Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guilty Pleasure You're Most Ashamed Of....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not an Oingo Boingo fan ?!? How can that be ?? Did you ever see "Forbidden Zone" - a campy, B&W 80's film directed by Richard Elfman (D's older brother) and starring the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo ( later shortened to just Oingo Boingo.) Danny Elfman plays the Devil (big surprise there !!!!) The movie is out on dvd now - check it out if you haven't already !!!

Most people who hear Oingo Boingo think, "Dead Man's Party" or "Weird Science." The band had MUCH better songs than those - I always preferred the songs they sang with deep meaning, like "Not My Slave", "Insanity", "Only a Lad", "Skin", etc.

An interesting factoid - Danny Elfman was the singing voice for Jack Skellington in "Nightmare before Christmas !"

*bows down before Danny Elfman Shrine*

Originally posted by Buttercup
    Oh, and Tender Lumpling - I wasn't a huge Oingo Boingo fan, but I do love Danny Elfman's Music for a Darkened Theater..
    Tender Lumpling
    Danny Elfman's Plaything
    Last edited by Tender Lumpling; 09-13-2005, 12:21 AM.
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

I dunno....my fav was always "Better Off Dead" with John Cusack !!!

Originally posted by BaseballBabe
      That movie is an all time favorite. Nothing can top that.
      [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=4][COLOR=Indigo]Oh listen tender lumplings let me take you by the hands...I

Comment

Originally posted by Tender Lumpling
        I dunno....my fav was always "Better Off Dead" with John Cusack !!!
        I like the John Hughes 80's films with Molly Ringwald.

My favorite Oingo Boingo song has to be the one about "little girls" it was a high school favorite.

The Smiths has got to be my all time favorite band.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
          Yeah, they are getting pretty bad. I have yet to find a movie that beats Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
          Chick Flick!!!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is to women what Platoon or Apocalypse Now is for men.

Apocalypse Now is double fun because it brings back memories of a stunning young blonde suntan center employee I had come over for a sleep over party!!!

My best line ever, "Hey I'm watching Apocalypse Now and I just ordered some chinese. Wanna come over??" Ahhh.. to be young again.

Comment

Originally posted by cst.sb
            Chick Flick!!!

Ferris Bueller's Day Off is to women what Platoon or Apocalypse Now is for men.

Apocalypse Now is double fun because it brings back memories of a stunning young blonde suntan center employee I had come over for a sleep over party!!!

My best line ever, "Hey I'm watching Apocalypse Now and I just ordered some chinese. Wanna come over??" Ahhh.. to be young again.
            What? How can you call FBDO a chick flick? My brother managed to like it, so there's no way it can be called a chick flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Spee-Dee
              What? How can you call FBDO a chick flick? My brother managed to like it, so there's no way it can be called a chick flick.
              Ok, I think this needs an online poll that includes the person voting's gender!!

I'd set one up, but I don't know how...

And my most guilty pleasure, so as not to take over the thread, is PIZZA. Sometimes I crave it so bad I want to cry.

Comment

Just one word

BOB!

Comment

Not an Oingo Boingo fan ?!? How can that be ?? Did you ever see "Forbidden Zone" - a campy, B&W 80's film directed by Richard Elfman (D's older brother) and starring the Mystic Knights of the Oingo Boingo ( later shortened to just Oingo Boingo.) Danny Elfman plays the Devil (big surprise there !!!!) The movie is out on dvd now - check it out if you haven't already !!!

Most people who hear Oingo Boingo think, "Dead Man's Party" or "Weird Science." The band had MUCH better songs than those - I always preferred the songs they sang with deep meaning, like "Not My Slave", "Insanity", "Only a Lad", "Skin", etc.

An interesting factoid - Danny Elfman was the singing voice for Jack Skellington in "Nightmare before Christmas !"

*bows down before Danny Elfman Shrine*

Now, now TL....I was a fan, just not a HUGE fan. I did know that he was Jack Skellington's voice, and I love his distinctive sound in the film scores that he's done.
                  All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

A guilty pleasure that I have is watching "The Surreal Life." I like the way it shows some of the has been prima-donna's that think they are still about something. After seeing a few episodes, "Mini-Me" needs to get a serious *** kicking, and FORMER super model Janice Dickinson should realize that a life of drugs, sex and general abuse have made her about as attractive as a 3-pack a day carnival queen.
                    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

Comment

O.k. I read the Enquier,Star,and Globe(my students that are journalism majors would be horrified,and rightly so),I use the wrinlke creams and firmers.I tend to be a little too vain,I try not to be,especially now since my parents are gone,and not around to tell me that I'm being an idiot,which they would not hesitate to do,believe me.I love cheese,I try to buy the lowfat one's,but I can't give them up.I love lamb chops(I feel a little guily because baby lambs are so cute.I love fois gras( feel a little guilty because the ducks or geese are forced fed .essentially tortured),the other guily pleasures are not for public consumption.

Comment

Hey B.C.....Have you seen, "Forbidden Zone? "

Originally posted by Buttercup
                        Now, now TL....I was a fan, just not a HUGE fan. I did know that he was Jack Skellington's voice, and I love his distinctive sound in the film scores that he's done.

Comment

Hey B.C.....Have you seen, "Forbidden Zone? "

No, I haven't, but I'll add that to my queue on Netflix....it sounds like something I'd enjoy.
                          All human actions have one or more of these seven causes: chance, nature, compulsions, habit, reason, passion and desire.

Comment

Hmmm my guilty pleasure.....

I don't think I have any....

Ummm hanging out at str8 places and flirting with str8 girls???? lmmo
                            THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Ninjagirl
                              Just one word

BOB!

<snicker> hehehehehe
                              THE OTHER PLACE...A Forum to get away to

Patience with ignorance

Everyone is gay until proven striaght.

I am the one you want and what you want is so unreal--M.M.

When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed--M.M.

Art may imitate life, but life imitates TV--Ani Difranco

Comment

Originally posted by Photogrrlz
                                Hmmm my guilty pleasure.....

I don't think I have any....

Ummm hanging out at str8 places and flirting with str8 girls???? lmmo

That was YOU?????

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5425 users online. 309 members and 5116 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X