Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reconditioning Full Face Helmets (Where?)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sgttom
    replied
    get a new one...

send old one back to the factory for reconditioning and save. they can check for structural integrity and all that....

Leave a comment:

• Dolmen
    replied
    If the helmet's over 5 years old you should sling it and buy a new one.

By the sound of it, it's in a pretty lousy condition and even if it's not that old I'd buy a new one anyway like Camaro suggests.

Leave a comment:

• 69CanaryCamaro
    replied
    It would probably be cheaper, quicker and safer to just buy a new DOT approved helmet. If the interior is crumbling away, then the safety certification on the helmet is probably outdated. Every 5 years the DOT and Snell Foundation required manufactures to resubmit their helmets with the new safety ratings so they can be retested. Therefore, a newer helmet would be safer than your old one.

Leave a comment:

• Bob88
    started a topic Reconditioning Full Face Helmets (Where?)

Reconditioning Full Face Helmets (Where?)

I just got back into riding after retiring, and I fixed up my old sportster XLH 1000. It does not have a windshield like my FLHPI, but it is fun.

I had a BMW system 2 helmet when I got my R100 motorcycle long time ago, and I recently found it but the interior cushion is crumbling.

Does anyone know where I could recondition or change the cushion and paddings of this helmet?

I like in Boston, so it will be best that I could send it there, otherwise mailing out would be fine too.

Thanks!

Bob

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2262 users online. 142 members and 2120 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X