300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My turn to vent. Drivers who too blind to see the car in front and hit you

Grr! My car was rearended/backside swiped this morning by a girl driving a Tiburon.

I was stopped and waiting for a pedestrian to cross the street and then the kid stopped walking and his face made an undescribably expression, I looked in my side mirror, saw a car then BOOM! she hits me.

She was trying to turn right and never saw my car in front of her. There wasn't enough room for her to turn right and she never tried to slow down. What did she tell me? "Oh, were you turning? I never saw your car. I usually don't ever stop here." She probably never saw the kid crossing the street either. How the hell do you not see the car ahead of you?

It wasn't long until she started bawling her head off and almost slammed her dog's head into the door while calling her dad. Her car is going to be a write-off. The frame is stuck inside her tire, her left front fender no longer exists, and half of her bumper is missing. Her car just shattered into pieces.

Her car should have been towed away, but her dad insisted that she should drive it the two blocks home with the sliced tire and frame grinding into her rotor. My guess for his reasoning is that if her vehicle was towed, we'd have to have call the police there and she'd get charged with driving with undue care and attention.

My car is all scraped and dented now. My back, neck and shoulders are hurting like an SOB. In order for me to file an injury claim I had to report it to the police. Whether or not they'd still charge her, I don't know, but I don't really care. How the hell do you not see the car in front of you and then decide you're going to turn right even though there isn't enough room for you to fit between the other car and the sidewalk. I just don't understand some people.

But on the plus side, I have helped rid the streets of a Tiburon.

sorry to hear that. i think you should go and get your neck looked at if it keeps on botheren you. sounds like she should be charged with failure to maintain control or following to closely

Comment

So why did you not call the police??????
      "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

happens every day,,sorry,

okay, accident was bad enough that a car was totaled, and you didnt call the police dept,,,, good luck in court.

Comment

was the driver blonde and talking on a cell phone?

Comment

Originally posted by gotthblues
            happens every day,,sorry,

okay, accident was bad enough that a car was totaled, and you didnt call the police dept,,,, good luck in court.
            Hey, I wanted to call the police, her dad said it wasn't necessary because she could drive her car home. In Saskatchewan we're only supposed to call the police if the vehicle is towed, or if there is a serious injury or death involved.

I've reported the accident to the police already now so that I can file an injury claim.

This wasn't a matter of following too closely though because she wasn't even behind me when I had stopped. She just didn't think to stop and plowed into me.

Comment

So the hyundai is totalled and your car is driveable?
              si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by MP_HANDLER
                was the driver blonde and talking on a cell phone?
                She was blonde, but she forgot her cell phone at home along with her license.

Comment

Originally posted by 00svtlightning
                  So the hyundai is totalled and your car is driveable?
                  Yup, but driving my car with it scraped and dented to crap is not enjoyable for me. The backend of my car was it's most attractive feature.

Comment

What kind of car do you have year make model mileage?
                    si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
                      Hey, I wanted to call the police, her dad said it wasn't necessary because she could drive her car home. In Saskatchewan we're only supposed to call the police if the vehicle is towed, or if there is a serious injury or death involved.

I've reported the accident to the police already now so that I can file an injury claim.

This wasn't a matter of following too closely though because she wasn't even behind me when I had stopped. She just didn't think to stop and plowed into me.
                      man, that is messed up, more than $500 here, and a report is made,

this is after the fact, but a bit of advice, "the dad" is probly just trying to cover his ***/insurance, DO NOT listen to the parent or spouse of someone how just crashed into you, you are young and female, they are probly trying to role one over on you. you said it yourself, the car should have been towed, they were just being idiots, and again, trying to pull one over on you, you should have called anyway. SCREW THEM, take care of your own.

Comment

I was just thinking myself that they handle those weird. Here if you bump cars with any sort of damage there is supposed to be a report filed. Very Interesting way of handling things
                        si vis pacem para bellum

Comment

I was just thinking myself that they handle those weird. Here if you bump cars with any sort of damage there is supposed to be a report filed. Very Interesting way of handling things
                          thats what i said, here more the $500 in damage = a report, anymore, that s a headlight.

Comment

What kind of car do you have year make model mileage?

I have a 1990 Buick Regal. I think it has something like 154,000 miles on it. I just put it over the 300,000 km mark.

My car has been through a lot, but this is the most damage thus far. Usually in accidents it stands up pretty good. It's not 90% plastic like the new cars, or in the Tiburon's case 98% plastic, so it doesn't really break. It's not even dented that badly. The chrome is scratched and gouged to $hit and I'll need a new bumper. They can probably pound out the dent in my fender and repaint it. I'm so happy she missed my taillight. She missed it merely by millimeters. Had she done that I wouldn't be able to legally drive my car.

It used to be anything over $1000 had to be reported to the police, but a minor fender bender's usual cost is around $2400. If we had to report every accident with $1000 damage, that's all the police would deal with.

Oh, I forgot to mention this. After she hit my car, she decided that she was going to move her car forward to get out of the way. Well, remember how I mentioned that there wasn't enough room for her to get her car through? Well, there STILL wasn't enough room so she continued to hit my car while she was trying to move her's forward. Dumbass.
                            Last edited by Spee-Dee; 09-14-2005, 04:48 PM.

Comment

So, you still haven't stated why you didn't call the police.
                              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2845 users online. 163 members and 2682 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X