300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armadillo problem

Ok, all you TX natives out there. I have a problem, seems we have a rat-on-a-half-shell tearing up the yard and I want to keep him away. What do I need to do to disuade this little guy?
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Originally posted by pkagel
    Ok, all you TX natives out there. I have a problem, seems we have a rat-on-a-half-shell tearing up the yard and I want to keep him away. What do I need to do to disuade this little guy?
    I just shoot em........not really. Those bastards have torn up my yard before many, many years ago and I forgot what I did. I will ask around....

Comment

Poor Tender Lumpling found out last night that they are not near as cute as cartoons would have you believe
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Originally posted by Styx
        I just shoot em........not really. Those bastards have torn up my yard before many, many years ago and I forgot what I did. I will ask around....
        good luck, i shot one with my 22m glock, 180 grain gold dot,, shot it twice, all it did was limp away,,, but on the other hand, i had shot one with my 12 ga. 30 in barrel with full choke,,,he didnt go anywhere,,,

Comment

I'm just guessing my local PD and HOA would frown a bit on me taking the HK to the animal. I'm just looking to make him go away, not kill him.

Comment

I'm just guessing my local PD and HOA would frown a bit on me taking the HK to the animal. I'm just looking to make him go away, not kill him.
            Yes, they would frown upon that...not because you are shooting a rodent, but because someone else could get hurt.
            Ask your neighbors what they do.....would be a good chance for you to get to know your neighbors, afterall.
            They are basically looking for grubs to eat and they say if you keep the grubs away, you can keep them away...not so sure about that.

They sell "Armadillo away" kind of stuff, but I hear it a waste of money........I think my brother uses something he makes with Tabasco sauce or something.....

Comment

That's what I'm talkin' about! I wonder if I can plant some peppers and make my own "Armadillo away" sauce!! Poor Tender Lumpling told me she got w/i one foot of him. I'm just guessing that it wasn't a good idea, but she wanted to see one so bad. I can't wait until she trys to save a snapping turtle

I think my brother uses something he makes with Tabasco sauce or something.....

Comment

That's what I'm talkin' about! I wonder if I can plant some peppers and make my own "Armadillo away" sauce!! Poor Tender Lumpling told me she got w/i one foot of him. I'm just guessing that it wasn't a good idea, but she wanted to see one so bad. I can't wait until she trys to save a snapping turtle
                Tell Tender dear to stay away from the oh so cute armadillos.......I am not sure if they can carry rabies, but I know they can carry other critter diseases that we dont want. They are not cool...they are not cute...they are ugly rodents wearing armor.

When it gets super dooper hair singing hot...watch out for scorpians.....they are just looking for water when you find them inside.....so shake out your socks and boots before you put them on...and you shoes and underwear....they like to hide while they sniff out refreshments.

Skin so Soft by avon is a great mosquito repellant,...FYI! And it smells so good and makes your skin smell so yummy. My sister used to sent that to my brother by the case for him and his fellow National Guard buddies when they wee out training in mosquito infested areas of Texas...we have lots of those. If you have pets ..talk to your vet about heartworm prevention...fleas, too. My dog uses Revolution and its easy to apply and takes care of both.

Chiggers(mite larvae) are a bitch, too....they itch like a mother when they bite , but dont scratch.....
                I will find that pepper recipe ...somewhere.....for the armadillos

Welcome to Texas...its good to have ya, pardners!

Comment

Are those in Dallas???

When it gets super dooper hair singing hot...watch out for scorpians.....!

Comment

Are those in Dallas???
                    Probably not.....Dallas is pretty flat, no? We have a lot of foresty type hills over here in the "Hill Country" so we have scorpians, rattlesnakes, and coyotes...plus a lot of other things.
                    My nephew was bit by a rattlesnake a few weeks ago. He was out mucking stalls at his friends ranch and thought a wasp bit him. When he looked to swat at it, he saw a rattler biting him. It was a baby so that is why he did not hear it. Its a good thing he saw what it was and went to the hospital immediately.....he is ok.

Hope I am not scaring you...but ask around and see what kind of critters you have in Dallas......

Comment

We're actually up in Frisco, not as hilly as your area but rolling. We're also backed up to a creek. Looks like our little one won't be spending a lot of time down there.

Probably not.....Dallas is pretty flat, no? .....

Comment

Yeah..be careful with that. Those creeks are sneaky little bastards...not just because of the critters.

Comment

Hi Sexy Styx...

I wasn't quite THAT close to the Armadillo - more like 2-3 feet away and carrying a heavy flashlight...just in case I had to play "whack a mole" with it's head. I heard an odd noise in the front yard and being a typical white girl that goes to inspect strange noises ( think horror movies ) I saw the Armadillo running over my sidewalk and to the side of the house. I have never seen a real, live Armadillo - just a stuffed one and tv specials about them. They are facsinating and very prehistoric looking...but UGLY AS SIN !!! They remind me of a cross between a sewer rat and a pill bug (a.k.a. "roly poly".) Hubby calls them "rats on a half shell."

Tell Tender dear to stay away from the oh so cute armadillos.......I am not sure if they can carry rabies, but I know they can carry other critter diseases that we dont want. They are not cool...they are not cute...they are ugly rodents wearing armor.
                          [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

Oh...and yes...I already found a scorpian in my house about 3 nights ago. I went outside to adjust my front sprinklers and when I came back in, I found a light brown scorpian crawling across my floor. At first I did a double take, thinking it was just an odd-shapped cricket...but no, it was a scorpian. I whacked it with my motorcycle boot and it died quickly. It was only a baby scorpian ( maybe 2" long) but I certainly don't want one in my house.

When I used to work out in San Bernardino county (now called the I.E. ~ Inland Empire) we had a family of black Scorpians interupt an office meeting in our boardroom. They were just cruising around the room like they belonged there and everyone was up on chairs shrieking ~ even the manly men !!! I had to "shoo" them out myself - just call me "Tender the Animal Wrangler."

When it gets super dooper hair singing hot...watch out for scorpians.....they are just looking for water when you find them inside.....so shake out your socks and boots before you put them on...and you shoes and underwear....they like to hide while they sniff out refreshments.
                            [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

Ya know...they say that SSS works, but it has never worked for me. I'm just one big mosquito buffet of white meat ~ I drive them WILD !!! They're even willing to risk a DEET death just to get a taste....

[QUOTE=Styx]Skin so Soft by avon is a great mosquito repellant,...FYI! And it smells so good and makes your skin smell so yummy. My sister used to sent that to my brother by the case for him and his fellow National Guard buddies when they wee out training in mosquito infested areas of Texas...we have lots of those. QUOTE]

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5041 users online. 313 members and 4728 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X