Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reconditioning Full Face Helmets (Where?)

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reconditioning Full Face Helmets (Where?)

I just got back into riding after retiring, and I fixed up my old sportster XLH 1000. It does not have a windshield like my FLHPI, but it is fun.

I had a BMW system 2 helmet when I got my R100 motorcycle long time ago, and I recently found it but the interior cushion is crumbling.

Does anyone know where I could recondition or change the cushion and paddings of this helmet?

I like in Boston, so it will be best that I could send it there, otherwise mailing out would be fine too.

Thanks!

Bob

It would probably be cheaper, quicker and safer to just buy a new DOT approved helmet. If the interior is crumbling away, then the safety certification on the helmet is probably outdated. Every 5 years the DOT and Snell Foundation required manufactures to resubmit their helmets with the new safety ratings so they can be retested. Therefore, a newer helmet would be safer than your old one.
    Applied to Marietta PD-August 8, 2005
    Written test passed-August 16, 2005
    Background book turned in-September 6, 2005
    Oral board passed-September 12, 2005
    Psych test-September 16, 2005
    Polygraph test passed-September 26, 2005

Comment

If the helmet's over 5 years old you should sling it and buy a new one.

By the sound of it, it's in a pretty lousy condition and even if it's not that old I'd buy a new one anyway like Camaro suggests.
      Mankind shall not be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.

Dithyrambe Sur La Fête Des Rois -- Denis Diderot (1713 - 1784)

Comment

get a new one...

send old one back to the factory for reconditioning and save. they can check for structural integrity and all that....
        ''Life's tough......it's tougher if you're stupid.''
        -- John Wayne

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6040 users online. 363 members and 5677 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X