was a Mason, and they did a ritual for him at his funeral too. I was actually very touched by it, even though I didn't understand the ritual.

Comment

As a Master Mason for the past 5 years I cannot indulge on any secrets as a part of my degree. However what I can tell you is that there are really no secrets. Ideally we are god fearing men who respect our forefathers and support our country. Some still believe that it is a secret society. Depending on your department heads, who may still believe this. Traditionally African Americans or women cannot be true masons. There is a sect of women members, however they are not allowed in lodge meetings. The same holds true for african american males, they would not be allowed to be apart of the lodge, and infact their lodges would be considered "clandestine." I don't agree with this, and is probably one of the reasons why I no longer attend functions.

Comment

In North Carolina there is nothing official that prevents an African American from joining an AF and AM lodge, and there are in fact some members. In North Carolina, there also exists F and AM lodges, which are also called Prince Hall Lodges. F and AM lodges are predominantly African American membership. I have no wish to go into a long discourse about a subject that I have limited knowledge about. I will say that there is a consistent movement to bring the 2 lodges closer together without either lodge losing its distinct heritage and history. I also will say that within the bounds of my obligation as an AF and AM mason, I believe the members of both lodges exemplify the spirit of freemasonry, which is based on brotherly love and concern for your fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by midmichigancop
                        As a Master Mason for the past 5 years I cannot indulge on any secrets as a part of my degree. However what I can tell you is that there are really no secrets. Ideally we are god fearing men who respect our forefathers and support our country. Some still believe that it is a secret society. Depending on your department heads, who may still believe this. Traditionally African Americans or women cannot be true masons. There is a sect of women members, however they are not allowed in lodge meetings. The same holds true for african american males, they would not be allowed to be apart of the lodge, and infact their lodges would be considered "clandestine." I don't agree with this, and is probably one of the reasons why I no longer attend functions.
                        i dont agree with that either.

Comment

i think my buddies dad is a free mason, he always has this free mason stuff around his house. maybe i will "borrow" some books and tell you all the secrets

Comment

I've been a freemason for 5 years now. The freemasons have been around for over a 2 thousand years.

Comment

2B1ASK1, it is a great thing to be involved in.
                              "Do not draw me without honor"

"Do not sheath me without Justice!"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4915 users online. 310 members and 4605 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X