Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oSutrooper
    only in Oklahoma lol

Is that pretty popular or common in Oklahoma? I'd really never heard of that before......
    All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

its common to southern states, okla, tx, tenn, miss, alab. so on. yes it hurts, i have seen old tymers missing fingers, and chunks of skin gone,, however now most people wear gloves, a small number of people nation wide die each yr, from drowning, usually the fish pulls them out to deeper water and swims away with them, and wont let go, thus you better have two addition people to help you,

go to www.catfishgrabblers.com good site, BIG FISH.

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
        has anyone in here ever gone noodling or catfish grabblin?

if so, lets talk.
        I have never done it myself but know some people in Mississippi and have seen them stick their arm in a concrete culvert and pull out a 50 pound flathead catfish near Grenda Dam on the Youlbusha River.That was one huge catfish! In Central MS its a big Deal!

Comment

i bought a dvd at bass pro shop the other day, it was about noodling,, i have met several guys over the yrs that did it,, it just looks fun,

Comment

its common to southern states, okla, tx, tenn, miss, alab. so on. yes it hurts, i have seen old tymers missing fingers, and chunks of skin gone,, however now most people wear gloves, a small number of people nation wide die each yr, from drowning, usually the fish pulls them out to deeper water and swims away with them, and wont let go, thus you better have two addition people to help you,

go to www.catfishgrabblers.com good site, BIG FISH.

Thanks for posting that link, gottheblues!
            All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

you betcha ,, did you look at it yet,

Comment

i bought a dvd at bass pro shop the other day, it was about noodling,, i have met several guys over the yrs that did it,, it just looks fun,
                Go buy you some gloves get a brave partner and go for it,just watch those aligator snapping turtles,Ihave seen them go 75 pounds in North Mississippi at Wall Doxey State Park near Holly Springs,Ms

Comment

you betcha ,, did you look at it yet,

Yes, I did. I read through quite a bit of it...those are some big *** catfish!!

I'll look at catfish in a whole new light now....just before I bread them in cornmeal and fry them.

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup
                    Thanks for posting that link, gottheblues!
                    Iam impressed to find women participating in this unusal sporting event, think of all the money saved on fishing tackle,but wonder do you still have to obtain a state fishing License!

Comment

Originally posted by Medea
                      Go buy you some gloves get a brave partner and go for it,just watch those aligator snapping turtles,Ihave seen them go 75 pounds in North Mississippi at Wall Doxey State Park near Holly Springs,Ms
                      what kind of gloves, i have little girl hands, so i dont fill out leather gloves, so i need something that wont slide off,,

Comment

Originally posted by Buttercup
                        Yes, I did. I read through quite a bit of it...those are some big *** catfish!!

I'll look at catfish in a whole new light now....just before I bread them in cornmeal and fry them.
                        amazing isnt it...

Comment

Iam impressed to find women participating in this unusal sporting event, think of all the money saved on fishing tackle,but wonder do you still have to obtain a state fishing License!
                          no kidding, i figure that if a 16 yr old cheerleader can do it,,i dang sure can,,,i think,, i dont know about the lic thing, but i have a lifetime combo so im covered.

Comment

what kind of gloves, i have little girl hands, so i dont fill out leather gloves, so i need something that wont slide off,,
                            I would try weight lifting gloves that are avaiable at SuperWalmarts in the sporting section,or go to www.casabella's.com I think its their website,if Iam wrong go to the website you posted about Grabblin and check out their products,but remember too at least find someone who has done it before to get you started,on the right path

Comment

I would try weight lifting gloves that are avaiable at SuperWalmarts in the sporting section,or go to www.casabella's.com I think its their website,if Iam wrong go to the website you posted about Grabblin and check out their products,but remember too at least find someone who has done it before to get you started,on the right path
                              yea thats what i am working on now, we just moved to another part of the state, so i dont know many people here, but i am looking,

Comment

amazing isnt it...

Yes, it really is. I've also learned not to put Noodling on my "Things to Do Before I Die" list.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4639 users online. 273 members and 4366 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X