Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    Hmmmm...hadn't thought about the extended scorpian family being nearby...better keep my boots handy and my eyes open !!!

Not sure why the skeetos like me sooooo much, but they are some suicidal suckers !!! I will come into the house after being out at dusk and have skeetos all over my skin, dead from the Deet. Ewwwwww...

I love reptiles ~ but I can assure you that I'd never cozy up to a rattler !!!

Originally posted by Styx
    Like my brother told me after I killed my first scorpian........."So, it was a baby scorpian, huh? that means there are more babies and a mommy out there." Big brothers and scare tactics, you know.

As far as perdator urine goes.....I have heard it works, but the only problem is convincing a bobcat or coyote to pee on something for you without getting hurt.

Tender Lump..you must have sweet blood for the Skeeters to risk their lives to get.

That was a spooky rattlesnake story.......hear a lot if them over here.

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    Funny how humans tend to do the same thing when they drink !!!

I've only got good $80 tequila in the house right now. I'd much rather just squish the scorpian to death with my motorcycle boots than waste a precious drop of my good stuff....

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
    Fact: If you put a drop of hard liquor on a scorpian it will sting itself to death.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    Originally posted by Tender Lumpling
    Oh...and yes...I already found a scorpian in my house about 3 nights ago. I went outside to adjust my front sprinklers and when I came back in, I found a light brown scorpian crawling across my floor. At first I did a double take, thinking it was just an odd-shapped cricket...but no, it was a scorpian. I whacked it with my motorcycle boot and it died quickly. It was only a baby scorpian ( maybe 2" long) but I certainly don't want one in my house.

When I used to work out in San Bernardino county (now called the I.E. ~ Inland Empire) we had a family of black Scorpians interupt an office meeting in our boardroom. They were just cruising around the room like they belonged there and everyone was up on chairs shrieking ~ even the manly men !!! I had to "shoo" them out myself - just call me "Tender the Animal Wrangler."
    Fact: If you put a drop of hard liquor on a scorpian it will sting itself to death.

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Originally posted by Tender Lumpling
    Oh...and yes...I already found a scorpian in my house about 3 nights ago. I went outside to adjust my front sprinklers and when I came back in, I found a light brown scorpian crawling across my floor. At first I did a double take, thinking it was just an odd-shapped cricket...but no, it was a scorpian. I whacked it with my motorcycle boot and it died quickly. It was only a baby scorpian ( maybe 2" long) but I certainly don't want one in my house.

When I used to work out in San Bernardino county (now called the I.E. ~ Inland Empire) we had a family of black Scorpians interupt an office meeting in our boardroom. They were just cruising around the room like they belonged there and everyone was up on chairs shrieking ~ even the manly men !!! I had to "shoo" them out myself - just call me "Tender the Animal Wrangler."
    Like my brother told me after I killed my first scorpian........."So, it was a baby scorpian, huh? that means there are more babies and a mommy out there." Big brothers and scare tactics, you know.

As far as perdator urine goes.....I have heard it works, but the only problem is convincing a bobcat or coyote to pee on something for you without getting hurt.

Tender Lump..you must have sweet blood for the Skeeters to risk their lives to get.

That was a spooky rattlesnake story.......hear a lot if them over here.

Leave a comment:

• hunttx19
    replied
    There's not a closed hunting season on Armadillo's

Leave a comment:

• 00svtlightning
    replied
    i know people here use predator urine that you can buy to keep deer out of gardens...that might help, but I'm not for sure.

Leave a comment:

• Spee-Dee
    replied
    I think my brother uses something he makes with Tabasco sauce or something.....
    I was going to suggest that too. It seems to work on keeping the dog out of the flower bed.

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    You're not scaring me Styx. Wildlife was here before us ~ we just have to share the space.

Your nephew is VERY lucky, baby rattlers are far deadlier than the adults b/c they can't control their venom release, meaning more poison in the system. We get at least 3 deaths a year in CA from baby rattlers.

A TRUE STORY ~ one girl I used to work with went hiking with her brother in the fall when temps started getting cold. She found a baby snake lying on a rock and looked to be near death. Being a misplaced animal lover, she scooped it up and put it into her jacket to keep it warm. She kept it there the whole 20 minute drive home, then put it into a terrarium at home. The next day she took the snake to the vet. The vet was shocked because the snake was a baby rattler...she was lucky it never bit her !!!

My nephew was bit by a rattlesnake a few weeks ago. He was out mucking stalls at his friends ranch and thought a wasp bit him. When he looked to swat at it, he saw a rattler biting him. It was a baby so that is why he did not hear it. Its a good thing he saw what it was and went to the hospital immediately.....he is ok.

Hope I am not scaring you...but ask around and see what kind of critters you have in Dallas......

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    Ya know...they say that SSS works, but it has never worked for me. I'm just one big mosquito buffet of white meat ~ I drive them WILD !!! They're even willing to risk a DEET death just to get a taste....

[QUOTE=Styx]Skin so Soft by avon is a great mosquito repellant,...FYI! And it smells so good and makes your skin smell so yummy. My sister used to sent that to my brother by the case for him and his fellow National Guard buddies when they wee out training in mosquito infested areas of Texas...we have lots of those. QUOTE]

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied

When it gets super dooper hair singing hot...watch out for scorpians.....they are just looking for water when you find them inside.....so shake out your socks and boots before you put them on...and you shoes and underwear....they like to hide while they sniff out refreshments.

Leave a comment:

• Tender Lumpling
    replied
    Hi Sexy Styx...

I wasn't quite THAT close to the Armadillo - more like 2-3 feet away and carrying a heavy flashlight...just in case I had to play "whack a mole" with it's head. I heard an odd noise in the front yard and being a typical white girl that goes to inspect strange noises ( think horror movies ) I saw the Armadillo running over my sidewalk and to the side of the house. I have never seen a real, live Armadillo - just a stuffed one and tv specials about them. They are facsinating and very prehistoric looking...but UGLY AS SIN !!! They remind me of a cross between a sewer rat and a pill bug (a.k.a. "roly poly".) Hubby calls them "rats on a half shell."

Tell Tender dear to stay away from the oh so cute armadillos.......I am not sure if they can carry rabies, but I know they can carry other critter diseases that we dont want. They are not cool...they are not cute...they are ugly rodents wearing armor.

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Yeah..be careful with that. Those creeks are sneaky little bastards...not just because of the critters.

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    We're actually up in Frisco, not as hilly as your area but rolling. We're also backed up to a creek. Looks like our little one won't be spending a lot of time down there.

Probably not.....Dallas is pretty flat, no? .....

Leave a comment:

• Styx
    replied
    Originally posted by pkagel
    Are those in Dallas???
    Probably not.....Dallas is pretty flat, no? We have a lot of foresty type hills over here in the "Hill Country" so we have scorpians, rattlesnakes, and coyotes...plus a lot of other things.
    My nephew was bit by a rattlesnake a few weeks ago. He was out mucking stalls at his friends ranch and thought a wasp bit him. When he looked to swat at it, he saw a rattler biting him. It was a baby so that is why he did not hear it. Its a good thing he saw what it was and went to the hospital immediately.....he is ok.

Hope I am not scaring you...but ask around and see what kind of critters you have in Dallas......

Leave a comment:

• pkagel
    replied
    Are those in Dallas???

When it gets super dooper hair singing hot...watch out for scorpians.....!

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3808 users online. 269 members and 3539 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X